BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Financial Unfair Play (Fup)

One of the reasons it could work to our advantage with the likes of Villa and Newcastle coming down - they will have to adjust massively. They aren't prepared for the Championship, whilst Norwich/Watford etc. are.

Seems mad, knowing how close Newcastle came to being relegated the previous season they haven't taken any precautions this time round. Signing players with no relegation clauses, no thoughts towards lower income or FFP implications

He'll be playing until he drops dead on that wage!

Haha, well spotted sir!

If they still managed to get hit with a FFP ban with players only earning that much, what are they doing with the rest of the money they have!

Seems mad, knowing how close Newcastle came to being relegated the previous season they haven't taken any precautions this time round. Signing players with no relegation clauses, no thoughts towards lower income or FUP implications

Haha, well spotted sir!

If they still managed to get hit with a FUP ban with players only earning that much, what are they doing with the rest of the money they have!

It shows how arrogant they are. Their fans probably would have protested if they heard players had relegation clauses in their contracts. Such a GIGANTIC club playing in one of the legendary cathedrals of World Football. Such clubs do not get relegated...

....erm except when they last did.

Would you have called it by those other initials had it been introduced in 1991?

Edited by VinjayV4

• Moderation Lead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/11/newcastle-would-have-to-pay-jonjo-shelvey-80000-a-week-in-the-ch/

The Geordies face to prospect of paying players like Shelvey huge wages should they be relegated as they didn't put any relegation clauses in the contracts.

Not sure what the parachute payments are these days but if they screw up promotion at the first time of asking, FFP would surely come along and bite them.

That article also states Scott Parker was on £75k (*Edit - Cheers DE) per week at Fulham last season, no surprise to see them get hit with a FFP ban with players earning that much.

Loads of them will end up out on loan imo.

• Backroom

Haha, well spotted sir!

If they still managed to get hit with a FFP ban with players only earning that much, what are they doing with the rest of the money they have!

A statue of Michael Jackson the size of a skyscraper, perhaps.

In all seriousness, no wonder Parker has stayed at Fulham. I doubt he'd even get half of £75k a week at his age anywhere else.

Leicester's financial loopholes. (as first discussed when I saw David Conn at a "Blizzard Event" September 2015.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

If only Venkys had their foresight.

Or any foresight.

Leicester is just a freak example anyway. By the way I did comment recently on whether their owners had been interested in Rovers. Someone said other day they almost bought Rovers. Philipl claimed a few years back it was another Thailand group who were friends with Leicester's owners. Nixon said he couldn't remember exactly which Thai group it was as the trustees were pretty much trying to sell to anyone.

What a bizarre season. Ranieri winning a title with anyone would have been shocking enough and relegation teflon man possibly taking Sunderland down.

Maybe Rovers should ask Hector Cuper if Lambert goes. Probably win the Championship and FA Cup next season at current rate lol!

Edited by VinjayV4

Leicester's financial loopholes. (as first discussed when I saw David Conn at a "Blizzard Event" September 2015.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

If only Venkys had their foresight.

Wasn't Blizzcon by any chance was it??

The jokes write themselves, however poor.

Seems Forest are delaying their managerial appointment as the takeover bidder (owner of Olympiakos) obviously wants to hire his own man.

Forest have a 82 million debt (67 owed to the current owner) and of course have suffered FUP sanctions. People might see that and raise their hopes for something similar at Rovers.

As I was quickly reminded Al Hasawi is only one man. We have heard about Venkys moronic voting policy in the past. Would they all agree to write off the debt? Would they all finally agree to sell or just ignore new bidders as well?

Individual ownership or trustee/family ownership? I know which one worked out better for this club in the last 25 years. Of course in some cases individual ownerships have been disastrous while group/family ownership (trustees pretty much exclusive to Rovers) has been a major success.

If its one person bankrolling the club the question will be...what happens if he dies, sells, etc? The question with families, groups, etc would be potential disagreements, long term vision, etc. Either way there will be big questions.

My preferred ownership model (well aside from Jack obviously) would be someone who hates FUP, financially backs the club (not saying hundreds of millions but they would have to put something decent in at least) and practically lives at the stadium. People hate "micro managers" but that would be my model. I think the staff at Ewood need to be analysed and micro managed. After what's happened to the club with all the vultures circling in past few years its the best way to stay on guard.

Edited by VinjayV4

My preferred ownership model (well aside from Jack obviously) would be someone who hates FUP, financially backs the club (not saying hundreds of millions but they would have to put something decent in at least) and practically lives at the stadium. People hate "micro managers" but that would be my model. I think the staff at Ewood need to be analysed and micro managed. After what's happened to the club with all the vultures circling in past few years its the best way to stay on guard.

I've always liked the term "benevolent dictatorship" too and FUP certainly isn't benevolent.. This is a great quote as the exact opposite of the clowns in Pune.

Dictators aren't necessarily evil. If you look at the history of the dictatorship in the Roman Republic, for instance, you'll see it was actually considered a necessary post in the time of crisis; all beauracracy was removed in order to allow a strong benevolent leader to get things done: Sulla as an example. The strongest form of government would be a benevolent dictatorship, doing what was right for the good of everyone.

That's my ideal form of football ownership too only surpassed by the very biggest benefactors.

Edited by VinjayV4

Sunderland haven't exactly had a shortage of problems recently but being stupid enough not to insert relegation clauses in player contracts isn't one of them. If relegation teflon man had been in charge for the whole season however perhaps there would be no such stipulations!

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/sunderland-afc/latest-safc-news/revealed-why-sunderland-won-t-face-wage-bill-armageddon-of-newcastle-if-relegated-but-will-still-be-in-big-trouble-1-7853010

The Football League (under pressure from its clubs) have been urged to continue FUP investigation in regards to Leicester's activities. Leicester made a deal with a company named Trestellar to market sponsorship rights worldwide particularly with the Far East. Recent accounts state that the main sponsorships were sold back to Kingpower.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/14/football-league-inquiry-leicester-city-marketing-deal

Sports Direct are now paying for "advertising and promotional services" at Newcastle United. Of course we know who owns both and its also an indication that Ashley isn't likely to leave anytime soon.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/04/breaking-news-sports-direct-will-now-pay-advertising-newcastle-united/

Edited by VinjayV4

• Backroom

Despite Villa being an absolute shambles of a club, someone, somewhere was switched on enough to stick 50% pay cuts in the event of relegation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3547698/Aston-Villa-players-whopping-50-cent-pay-drop-Premier-League-relegation-stay-club.html

Should help a little bit with FFP.

Considering they're the 8th highest paid squad in the Prem I'm not surprised there are some clauses inserted - a lot of them will still be on stupid amounts even with 50% taken off. I wonder how much Rudy is on?

Considering they're the 8th highest paid squad in the Prem I'm not surprised there are some clauses inserted - a lot of them will still be on stupid amounts even with 50% taken off. I wonder how much Rudy is on?

8th highest. Ok maybe not then.

I take back what i said about someone being switched on.

it's going to take some serious adjustments in the championship for these lot. Unless they get straight back up, another FFP ban being handed out.

I've always liked the term "benevolent dictatorship" too and FUP certainly isn't benevolent.. This is a great quote as the exact opposite of the clowns in Pune.

Dictators aren't necessarily evil. If you look at the history of the dictatorship in the Roman Republic, for instance, you'll see it was actually considered a necessary post in the time of crisis; all beauracracy was removed in order to allow a strong benevolent leader to get things done: Sulla as an example. The strongest form of government would be a benevolent dictatorship, doing what was right for the good of everyone.

That's my ideal form of football ownership too only surpassed by the very biggest benefactors.

Now if Brutus and Cassius were from Shad.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Bournemouth hit with £7.6m fine for breaching FFP rules when getting promoted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

You've got to imagine that Middlesbrough and Derby will be getting similar fines.....

If you look at this in context- a £7.6m fine for breaching the rules, when they earned way more than that for getting promoted. If a club that missed out on promotion were to challenge the level of the fine, I daresay they'd have a decent case.....

• Like 1