BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nzonzi Ban- Halsey Says He Was Told To Lie

philipl

Rovers and that cheat Shawcross, you could almost guarantee it. To be honest N'Zonzi did what I bet every single player in the league has wanted to do when being "marked" by Stoke's Tight-head Prop who keeps inexplicably finding himself playing the wrong sport. Thank god refs seem to be finally clamping down on that blatant cheating.

In terms of the did see it, didn't see it whole messy fiasco. Why don't they just make it so that the FA can review all red card or potential red card decisions but can't review anything else. The current rule is pretty daft and asking for this kind of trouble. In this instance the FA simply got themselves out of pickle where they'd have been embarassed and cooped flack if N'Zonzi hadn't been punished.

Anyone else feel that there's a FIFAesque scandal waiting to explode, but there are many legal blocks like super injunctions preventing the truth coming out? Our legal system really does seem to protect the rich and powerful at the expense of society if various logical conspiracy theories about our plight turn out to hold some weight.

Rovers and that cheat Shawcross, you could almost guarantee it. To be honest N'Zonzi did what I bet every single player in the league has wanted to do when being "marked" by Stoke's Tight-head Prop who keeps inexplicably finding himself playing the wrong sport. Thank god refs seem to be finally clamping down on that blatant cheating.

In terms of the did see it, didn't see it whole messy fiasco. Why don't they just make it so that the FA can review all red card or potential red card decisions but can't review anything else. The current rule is pretty daft and asking for this kind of trouble. In this instance the FA simply got themselves out of pickle where they'd have been embarassed and cooped flack if N'Zonzi hadn't been punished.

Why not make it that the referee rather than the FA can have a post game look at red card issues (or mistaken identity) - if a manager lodges an appeal during or after the game? The only issue is supposed to be that the referee can only give what he sees, rather than any suggestion he is cheating. The FA should not be involved at all really.

The wider issue though is that the more you involve cameras the more the TV companies take hold of football. Personally I'd like to see the TV companies not allowed to have any stake in any betting companies - let alone have their own. It's not too far a stretch to see football become a sport where the outcome is virtually designed by TV for entertainment and gambling purposes (if it isn't already).

Do we know why Halsey alleged that he was asked to turn a blind eye? Reputations or money? Does a post game red card pay out for a red card bet?

I would take Halseys comments with a large pinch of salt. He has a real grudge against the PGMOL and his bitterness has surfaced quite a few times. He should name the people who allegedly told him to lie. Hopefully this will be taken further (to either prove or disprove) as this could open a real can of worms.

Anyone else feel that there's a FIFAesque scandal waiting to explode, but there are many legal blocks like super injunctions preventing the truth coming out? Our legal system really does seem to protect the rich and powerful at the expense of society if various logical conspiracy theories about our plight turn out to hold some weight.

Absolutely and I think it goes right from the bottom to the top. There is certainly an issue for the HMRC to investigate regarding our transfers and probably any of those involving Kentaro.

I am paranoid about every transfer now. Kentaro have links with Dafabet. Dafabet are the kit sponsors of both Rovers and Celtic, Rovers have just transferred a player from Celtic, seemingly with no fee involved. Kentaro also have had links to the the FA and the broadcasting of England away internationals.

I hope the whole thing blows up and the game collapses to be started up again from scratch. It will eventually, I am sure of that but by then Rovers will be historical, collateral damage.

I would also hope the club would seek recompense from whoever is appropriate for the period NZonzi was unavailable, presuming dark internal forces aren't at work and we are in some way complicit.

Absolutely and I think it goes right from the bottom to the top. There is certainly an issue for the HMRC to investigate regarding our transfers and probably any of those involving Kentaro.

I am paranoid about every transfer now. Kentaro have links with Dafabet. Dafabet are the kit sponsors of both Rovers and Celtic, Rovers have just transferred a player from Celtic, seemingly with no fee involved. Kentaro also have had links to the the FA and the broadcasting of England away internationals.

I hope the whole thing blows up and the game collapses to be started up again from scratch. It will eventually, I am sure of that but by then Rovers will be historical, collateral damage.

I would also hope the club would seek recompense from whoever is appropriate for the period NZonzi was unavailable, presuming dark internal forces aren't at work and we are in some way complicit.

The company that aided the securing of the sponsorships from Dafabet are not (as far as it is possible to tell from public records etc ) related to the ones who were Venky's project partners and former FA business partners .

Just seems an unfortunate coincidence with the company name

Halsey says that the referee assessor at the game wrote he got the decision on Nzonzi correct.

Don't clubs get a copy of the assessor's report so why didn't Rovers kick up an almighty stink about this incident at the time?

The row rumbles on.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/referees-chief-mike-riley-centre-8768005

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/543174/The-FA-Mark-Halsey-referees-Mike-Riley-Premier-League

http://www.sbcnews.co.uk/featurednews/2015/06/10/dafabet-nets-welsh-premier-league-sponsorship/

hasnt there been a few dodgy welsh league games of recent which have come under scrutiny ?

They also sponsor Villa , Burnley Sunderland Rovers and Celtic...big players at the moment

Halsey says that the referee assessor at the game wrote he got the decision on Nzonzi correct.

Don't clubs get a copy of the assessor's report so why didn't Rovers kick up an almighty stink about this incident at the time?

The row rumbles on.... http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/referees-chief-mike-riley-centre-8768005

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/543174/The-FA-Mark-Halsey-referees-Mike-Riley-Premier-League

It is strange. Anyone would think the owners of Rovers wanted to struggle in the Prem and get relegated. 🤑

It is strange. Anyone would think the owners of Rovers wanted to struggle in the Prem and get relegated.

Hahahaha..

.Well every decision seemed destined to deliver that end. If the V's first half season wasn't bad enough, the way they actively weakened the team after that ( unplanned) survival raised suspicions in our house, I can tell you.

I still remember Kean's confidence after the fateful Wigan game, when they finally got us down..

" I'm not going anywhere..."

You almost get the impression that if N'Zonzi hadn't been suspended, Rovers would have appealed!

The one piece of information, which I would like an answer to, and i'm trying hard to find away to get this information, which at present I have a 0000000.1% chance of getting is the additional salary Kean got.

Kean's contract may seem irrelevant, in terms of him getting just a silly contract, with silly bonuses from the loons in Pune.

However I do think its more cute than that.

Why put an addiitonal £1.6 Million salary into someone's contract which is not performance related?

Why not just add it to his basic?

Why not put it in under a performance related bonus?

Many people have silly agreements in place in contracts, which blow the mind, its not uncommon. I myself in our company, have a shareholders agreement which has many things in which covers me, and the other shareholders.

I really want to know what this payment was for, it may be nothing sinister, but it maybe the missing part of jigsaw. Either way i'd like to somehow eliminate it, or bring it into play dependent on what it relates to.

How I go about this at present, I'm unsure.

Halsey was inconsistent at best.

Under Mark Hughes I think we had a player sent off by him 5 games running.

Zurab at Anfield springs to mind.

Though he did used to train with Bolton and maybe that influenced him.

On the furore itself, Why have the if the ref saw it/ didn't see it nonsense ?

I've often wondered why the PLMO cant retrospectively charge/ ban players where the offence is obvious and punishment is necessary ?

Halsey was inconsistent at best.

Under Mark Hughes I think we had a player sent off by him 5 games running.

Zurab at Anfield springs to mind.

Though he did used to train with Bolton and maybe that influenced him.

On the furore itself, Why have the if the ref saw it/ didn't see it nonsense ?

I've often wondered why the PLMO cant retrospectively charge/ ban players where the offence is obvious and punishment is necessary ?

And because of his Bolton connections Rovers asked for him not to referee any more of their matches. The Kishanashvilli sending off was overturned on appeal as it was plainly wrong. I recall him sending Andy Todd off too.

The one piece of information, which I would like an answer to, and i'm trying hard to find away to get this information, which at present I have a 0000000.1% chance of getting is the additional salary Kean got.

Kean's contract may seem irrelevant, in terms of him getting just a silly contract, with silly bonuses from the loons in Pune.

However I do think its more cute than that.

Why put an addiitonal £1.6 Million salary into someone's contract which is not performance related?

Why not just add it to his basic?

Why not put it in under a performance related bonus?

Many people have silly agreements in place in contracts, which blow the mind, its not uncommon. I myself in our company, have a shareholders agreement which has many things in which covers me, and the other shareholders.

I really want to know what this payment was for, it may be nothing sinister, but it maybe the missing part of jigsaw. Either way i'd like to somehow eliminate it, or bring it into play dependent on what it relates to.

How I go about this at present, I'm unsure.

By missing piece of the jigsaw, is it possible that there were 2 seperate payments, basic and bonus, because they came from 2 seperate sources or am I way off?

By missing piece of the jigsaw, is it possible that there were 2 seperate payments, basic and bonus, because they came from 2 seperate sources or am I way off?

Could it have been a relegation bonus triggered by a 33/1 winner coming in?

Archived