BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] fans NOT going to Burnley - please read.

AndyNeil

Turf Moor Reasons for not Attending  

119 members have voted

1. 1. I am not going to Turf Moor because

• Ticket Price
    • Transport Cost
    • Combination of 1 & 2
    • Enforced Transport
    • Overcrowding at Turf Moor
    • TV Coverage

As a possible play off meeting remains on the cards I wonder if, should we be destined to meet at Wembley (god forbid, my old heart would pack up before a ball was even kicked!), they'll move the game to a mid week early kick off - or will the Met simply police it like they do countless other games and events.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the police not also put a stop to the league cup celebration planned? I may well be dreaming on that one but it never took place.

As I recall it was Souness who didn't want a celebration as at the time of winning it we were deep in relegation trouble. There was a muted kind of celebration after a Youth Team match at Ewood when the season ended. The players got their medals and the trophy on the pitch but by then the excitement had long gone.

Souness really annoyed me after that cup win. All he kept saying was how small a club we were. I know he wasn't making it up, but it did sort of tarnish the experience. I guess he thought it showed just what an achievement it was. But I just wanted our manager to sing our praises. I dunno, maybe my memory fails me a bit.

As a possible play off meeting remains on the cards I wonder if, should we be destined to meet at Wembley (god forbid, my old heart would pack up before a ball was even kicked!), they'll move the game to a mid week early kick off - or will the Met simply police it like they do countless other games and events.

Longsiders start a topic for ClaretsMad. Re: Poss Wembley Play Off Final. Might it be advantageous for the clubs to play on different days? Discuss. :wacko:^_^

I rarely go on there theno - chances are if I post that they will simply delete it.

As the weeks pass both clubs in the play offs looks more and more likely. I may book a short break to cover any games we have to play against each other. Somewhere that the internet and television and radio and English newspapers don't reach - oh and no mobile coverage!

No doubt TV will impact the gate on the day now at Ewood.

Sign of the times. We had a bigger attendance for the QPR game about a month after we played you. There'll be more on against Sheff Wednesday tomorrow.

It's becoming just another match on the fixture list.

Sign of the times. We had a bigger attendance for the QPR game about a month after we played you. There'll be more on against Sheff Wednesday tomorrow.

It's becoming just another match on the fixture list.

How did you fit 350,000 in turd ?

I know attendance is a big thing for you guys, personally I prefer to measure performance on league position.

Lest we forget, you didn't sell your turf allocation - and we will probably struggle as much in this reverse fixture - but that won't decide the result or the end of season league finishes for either team.

For the record, last season the home fixtures for both clubs were the seasons highest attendance - this season our home fixture wasn't close - I suspect yours won't be either:

LAST SEASON

Club High High Opponent

Blackburn 20735 Burnley(17/03/13)

Burnley 21341 Blackburn(02/12/12)

THIS SEASON

Club High High Opponent

Blackburn 20267 Leeds United(30/11/13)

Burnley 16074 QPR(26/10/13)

I think Maji the powers that be have finally achieved their goal. When more fans want to go to the Turf to watch QPR than Rovers - and I suspect more want to go to Ewood to watch Leeds than Burnley then you know they've finally ripped the heart out of one of the oldest fixtures in world football, one that is arguably the 'original' derby.

I know attendance is a big thing for you guys, personally I prefer to measure performance on league position.

Lest we forget, you didn't sell your turf allocation - and we will probably struggle as much in this reverse fixture - but that won't decide the result or the end of season league finishes for either team.

Nice 34 year 9 months side step there

I think Maji the powers that be have finally achieved their goal. When more fans want to go to the Turf to watch QPR than Rovers - and I suspect more want to go to Ewood to watch Leeds than Burnley then you know they've finally ripped the heart out of one of the oldest fixtures in world football, one that is arguably the 'original' derby.

I would really like to go to an away derby I have never been to one. But alas I must drive to Ewood, get a bus, get a bus back then drive back, which will take the whole day away and I never have a whole saturday free. If I could go direct I would be there, but I can't as I'm considered a hooligan.

I can see why you call them busy's up here!

You do know there's no F in turd

I would really like to go to an away derby I have never been to one. But alas I must drive to Ewood, get a bus, get a bus back then drive back, which will take the whole day away and I never have a whole saturday free. If I could go direct I would be there, but I can't as I'm considered a hooligan.

I can see why you call them busy's up here!

Wait til Wembley that's three full days

I rarely go on there theno - chances are if I post that they will simply delete it.

As the weeks pass both clubs in the play offs looks more and more likely. I may book a short break to cover any games we have to play against each other. Somewhere that the internet and television and radio and English newspapers don't reach - oh and no mobile coverage!

What is that about? It can't be about you, surely. Or do you suddenly stop being sensible,when you leave this message board?

I think it is a disgrace what has happened to this derby. I am suspicious of all the talk about police intelligence (oxymoron?) I just don't buy it It just feels like talking something up with dark undertones in order to get an opportunity to practise for...what?...future civil unrest on a Northern Ireland scale???...

A Wembley play off final would be interesting...Maybe it would be like the miners' strike when police wouldn't let innocent people travel down the motorway...in case they committed an offence a few hours later. I remember Cloughie raging against that on Foot ball Focus, when they tried to talk to him about football...

No-one outside the area can comprehend the OTT response that the police have managed to get re defined as the norm.

Just that board Leonard, threads and posts get deleted or locked if the people running it don't like it.

No it's not me, but it became impossible to have debate so I stopped going on.

Oh and not side stepping 34 years, you had a much better side than us for most of that time and the relevant league positions demonstrated that.

Just that board Leonard, threads and posts get deleted or locked if the people running it don't like it.

No it's not me, but it became impossible to have debate so I stopped going on.

Oh and not side stepping 34 years, you had a much better side than us for most of that time and the relevant league positions demonstrated that.

I wondered why you came on here..like a kind of Daniel in a literary(!) lion's den. Anyway, I thought the whole point of a message board was debate. It does seem to work for you on here though

.I always loved conversations with fans of opposing team's at away games etc and every time I have started a new course or job away from home, football conversation has been a source of easy conversation.

I worried about about playing you last year at our lowest point..This year it could be even worse..Just think defeat by your lot for the first time since 1979 could be the prelude to March administration for us.. On the other hand, we could win to push us on to the play offs...talk about stark alternatives!

Ah Darwen I'm sorry if I gave that impression for myself (though I'm not sure it was me who said it was just another fixture to be honest). No I'm desperate to win one but the funny thing is it has gone on so long now that the losses don't hurt like they first did when we recommenced battle after that 17 year absence (doesn't mean they don't hurt, just sting a little less than they did) - that won't take the edge of the celebration should we finally do so - ever!

This fixture had meaning long before the 80's when there wasn't the long non winning streak, it has lost it's edge and appeal not because we don't care, not because you don't care but because a whole lot of people in both camps don't care for all the restrictions and hassle - especially when they can watch it in comfort at their local.

Leonard I come on here because I like to hear from opposition fans and none more so than you lot. No fans will be so scathing in their criticism so I know, the odd troll aside, I'll get honest views on here. I go on a different, far less busy and popular Burnley board, a sort of local board for local people :-)

• Moderation Lead

Ah Darwen I'm sorry if I gave that impression for myself (though I'm not sure it was me who said it was just another fixture to be honest). No I'm desperate to win one but the funny thing is it has gone on so long now that the losses don't hurt like they first did when we recommenced battle after that 17 year absence (doesn't mean they don't hurt, just sting a little less than they did) - that won't take the edge of the celebration should we finally do so - ever!

This fixture had meaning long before the 80's when there wasn't the long non winning streak, it has lost it's edge and appeal not because we don't care, not because you don't care but because a whole lot of people in both camps don't care for all the restrictions and hassle - especially when they can watch it in comfort at their local.

Leonard I come on here because I like to hear from opposition fans and none more so than you lot. No fans will be so scathing in their criticism so I know, the odd troll aside, I'll get honest views on here. I go on a different, far less busy and popular Burnley board, a sort of local board for local people :-)

From what I can gather Clarets Mad is a weird one, I used to post on Rovers Mad a bit, and thus visited there, Claret Tony (iirc) rules with an iron fist.

Strange fellow.

• Moderation Lead

Is claret tony that fellow from the telly, you know the one with the dodgy scruffy beard who used to edit the Daily Sport?

That one on North West Tonight that does the Sport? Nah, I don't think so.

Archived