BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Balaji Rao phone call audio

RV Blue

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just see and hear too many alternative facts and fake news around the club, that I don't just automatically believe everything I hear or read. 

Have you got proof of this fake news, please?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

The burden of proof is on the accuser. 

I am just looking for proof that the call is legit. Nobody can give it. Although some on here have stated that irrefutable evidence will be along shortly. So, lets wait and see. 

What are you waiting for? I would just make your own mind up and move on. Why do you need to keep pressing, what difference does it make really. Seems like the dog needs to drop the bone.

I am just looking for proof that the call is legit. Nobody can give it. Although some on here have stated that irrefutable evidence will be along shortly. So, lets wait and see. 

Why don't you think it's real Bigdoggstick?

YOU are the accuser in suggesting its 'fake" in the Balaji case. You have evidence its fake?

18 hours ago, Phil T said:

For those doubting it's authenticity, look for the clues that are in front of you.

1. It's completely clear that the recipient was not expecting the call. Even a good actor would seriously struggle to act so off-guard and natural.
  2. The participants accidentally talk over one another. We all do it in phone calls when there's a slight time delay. That can't be mimicked.
  3. How many Indians are called "Balaji Rao" are (unexpectedly) taking a call from their employee, "Tony Mowbray", and then proceeding to talk on first name terms, with comments that could only ever be applied to Rovers?

I tell you what and I  am not certain he will do it, but I know he reads this board. The call cost the person who made it, just short of £10. He may agree to blank his name from the bill and post it on one of the sites. It will show the time the call was made and also the number, he called. For anyone who does know already or has access to Balaji's number, that confirms it. I will check if he is prepared to do this.

Just now, 1arC said:

I tell you what and I  am not certain he will do it, but I know he reads this board. The call cost the person who made it, just short of £10. He may agree to blank his name from the bill and post it on one of the sites. It will show the time the call was made and also the number, he called. For anyone who does know already or has access to Balaji's number, that confirms it. I will check if he is prepared to do this.

Don't check and don't be pushed into anything. Someone is digging to find out who it is. Don't bite, we can all make our own minds up. I would leave it as is whatever you do don't go sharing details like phone bills, mistakes can get made and the persons name can get out.

As an older head I say drop it and let people decide there is zero to gain from proving anything.

Just now, 1arC said:

Great idea but this dog digs for a reason so let him carry on barking up trees instead ;)

Let's say I worked at Ewood as the cleaner, and I genuinely overheard a conversation between Senior and Pasha about a player's discontent with the manager. I might pass on what I heard to my mate. My mate then might iterate it on this message board. When people ask "where did you hear this from?", what should he say?

In most cases, my mate would either opt to not reveal where it came from or, if you're lucky, say "someone I know who works down at Ewood". Sounds familiar, doesn't it? From the point of view of whoever posted the information, revealing things like my name or my position at the club would be totally damaging to me.

We've heard many things like that over the years on here. The law of averages say that some humans will be genuine, and some will take advantage of that little caveat to gain attention and appear in-the-know, while knowing full-well that they are not.

Wanting proof of anything is natural, but when it comes to this message board (and others), you can't treat it like an official news line. The scenario set above is just a basic template of how a lot of stuff gets around on here. These nuggets of information are what makes this message board so popular, as well as a go-to place for journalists and fans alike.

As far as this phone call goes, spend some time to analyse the piece and put the pieces together - it's actually an interesting task to do, and as far as you're concerned, is the only way that you can determine the extent of whether it is genuine or not. Most things from the call itself should tell you that this is genuine, and that's even without YouTube-ing for what Balaji sounds like. You are not going to get proof from the sources on this message board in most cases, and you shouldn't expect to.

Just now, riverside returns said:

Bit dismayed at the harassment and agression given to the person who made the call. This person has called the number as given and has recorded the answers to the questions. Should not be pilloried for it from some who would believe it to be a hoax. Check the facts.

I don't think he believes it is a hoax, he just wants to know who made the call.

Now why would he require that information ?

Just now, yoda said:

I don't think he believes it is a hoax, he just wants to know who made the call.

Now why would he require that information ?

Surely it wouldnt be that difficult for Balaji to get a minion to just call the number back. 

I really doubt that to trace it they would get somebody to register on an unofficial board. 

Just now, Ste B said:

Surely it wouldnt be that difficult for Balaji to get a minion to just call the number back. 

I really doubt that to trace it they would get somebody to register on an unofficial board. 

I did not suggest big dogg was a Balaji minion. 

You will have more idea if big dogg is legit or not

14 minutes ago, chor808 said:

Don't check and don't be pushed into anything. Someone is digging to find out who it is. Don't bite, we can all make our own minds up. I would leave it as is whatever you do don't go sharing details like phone bills, mistakes can get made and the persons name can get out.

As an older head I say drop it and let people decide there is zero to gain from proving anything.

You are right. Doing that would prove beyond any reasonable doubt, that it was genuine, but won't show you made the call. BGS seems desperate to know who made the call, not if it is genuine or not. Form that, you have to deduce, he has an agenda, which I have to say, I already suspected, before this thread was started.

Just now, 1arC said:

You are right. Doing that would prove beyond any reasonable doubt, that it was genuine, but won't show you made the call. BGS seems desperate to know who made the call, not if it is genuine or not. Form that, you have to deduce, he has an agenda, which I have to say, I already suspected, before this thread was started.

Good choice, do nothing.

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Or I could just get a mate with a northern accent to call another Indian mate and record it. People will believe me anyway :)

What, you're suggesting someone could impersonate Balaji Rao as well as Tony Mowbray?!!!  That's just crazy...

What more proof do you need than the word of strangers using aliases who won't share with you how they know it's genuine?

I'm not sure we learn much either way...

Tinfoil hats, did I ask ONCE for the name of who made the call? To be honest giving that as evidence would be stupid and I don't even know how it would prove that the call was real? 

If the person who made the call is such a high profile member of the Venkys out campaign. Would people not recognise their voice? 

Also I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble if the call is real. So I can categorically say,the last thing I want is the name of the person who made the call. As I said a few pages back,I wouldn't even know who they are anyway. 

*he is clearly double bluffing us. That is exactly what a Venkys plant would say!*

Tinfoil hats, did I ask ONCE for the name of who made the call? To be honest giving that as evidence would be stupid and I don't even know how it would prove that the call was real? 

If the person who made the call is such a high profile member of the Venkys out campaign. Would people not recognise their voice? 

Also I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble if the call is real. So I can categorically say,the last thong I want is the name of the person who made the call. As I said a few pages back,I wouldn't even know who they are anyway. 

You are funny, there you go again digging for for more information.

Give it a break and make your own mind up.

1 hour ago, chor808 said:

How would a phone bill prove it?? Oh look it is an Indian phone number. Must be Balaji. The minimum I asked for is for someone to tell me how they know that it is real,but people can't even do that beyond saying that it is true because some one on a message board told me. 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Either believe it or don't. It doesn't bother anyone else because we all believe it. It's from people that gain nothing from lying. What is the gain from lying? Absolutely nothing. It just goes to show how easy they are to call and backs what everyone already believes. 

Who would people lie about something like this? Am,to make Venkys look bad. I read plenty of false things written about them online. I think the reality of what they have done is terrible,but some people lie and exaggerate to make them sound even worse. Which dilutes the reality of how bad owners they are,if you ask me. 

How would a phone bill prove it?? Oh look it is an Indian phone number. Must be Balaji. The minimum I asked for is for someone to tell me how they oboe that it is real,but people can't even do that beyond saying that it is true because some one on a message board told me. 

Who would people lie about something like this? Am,to make Venkys look bad. I read plenty of false things written about them online. I think the reality of what they have done is terrible,but some people lie and exaggerate to make them sound even worse. Which dilutes the reality of how bad owners they are,if you ask me. 

No one said it would read my post again, anyway great news you have made your mind up it is a fake, you can stop asking people for more and more information now. Save your fingers for the game thread.

I just find it interesting that so many people are unquestionably believing that someone just picked up the phone and called balaji rao. Particularly as one of the main complaints about the owners is how difficult they are to get in touch with. With the kicker being there is absolutely zero evidence to prove the call happened. 

Anyways,that's me done on this thread. Until the evidence is produced and I will be back to eat my words :)

Archived