BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Undersoil Heating

If this is true then it really could be indicative of what the future holds for us. If yesterday's game would have been called off it would have resulted in a big loss of earnings as Sky wouldn't have paid, countless tickets returned, food waste, programmes potentially binned and police costs to name a few things. Clearly this went over the heads of Pasha, Cheston or any other of the lunatics running the asylum.

If they really are at the point where they are refusing to pay for the maintenance of the club's facilities then it really is baffling as to why they are clinging on.

I was listening to Radio 5 last night and a Hull City fan phoned in to complain about the club's owners.

He said "We don't want to be another Blackburn" The studio pundits agreed - "No that would be awful".

I think everybody just takes it for granted that we are a hopeless case and beyond saving.

From my seat in the BBE i can see that a staircase has been erected into the side of the Riverside , i am assuming that its some form of entry point for the cameramen who now operate from there , the staircase appears to be supported by what looks like 2 wooden crates ( i kid you not ) a doorway has been cut into the roof on the Riveside allowing entry , if that doorway is straight than i will be winning this years Derby whilst riding Jason Lowe , to comply with health and safety issues black and yellow tape has been stuck around said doorway ..... its the most amateurish thing i have ever seen at a football ground

I dunno, Mike Cheston and Owen Coyle are the most amateur things I've seen at a football ground.

Come now gentlemen, please. What about these two?

Balaji+Rao+Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Bla

I forgot they had actually been to Ewood

Barry has forgotten he owns the club never mind visited and the other is so confused he wears his shoes on his hands most of the time. I doubt either can remember as far back as 2016 in all fairness.

Come now gentlemen, please. What about these two?

Balaji+Rao+Wolverhampton+Wanderers+v+Bla

They must have aged a bit since then it was that long ago the Indian Del boy and Rodney could probably turn up now and no one would recognise them anyway.

Aren't there rules requiring functioning undersoil heating?

Only in the Premier League, Football League regulations are frost covers or undersoil heating

27.4 Each Home Club shall provide full pitch frost covers and/or under soil heating (the specification of which shall meet the reasonable satisfaction of The League) which shall be operated to the extent necessary to procure, so far as it is reasonably possible, that the pitch is playable on the occasion of each match. A breach of this requirement which results in the postponement or abandonment of a match shall be dealt with in accordance with Regulation 28, and not Regulation 8.4.

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix1.aspx

I always remebember about 6 years ago , I was working in Aldershit and our yard is next to their footy ground and heavy snow was forcast .They lit two "picket" line braziers on the pitch . The snow was about 2 foot deep and amisdt a blizzard and there was no way it would go ahead and the beeb said aldershite officials says its doubtful and a pitch inspection was needed ...

I believe the required part has been delivered to Ewood and installed and the undersoil heating is now back in working order.

Was there any truth in the rumours about Venkys refusing to pay for the repair?

Was there any truth in the rumours about Venkys refusing to pay for the repair?

Don't think so. Story I heard was a new part was needed but they didn't realise until late that this had to be manufactured abroad and so there was a period of time whilst waiting when the heating was out of action. Hence having to get some frost sheets to ensure the Newcastle game wasn't at risk of postponement.

Don't think so. Story I heard was a new part was needed but they didn't realise until late that this had to be manufactured abroad and so there was a period of time whilst waiting when the heating was out of action. Hence having to get some frost sheets to ensure the Newcastle game wasn't at risk of postponement.

Ok cheers for the information.

Heard similar,problem is all the guys who fitted and maintained system have all retired,and the maintainence now taking over by local plumber who does all Ewood,took a while to identify the fault and does indeed need new part,also believe the frost covers cost £18,000,last year they hired covers from Lancs cricket club,let's hope it's mended soon as it's going to get very cold..

Any critical parts or components with a long lead time should always be stored on site, amateurs.

Archived