BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

Chapman, Smallwood, Caddis and Samuel has all been good signings to date. Jury is out on Dack, Antonsson, Nuttal and Leutwiler. Whittingham and Gladwin a disappoitment at the moment...so Ok window IF we keep the rest and and get some steel at the back and firepower!! 

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Amazing how widely different what people would like to see today. So far I have read, full backs, centre backs, centre midfielder and strikers. In the last few posts people have wanted Players for basically every position, except a goalkeeper. 

After attending the Burnley game, we deffo need a new keeper. Some1 big enough with a presence and can also dominate and command his area. Raya is a shot stopper, end of. After watching him against burnley anything under pressure and he looked struggling. He flapped at a few and was in no mans land for the first. In this league he will get more of that.

I would like a keeper, LB, CB, Winger

Just now, neophox said:

Chapman, Smallwood, Caddis and Samuel has all been good signings to date. Jury is out on Dack, Antonsson, Nuttal and Leutwiler. Whittingham and Gladwin a disappoitment at the moment...so Ok window IF we keep the rest and and some steel at the back and firepower!! 

I would swap Caddis and Dack in your post. Add Evans, Lenighan, Mulgrew, Conway/Bennett and Raya, I would say that's a decent League 1 team. Big question marks still over Antonsson, Whittingham and Gladwin. Whittingham didn't set any houses on fire, like Graham, versus the Stoke kids. So, probably right if we can add a "couple more"!

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Also amazing how Mowbray can say something and people can somehow twist what he is clearly saying and make it into something to worry about. It's a linguistic skill in itself. 

Maybe by saying he won't have to sell he actually means that he is Paul Seniors wife in disguise and we actually have to sell everybody. I mean, when you think about it.. 

It's not TM we don't trust, it's Venkys. He might say we won't have to sell but do you really trust the Indians to turn down a little party-fund if a bid comes in?

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Just a one year deal for a player his age says a lot, and none of it good. Doesn't sound like he had many options. 

Plus hasn't 'Arry tried signing at least 4 other central midfielders this window? Onazi, Badu and Acquah spring to mind off the top of my head. Seems he was far down the pecking order.

31 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Strange i am looking at it now on my phone, 57 mins ago definatley SP Scotland,  might be the twitter account.

It's a fake account. The real one is here.

The fake one has a capital "I" for "India" in the URL, instead of the real one which has a lowercase "l" for "lima". Amazing how you can fool people on the internet. Keep your eyes peeled folks!

4 minutes ago, Phil T said:

It's a fake account. The real one is here.

The fake one has a capital "I" for "India" in the URL, instead of the real one which has a lowercase "l" for "lima". Amazing how you can fool people on the internet. Keep your eyes peeled folks!

Transfer Deadline Day brings a whole host of these fake twitter accounts out.

I've never understood what the gain is by creating a fake account, posting fake news and being found out a couple of hours later?

In my humble opinion, at 11pm tonight if we are still in possession of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Graham, or anyone else who has been here long enough to be sold; it will be because their valuations have not been met. Not because we wanted to keep them, not because Mowbray is a man of his word, but because the offer didn't come, or wasn't substantial enough. That's it. Cash is King 

• Backroom
Just now, Doaksie said:

In my humble opinion, at 11pm tonight if we are still in possession of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Graham, or anyone else who has been here long enough to be sold; it will be because their valuations have not been met. Not because we wanted to keep them, not because Mowbray is a man of his word, but because the offer didn't come, or wasn't substantial enough. That's it. Cash is King 

Pretty much, although I'd let Graham go on a free if it would get his wages off the books. 

Archived