BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM retires

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Away at Wolves we were 3-0 by halftime then following a Coco team talk Wolves scored 2 in the second half. The players that day won the game no thanks to liplicker.

Edit: I could not help then looking up our lineup:
Paul Robinson, Michel Salgado, Brett Emerton,Gael Givet, Christopher Samba, Phil Jones, Martin Olsson, Jermaine Jones, Steven N'Zonzi, Junior Hoilett, Jason Roberts
On the bench:
Mark Bunn, Keith Andrews, David Dunn, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Benjani, Mame Biram Diouf, Roque Santa Cruz

How the hell do you nearly get relegated with a side like that....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Simple - the manager was an incompetent @#/? bag. That's all it takes even with a good team.

A rhetorical question but thanks anyway ??

• 2 months later...

Can't deny what he did at Bolton, I used to enjoy watching Campo, Davies et al stick it to the big boys on telly.

Messiah status for us is a bit of an overclaim. He took over from Ince who, in 17 games, had taken what was still largely Hughes Top 6 team into the bottom 3 by being completely hopeless, which Sam clearly wasn't. But I believe any experienced manager most likely would have saved us - we were in the bottom 3 solely because of Ince.

Amidst all the praise for him, it should also be mentioned that he gave Coco a job at the club, a bit of a Sliding Doors moment in our history.

On 7/30/2017 at 14:07, Exiled in Toronto said:

Can't deny what he did at Bolton, I used to enjoy watching Campo, Davies et al stick it to the big boys on telly.

Messiah status for us is a bit of an overclaim. He took over from Ince who, in 17 games, had taken what was still largely Hughes Top 6 team into the bottom 3 by being completely hopeless, which Sam clearly wasn't. But I believe any experienced manager most likely would have saved us - we were in the bottom 3 solely because of Ince.

Amidst all the praise for him, it should also be mentioned that he gave Coco a job at the club, a bit of a Sliding Doors moment in our history.

Not fair. He kept us up after inheriting a very difficult position from Ince - there's not many other managers available who would have been able to do that. We kicked on the season after under him and he had good plans for the team and the club until Venky's ditched him - the day he departed was possibly the "sliding doors moment" that led us to where we are now.  

Archived