BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] fans NOT going to Burnley - please read.

AndyNeil

Turf Moor Reasons for not Attending  

119 members have voted

1. 1. I am not going to Turf Moor because

• Ticket Price
    • Transport Cost
    • Combination of 1 & 2
    • Enforced Transport
    • Overcrowding at Turf Moor
    • TV Coverage

How do you do that if you're placed on a coach full of them?

You have no option but to spend four hours in their company

This season they have introduced the idea of a 'family coach'. It is the intention (though I'm not 100% on this) that those of us on a family coach will be seated together in a block at t'Turf.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would probably explain the higher than usual ticket prices. I think it was about £34 in the BBE end last season when a normal Cat A game is £25 so it would seem the fans are paying for the farce after all.

Bumley was a cat A+ game as it will be this season and is priced at £32 again

For some reason Leeds are the other A+ game

When Hull fans had these restrictions enforced upon them they joined forces with Huddersfield fans and demonstated that the 2 sets of fans could stand by side. I think they walked from the Town Hall to the ground together.

Personally I wouldn't miss this fixture no matter what, but for those who want to go but don't bother because of the restrictions, why not arrange something similar?

• Moderation Lead

Bumley was a cat A+ game as it will be this season and is priced at £32 again

For some reason Leeds are the other A+ game

Charging them loads for tickets as they bring a good following, therefore maximising revenue.

When Hull fans had these restrictions enforced upon them they joined forces with Huddersfield fans and demonstated that the 2 sets of fans could stand by side. I think they walked from the Town Hall to the ground together.

Personally I wouldn't miss this fixture no matter what, but for those who want to go but don't bother because of the restrictions, why not arrange something similar?

Most Hull fans also boycotted the fixture at Huddersfield as well. I think they took barely a thousand if that in the end. Like ive said before Sheff Wed only took just over 1k to Leeds for a dinner time tv fixture, not a bubble match but ticket prices were the issue. It shows that outside of the Prem, no matter what the match if they treat people like 2nd class citizens then people will stick two fingers up, rightly so.

If Rovers and Burnley got to the play-off final at Wembley - would the police make everyone set off from Ewood/Dingledome?

If it happened, I couldn't see the Met police saying they effectively can't police an event safely.

They've hosted Manchester, Sheffield and North London derbies at Wembley without anything like the fuss Lancs police make about a second division game in front of 15-20k fans.

• Moderation Lead

The Man Utd effect for the Championship. No wonder the plastics get ticked off is it?

An hour away on the train, so all in all it's a £50 day out (without factoring in refreshments obviously!!)

I've not read through all of these pages.

My reason is "None of the above":

I don't drive; I live in Greater Manchester [whatever THAT is!] and would probably have had to have left home either on Friday night or at a ridiculously early hour on Saturday to get to Ewood - I'm not even sure if I could get there soon enough by public transport from here to there in time to be on the coaches.

I'm lucky, though; I'm old enough to have visited Turd Moor in the good old days when we brought 3 points home!

• 3 months later...

Interesting development in the North East.

Different from our Derby, where I suspect that both clubs involved here want to have the restrictions in place, but both NUFC and SFC want to have the game when they choose, or at least when SKY choose. They are saying that the police reckon they have no control over the kick off time, and have called their bluff.

Interesting part to us is the release of mandatory official travel to the games for away Sunderland fans, while still maintaining the free buses for those that want it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140107/statement-from-newcastle-and-sunderland_2281670_3608446

I'm lucky, though; I'm old enough to have visited Turd Moor in the good old days when we brought 3 points home!

Me too, but in this case I'm talking about the 1960 FA cup tie where we came back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 and won the replay at Ewood. Both crowds of 50,00 plus with no bother, and the best 2 games I've ever seen. Not quite true, though, as being a skinny little 15 year old I only saw the ball when it was up in the air from a packed Riverside. Nearly got crushed to death out side the turnstiles trying to get in a and probably would have been had my dad's super strong arms not stopped me from going under! If I was a youngster again today, nothing would stop me going to Turf Moor, but I really feel for all those who won't be making it because of the stupid arrangements due to Plod's laziness, over- jealous methods or whatever other valid reason. A big shame.

Me too, but in this case I'm talking about the 1960 FA cup tie where we came back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 and won the replay at Ewood.

Stopped em doing the 'double' that year in most peoples opinions. Bloody glad too cos they'd still be dining out on it.

Strange that an achievement like that harmed BRFC more than actually losing that match in the fullness of time isn't it? Daft as it sounds we'd have been better served by losing in the semi's.

Interesting development in the North East.

Different from our Derby, where I suspect that both clubs involved here want to have the restrictions in place, but both NUFC and SFC want to have the game when they choose, or at least when SKY choose. They are saying that the police reckon they have no control over the kick off time, and have called their bluff.

Interesting part to us is the release of mandatory official travel to the games for away Sunderland fans, while still maintaining the free buses for those that want it.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140107/statement-from-newcastle-and-sunderland_2281670_3608446

I can't understand why the police felt it necessary to deny influencing kick off times, every time you see a kick off time that been moved it either on police advice or for TV.

If the clubs have the power to say when the games kick off lets have ours at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, unless TV dictates otherwise. Getting rid of the ludicrous 12.30pm kick off time would be a start then maybe we can lift the draconian travel arrangements after that.

All credit to Newcastle and Sunderland for putting g the fans first for once.

I don't think Newcastle and Sunderland are too concerned with putting the fans first - what they want is to be able to have games kick off at 4pm on a Sunday, when they can get more revenue from a live Sky transmission.

It might be technically correct that the police cannot insist on moving kick-off times but it would be a brave club that went against their advice if they were presenting evidence of trouble at previous meetings, which they can at the Newcastle Sunderland games, and they also can for the Rovers Burnley games as well. As long as there is trouble surrounding the games we will be stuck with lunchtime kick-offs and bussing of fans.

• Backroom

I don't think Newcastle and Sunderland are too concerned with putting the fans first - what they want is to be able to have games kick off at 4pm on a Sunday, when they can get more revenue from a live Sky transmission.

It might be technically correct that the police cannot insist on moving kick-off times but it would be a brave club that went against their advice if they were presenting evidence of trouble at previous meetings, which they can at the Newcastle Sunderland games, and they also can for the Rovers Burnley games as well. As long as there is trouble surrounding the games we will be stuck with lunchtime kick-offs and bussing of fans.

Are you suggesting there's no trouble between the clubs involved in the derbies mentioned? There's certainly trouble at most Arsenal v Spurs games. And what excuse do they have for West Ham vs Millwall?

It's Lancashire Police insisting on having a training exercise every time we play Burnley. Nothing more and nothing less imo.

Are you suggesting there's no trouble between the clubs involved in the derbies mentioned? There's certainly trouble at most Arsenal v Spurs games. And what excuse do they have for West Ham vs Millwall?

It's Lancashire Police insisting on increasing the policing bill to fund their jollies. Nothing more and nothing less imo.

I don't think that you can underestimate the part BOTH set of supporters have played in relation to this.

I wonder if us and them could grow a pair and act together as one in removing the draconian measures, or some of them, that we see in place for the greatest derby of them all.

PLEASE NOTE THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS NOT A "I'M BETTER THAN YOU", IT IS TO TRY AND UNDERSTAND AND OFFER FEEDBACK TO THE CLUB/POLICE AS TO WHY FANS ARE STAYING AWAY FROM THIS FIXTURE.

The police will not be remotely interested in the result of this poll.

Trust me!

There must definitely be a case in not giving thousands of rival fans the chance to get p1ssed up before a match but I've not forgiven the jobsworths amongst the Lancashire Police who banned the decades old and traditional Bamber Bridge relegation procession.

There must definitely be a case in not giving thousands of rival fans the chance to get p1ssed up before a match but I've not forgiven the jobsworths amongst the Lancashire Police who banned the decades old and traditional Bamber Bridge relegation procession.

Did the police not also put a stop to the league cup celebration planned? I may well be dreaming on that one but it never took place.

It's Lancashire Police insisting on having a training exercise every time we play Burnley. Nothing more and nothing less imo.

THIS.

Archived