BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Deadline day 2017 (no unrelated chat)

4 minutes ago, renrag said:

I've often thought that someone would use that to thwart John Claret on the LET site. Sorry I'm going off topic

He is a very sad individual. Way too big an obsession with all things Rovers. Even worse, totally witless.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, renrag said:

I've often thought that someone would use that to thwart John Claret on the LET site. Sorry I'm going off topic

Someone will suss that idiot one day and give him a slap. Ruins the Rovers stories on the LT and gets away with it daily.

6 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

In my humble opinion, at 11pm tonight if we are still in possession of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Graham, or anyone else who has been here long enough to be sold; it will be because their valuations have not been met. Not because we wanted to keep them, not because Mowbray is a man of his word, but because the offer didn't come, or wasn't substantial enough. That's it. Cash is King 

Isn't that how transfers work? Mowbray has said as much numerous times. 

If the majority of clubs in the country still have players, it is because their valuations weren't met

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

Plus hasn't 'Arry tried signing at least 4 other central midfielders this window? Onazi, Badu and Acquah spring to mind off the top of my head. Seems he was far down the pecking order.

I'm guessing a low wage utility player who can step up from the bench if required. 

I saw some Birmingham fans talking about him being an "ex-captain" and a great singing because they needed a leader! They're in for a bit of a surprise.

18 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

In my humble opinion, at 11pm tonight if we are still in possession of Lenihan, Mulgrew, Graham, or anyone else who has been here long enough to be sold; it will be because their valuations have not been met. Not because we wanted to keep them, not because Mowbray is a man of his word, but because the offer didn't come, or wasn't substantial enough. That's it. Cash is King 

Or just Maybe Tony  Mowbray really does have the final decision, and maybe the accountants who descended on Ewood  did tell the Rao's that Promotion was necessary so the purse strings were loosened. Still that would not fit some peoples agenda now would it.

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

TRANSFER NEWS ?️ Apparently @Rovers have had a bid accepted for @MotherwellFC defender Ben Heneghan - More to follow [Source: @SkySports] https://t.co/h4OYMom98F

I think they've got it from the fake Sky Sports Scotland account. There's absolutely nothing on legitimate Sky Sports accounts referring to a bid being accepted.

Just now, Phil T said:

I think they've got it from the fake Sky Sports Scotland account. There's absolutely nothing on legitimate Sky Sports accounts referring to a bid being accepted.

? you'd have thought that the guy running that page would click the account and see it has 2 followers before tweeting that.

3 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Or just Maybe Tony  Mowbray really does have the final decision, and maybe the accountants who descended on Ewood  did tell the Rao's that Promotion was necessary so the purse strings were loosened. Still that would not fit some peoples agenda now would it.

That's the terrifying part. Those clowns probably needed to be told that selling good players and replacing them with frees and loans will not lead to long term success or financial gain. 

3 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Bowyer once had the final decision, then they got bored of allowing him to do his job so pulled the shutters down, ceased communications, refused to meet with him, sold Tom Cairney without even having the decency to tell him and then finally sacked him through their shadow director.

Whatever Mowbray has been given or promised to have been given there's a fair chance they won't stay true to their word and will spoil it all in due course.

They've ignored the advice of countless professionals over the last 7 years and poured £100,000,000 down the drain so I'm doubtful in the extreme that they're suddenly so concerned about money that they're going to change their ways on an accountants advice. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Bowyer once had the final decision, then they got bored of allowing him to do his job so pulled the shutters down, ceased communications, refused to meet with him, sold Tom Cairney without even having the decency to tell him and then finally sacked him through their shadow director.

Whatever Mowbray has been given or promised to have been given there's a fair chance they won't stay true to their word and will spoil it all in due course.

They've ignored the advice of countless professionals over the last 7 years and poured £100,000,000 down the drain so I'm doubtful in the extreme that they're suddenly so concerned about money that they're going to change their ways on an accountants advice. 

Could be on the BOI accountants advice, anyway back to transfers eh.

14 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Why is it the fans the one with the agenda? Surely the agenda-driven ones are the people that have sucked the club dry over 7 years.

Still, admitting that would not fit some peoples agenda now would it.

"Back to transfers, eh".....

...a subject completely unrelated to owners, agents or a board of executives......some say.

27 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Yes, the fan who starts his post with 'In my humble opinion...' has an agenda to push. Is wanting the best for your club an agenda? Is seeing what is right in front of your eyes an agenda? 

Do you honestly think that KPMG and Deloitte advised Venky's to spend MORE money. And Venky's listened?!? 

Can't wait for all these signings tonight. 

29 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Ben Heneghan is travelling down to Blackburn for a medical & discuss personal terms after a bid was accepted for the defender #BRFC #Rovers https://t.co/0xCvGJcHyC

This account is usually on the ball.

I hope this is true. Work with 2 motherwell fans and they are gutted if he leaves. Not the finished article by any means but very good potential and will develope in league one.

Archived