BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Russians are starting to climb the medal table.

I know I'm getting a bit worried.....Isinbayeva is quality but I didn't want her to win this time.....let's just hope we get some more in canoeing, bmx-ing? and boxing.

That guy from Grenada winning their first ever medal was a great spectacle as well.

I'm watching my first ever women's football match at the moment.....Canada 3 - 3 USA in extra time.

That was a good game....some slide tackles as well and I heard they didn't really happen in women's football.....last minute winner was cruel but it was a nice goal and the scorer Alex Morgan is very attractive as well.

Canada will get a chance for retribution tomorrow when the women play again at basketball.

USA have just scored in the 121st minute to beat Canada 4-3 to go into the womens footy final.

Shouldn't have even gone to extra time as USA got a very very harsh pen.

I felt real bad for Canada, USA got a pk on an alleged handball on a free kick, free kick was inside the box... you don't see that often IF I'm not mistaken about this. Was gutted for the poor Canada girls.

http://women.soccerway.com/matches/2012/08/06/world/olympics-women/canada/united-states/1281794/

Stats on the game.

USA have just scored in the 121st minute to beat Canada 4-3 to go into the womens footy final.

Shouldn't have even gone to extra time as USA got a very very harsh pen.

The penalty was less harsh than the preceding indirect kick, in my opinion. That said, two half handballs don't exactly add up to a whole one.

All things considered though, that was a CRACKING DISPLAY of ladies footy.

One for Jim thanks to @BBCSporf:

Doctors in Australia discover "Olympic finger". Said to be caused by repeated scrolling down to see Australia's medal tally.

Chortle !

I must say I enjoyed watching the equestrian team yesterday. These games are going so well even the posh people are joining in the fun. Hopefully the Brownlees will deliver today after the failure of Jenkins in the women's triathlon.

Right guys, you are all gonna know who the Brownlee brothers are today. Prediction is a gold and silver in men's triathlon with a real possibility they will cross the line together.

Really looking forward to this after the women's race at the weekend. People seem to be really positive about our chances, fingers crossed they come through.

Really looking forward to this after the women's race at the weekend. People seem to be really positive about our chances, fingers crossed they come through.

They win races for fun internationally, but the Olympics have different rules bring in drafting and teams which would be the only reason for no gold. Be interesting to see the tactics by others.

In the velodrome we have WHEELY good chance of 3 holds this evening...

One for Jim thanks to @BBCSporf:

Doctors in Australia discover "Olympic finger". Said to be caused by repeated scrolling down to see Australia's medal tally.

Beta, congratulations on Team GB to date.

There are three things that I can guarantee will happen from now on.

1. You will experience a let down at the completion of these games. If you don't feel this, then you haven't been involved.

2. You (or some of you) will experience a sense of guilt. ( I won't explain now, but maybe some media will highlight it over the next few weeks).

3. You are about to find out the actual results of success, in that many of your successful coaches and administrators will be poached. As an excercise, try and find out how many Australian coaches are now based in other countries. I'll start you off with the Chinese swimmer Ye, her coach is an Aussie.

Good coaches, as well as sportspeople are tempted by the mighty dollar.

How do I know all the above? We've been there, and done that.

The last thing that you need to do is to ensure that the infrastructure that has been put in place is not wasted like Athens and Beijing.

Finally a quote from RLS:

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. ”

All sport is international now; the best coaches will work for whoever offers them the most money. Athetes will travel to train and live where the best facilities and coaches are based. Team GB will kick on from the success of London as long as government provides the money. Cameron will have seen at the Olympics the great uplift the country gets from success at sport. Unfortunately the record so far of his government does not look promising for the future of sport in this country

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/schoolsports/8076966/London-2012-Olympics-Government-accused-of-devastating-legacy-with-school-spending-cuts.html.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jan/07/school-sports-cuts-olympic-tessa-jowell

Loads of the Team GB coaches came from overseas anyway. Also, on the cycling the other day they had one of the former GB coaches, who sounded Australian and is now trying to do the same thing with the US team.

2. You (or some of you) will experience a sense of guilt. ( I won't explain now, but maybe some media will highlight it over the next few weeks).

What? You can't just leave that hanging there. Why don't you highlight it right now rather than leave it to "some media"?

The Cavendish effect is spreading right through Team GB. Athletes failing to qualify or failing to medal in sport after sport today all with various excuses. These athletes have had 7 years to prepare for their home Olympics, a once-in-a-lifetime chance to grab their moment of glory yet they are just not good enough. The Sun had a plaintiff front page headline this morning desperately appealing for a GB gold - at this rate we are not going to get any.

Gold in Team Dressage has just secured our 20th Gold medal and is our most successful Olympics (with 5 days still left) since 1908 (were we had 1/3rd of total athlete count).

I personally felt Beijing would be hard to emulate, but we have smashed it to pieces. The good thing is we have lots of area's in which we can improve in....

Archived