SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cole has played on the wing as well up front. Abit like Antonsson. 

What happened if Graham and Samuel got injury? Then Nuttall or Antonsson would be main man. So why I prefer another striker in. 

what if raya and leutwieller both get injured at the same time? shall we sign a new gk just in case?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15800619._It_is_about_bringing_in_more_talent_and_not_selling____Tony_Mowbray_on_Rovers__January_transfer_window_plans/?ref=mac

Mogga on transfers. Sharpe keeps mentioning Bell as one of the players we've put a bid in for so it's likely he's one. A winger also mentioned as a priority, and nobody is being sold who Mogga doesn't want to sell. Sounds positive.

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15800619._It_is_about_bringing_in_more_talent_and_not_selling____Tony_Mowbray_on_Rovers__January_transfer_window_plans/?ref=mac

Mogga on transfers. Sharpe keeps mentioning Bell as one of the players we've put a bid in for so it's likely he's one. A winger also mentioned as a priority, and nobody is being sold who Mogga doesn't want to sell. Sounds positive.

Fingers crossed but the mantra about selling has been all said before, although this summer appeared to be true for once.

Just now, philipl said:

That says Bell and a winger are subject to offers already submitted by Rovers.

Doesn't look like Devante Cole is being offered for by my reading.

'One player linked with a move to Ewood Park is Fleetwood Town full-back Amari’i Bell while a winger is on the priority list for Rovers before the window closes on January 31'

It doesn't say they're subject to offers, just that we've been linked with Bell and that Mowbray also wants a winger. Sharpe, of course, may know the identity of the players and he's letting people know.

21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

'One player linked with a move to Ewood Park is Fleetwood Town full-back Amari’i Bell while a winger is on the priority list for Rovers before the window closes on January 31'

It doesn't say they're subject to offers, just that we've been linked with Bell and that Mowbray also wants a winger. Sharpe, of course, may know the identity of the players and he's letting people know.

"ROVERS have cash bids on the table for two players with Tony Mowbray looking to do some early business as the January transfer window opens today."

Are you besties with Vinjay by any chance?

34 minutes ago, philipl said:

"ROVERS have cash bids on the table for two players with Tony Mowbray looking to do some early business as the January transfer window opens today."

Are you besties with Vinjay by any chance?

Yeah, they have cash bids in for two players. Nowhere does it say those two players are Bell and a winger as you stated earlier. Are you struggling with basic comprehension by any chance?

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Yeah, they have cash bids in for two players. Nowhere does it say those two players are Bell and a winger as you stated earlier. Are you struggling with basic comprehension by any chance?

Care to read your own quotation again?

But if you want it in simplest English:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/12/30/por-blackburn-bid-for-fleetwoods-bell/

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Speculation. Not fact. You seem to struggle telling the difference between the two.

Yes I am speculating Rich Sharpe of the LT has spoken with Tony Mowbray before he describes at length what he is doing and thinking.

19 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Speculation. Not fact. You seem to struggle telling the difference between the two.

Why not leave the links to Chaddy if its going to have you wound up like a cuckoo clock in 2018 blueboy3333?

I'm only thinking about you :wub:

Just now, Gav said:

Why not leave the links to Chaddy if its going to have you wound up like a cuckoo clock in 2018 blueboy3333?

I'm only thinking about you :wub:

Just replying in kind. Do try and keep up with the thread Gav or you'll only confuse yourself and start ranting again.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Just replying in kind. Do try and keep up with the thread Gav or you'll only confuse yourself and start ranting again.

I'm only thinking of you blueboy, and lets be honest, Chaddy links have always been much better received, despite your hostile takeover attempts.

You need to reinvent yourself, how about Fifes reserve on the posting pictures front :P

Anyway back to transfers, i'd have a bid in for Chapman even if lads on one leg, well worth a punt if the price is right.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I'm only thinking of you blueboy, and lets be honest, Chaddy links have always been much better received, despite your hostile takeover attempts.

'Napoleon complex' is a theorized condition occurring in people of short stature. It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behaviour, and carries the implication that such behaviour is compensatory for the subject's stature.

Here's wishing you a more relaxed and less angry 2018.

Anyway, back to the transfers, we digress etc.

Archived