BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Rovers try to buy any of the loan signings?

Loan signings - buy or bye?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rovers try to buy Roque Santa Cruz?

2. 2. Should Rovers try to buy Jermaine Jones

3. 3. Should Rovers try to buy M B Diouf

RSC - Rumours Keano wants him to stay.....Is he worth it?

Should we look for some younger talent? Someone who will command smaller wages?

Would you take a punt on him or is he past it & has he lost the desire?

Jones - Been one of our best performers since he came in, took a couple of games to get up to speed but been one of the better players in the last couple of weeks

Mame - Hit & Miss.....better games to goal ratio than Roberts, RSC etc but is that enough? He's still young, has abit of pace but is abit erratic.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who voted for Diouf? He's absolute bobbins. Can't finish but has no other redeeming qualities beyond pace.

It's very sad what happened to RSC but he must be let go.

Jones I always thought would be a great asset once he adjusts to the pace of the game. Worth keeping and we should shop Grella & Andrews to pay for him. JJ and Nzonzi are good options to have at CDM.

Just JJ for me..rumour has it he wants to stay so we should pull out all the stops to grab him.

Diouff...no thanks.

Roque..probably not,unless City want shut on a free and we can get wages linked to appearances and goals which I can't see happening tbh so we should really send him back.

JJ yes, without a doubt.

Mame, no.

Roque... I voted yes... as my heart says he can still do something with a good pre season to gain full fitness. ALthough I concede i'm letting my heart rule my head, I appreciate there's a MUCH better chance he's just past it and will never redeem his form. Would have to be on a pay as play deal, and a cut transfer price.

JJ yes, without a doubt.

Mame, no.

Roque... I voted yes... as my heart says he can still do something with a good pre season to gain full fitness. ALthough I concede i'm letting my heart rule my head, I appreciate there's a MUCH better chance he's just past it and will never redeem his form. Would have to be on a pay as play deal, and a cut transfer price.

But he wouldn't be. He is our top earner now. And will be if we sign him. No player would drop from around 90k p/w to pay as you play. He is not a risk free gamble!

Guest roverite1991

RSC - No. As much as I loved him in the Hughes era, he's gone lazy and we can't have that. As bad as Benni if he doesn't buck up his ideas.

MBD - I voted yes, because he could be a cheap replacement (like-for-like) for Roberts and he's still pretty young. I have more faith in him to put chances away than Roberts too (whether that is a reasonable belief or otherwise).

JJ - Hell yeah. He's like Savage in the tackle, Reidy on the run and the Dunn of old with some of his final third passes. Would be an excellent buy, but whether we could do that is another matter.

Jones - Can't ask anymore of this guy. If he isn't worth signing, then who is? Whether he'll be in our price-range come the summer is another matter. Could come down to his willingness to stay.

Roque - Wasn't keen on him coming back but thought it could work out. Unfortunately, either injuries have token their toll or he's lost his zest for the game. Probably a bit of both. Can't justify signing him based on that and his massive wages.

Diouf - Nope. Headless chicken and hardly prolific in front of goal. I bet Fergie would want a pretty penny for him as well, since he's from the United stock.

Tricky one, largely depends on the fees.

Jones has been the best performer, but he was largely sent out on loan off the back of a serious injury to see if he still had it (also fell out with the manager, I know). This raises two issues. As he has performed well will his club want to sell? Possibly not, or could well be the most expensive of the three to sign.

We've also already had a prviously injury prone player bought in from Germany have a good season with us, things went a bit down hill from there - which brings us to

Santa Cruz, probably the most disapointing performer of the three. Looks as though his fitness has gone. However, city want rid and he reportedly wants to be here. So, if the fee and wages are right he might be worth a gamble. Get decent pre season behind him and a short-ish term contract with plenty of incentives and we might just see the player we know he can be. As I said, a gamble. Not sure about that one.

Diouf is an enigma - he looks like he has plenty of promise but will he develop into a Man U starting player? probably not. Will they then sell? Probably, for the right price. Depends entirely on the money. The owners do seem to favour promising youngsters though, so its a possibility.

Jones has been top notch the last few weeks and seems to care. He was absolutely shattered yesterday after running himself into the ground and was one of the last players to leave after celebrating with the fans.

We should definitely try to sign him.

Jermaine Jones has been excellent since joining in January and would definitely want him to sign permanently. If we could get another midfielder to go with him and challenge N'Zonzi, we would have a very good midfield with the likes of Olsson, Hoillet and Rochina adding pace and creativity to this part of the team.

Archived