BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

So the deal hinges on finding a replacement for a player training on his own and not being played.

On the wages he's being paid to do nowt, there must be plenty of willing candidates.

Oh go on then, I'll be the replacement, where do I sign? wink.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly he isnt being paid as he refuses to play for the club

secondly

"all Sparky had to do was make it known that he had "virtually given up on signing Savage" and it brought you scampering back to the table. The fact is we've played City like a fiddle from the start; it's a bit late to start trying to save face now. "

slight difference as your club is stumping up the £ 3 million for savage in one big sum, nothing to do with blackburn dictating negotiations, if i remember u only offered us £500k plus the rest in installments over 5 yrs,

and finally you make out as if he is a world class player when he aint, just a 30 yr old who is coming to the end of his career, you dont see any other clubs coming in for him even though he has handed in a transfer request

remember andy cole & dwight yorke both aging world class players who were being paid silly money each week, this reminds me of savage, cos your geting him on a 4yr contract worth £30k a week,

imagine ferguson and savage playing in the centre of midfield, both arguebly plaing for the worst international countries this side of the world, what a combination !!!

like i said no bluenoses want him back and we really want him to leave now as there is better midfielders in this country who can actually pass the ball forward instead of backwards and not have to run around a pitch like a headless chicken to control the midfield

I really hope you sign him cos if you struggling to score goals now then you aint seen anything yet

Edited by Izzitnot

I been to blackburn 2x over the last 2 seasons to watch my team play

initially i thought you had a nice ground and pleasant but quite fans

on the pitch the only player that stood out for me was david dunn and duff who have both left your club

the only decent game i have seen from you lot was back last season when dugarry got sent off and andy cole came on and ripped us apart, but then i remember us beating u 4-0 in the cup 3 weeks later

David Dunn got your team promoted into the premiership 2x yet you seem to think he is not a good midfielder, how fickle you fans are

Edited by Izzitnot

David Dunn got us promoted '2x'? I didnt realise we were relegated 2 times. And besides, presence tho he was, DAvid Dunn spent far too much time on the physios table/pie shop floor than he did on the pitch to be classed as a reason for Blackburns success. Good player, yes, but also moody, over-weight and injury prone - as Steve Bruce seems to be finding out. Getting £5million was absurd money for him - we basically have got Savage and £2million in return for David Dunn. I wonder who came off better out of that deal...

And Duff and Dunn didnt 'leave' as such. Duff was sold, partly because of the clause in his contract, partly for the absurd amount we would get, and Dunn was sold for his falling out with Souness...

Firstly he isnt being paid as he refuses to play for the club

secondly

"all Sparky had to do was make it known that he had "virtually given up on signing Savage" and it brought you scampering back to the table. The fact is we've played City like a fiddle from the start; it's a bit late to start trying to save face now. "

slight difference as your club is stumping up the £ 3 million for savage in one big sum, nothing to do with blackburn dictating negotiations, if i remember u only offered us £500k plus the rest in installments over 5 yrs,

and finally you make out as if he is a world class player when he aint, just a 30 yr old who is coming to the end of his career, you dont see any other clubs coming in for him even though he has handed in a transfer request

remember andy cole & dwight yorke both aging world class players who were being paid silly money each week, this reminds me of savage, cos your geting him on a 4yr contract worth £30k a week,

imagine ferguson and savage playing in the centre of midfield, both arguebly plaing for the worst international countries this side of the world, what a combination !!!

like i said no bluenoses want him back and we really want him to leave now as there is better midfielders in this country who can actually pass the ball forward instead of backwards and not have to run around a pitch like a headless chicken to control the midfield

I really hope you sign him cos if you struggling to score goals now then you aint seen anything yet

Just makes me laugh how you so-called supporters of birmingham react on Savage, before he handed in his transfer request he was a hero and heartbeat of the team. Now he is the worst player in the league and plays for the shittiest country in the world, i suppose Giggs is ###### also because he plays for Wales.

Paragraph 2) So instead of paying you £3 million over a given period of time, we are now paying you £3 million, just over a slightly shorter period of time? Yeah, Steve Bruce should negotiate hostage situations. He got skills.

Paragraph 3) Hughes wants him to join Rovers, I trust Hughes' judgement. He hasn't let us down yet. For a start, he's never tried to buy Dwight Yorke from anyone.

Paragraph 4) If Yorke was an overpaid, ageing, world class player when he was here (and I would agree with everything bar the world class bit) then why did Bruce sign him?

Paragraph 5) I am imagining a Ferguson / Savage midfield. It looks pretty good in my head. By way of contrast, imagine Salif Diao and David Dunn lumbering around St Andrews like a pair of fat, lost children. Now imagine a hot knife going through butter (just to be clear, Diao / Dunn are not represented by the knife in this analogy).

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Edited by Morph

Last time I checked, the points are the most important thing in a championship. So look better!!!!

All this Savage ´thing is becoming quite boring... I Hope Rovers are prepared to buy someone else!!

Edited by Oklahoma

difference is yorke cost us FA and is only on a 1yr contract

how can u judge mark hughes when he has been at the club a matter of months

look at the goal difference in the premiership, -12, you are struggling with goals, sign of a relegation battle

You paid £500k for yorke!!

Ah yes, the relegation battlers Blackburn, who are only 1 point behind Birmingham... at least our club looks on the up, whereas Bruce seems to be okay with a bottom half finish, or using your methods of thinking, a relegation battle.

Good luck with Diao... what a squad that could be. Tiny, Diao, Morrison AND PieMan Dunn all in the same squad... shrewd millions spent there... and the Andy Johnson move was spectacularly judged. Now THAT kind of management screams a lot more like a relegation battle than goal difference.

i cant believe how much u lot hate bruce

his son plays for your club

let the football do the talking and i cant wait to play u lot in the coming months

as for yorke he cost £250k, really is pocket money for our owners who are worth around £350 million each

let the football do the talking and i cant wait to play u lot in the coming months

as for yorke he cost £250k, really is pocket money for our owners who are worth around £350 million each

Owners who have both recently said they want to leave Birmingham soon.

REALLY !???!

They must really hate you lot then - 40 quid a ticket (once you've paid the 40 quid "membership" fee) ...

They sell your best players, and buy garbage like Tiny and Yorke.

You'd think they'd chuck a couple of their 700 million quid at the team!!!

laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Thats logical... its like saying because Hitlers parents wernt so bad, we should have a soft spot for Adolf. Maybe its a gift I posess that I can have opinions of individual people...

We don't hate Bruce (although I don't much like him either), nor do we reserve special hatred for Birmingham City. There are many teams in the Premiership I would rather beat. I do think that this transfer business has got a bit silly, but put a lot of it down to posturing for the sake of the fans by both sides. If you are going to post on a rival message board of course you will cop for a bit of flak, it's all part of the banter. Take it with good grace, give a bit back, then advance your arguements in a reasoned manner and you will find people willing to enter into the debate. All this "I can't wait to play you lot, then you'll see" stuff comes across as trolling, which gets everyone wound up. That said, we're still going to finish above your mob. wink.gif

if you are such a big club why are you going after a 30 yr old robbie savage

surely big spending blackburn should bring in someone better

We have no delusions of grandeur whatsoever. Unlike some people from down the M6. If Savage is so poor then why was he given a new 4 year deal and why were you lot so desperate to keep him. Obviously the answer is because you are bitter which is fair enough, i'm sure we'd be peed off, you only have to read the Ferguson thread to see that. However if you expect to be taken seriously then don't post that Yorke cost you FA and then come back 5 mins later saying well 250k is nothing to you lot.

As for why we don't like Bruce. How about because the Elephant Man is one of the biggest hypocrites in football, or how about all the crap he spouted over the Yorke incident. Those are just two to mull over, there are many more reasons.

Lads lets not get so upset, you know Rovers cant compete with the likes of these big city clubs.

Heck Birmingham have won the Auto Windshield Shield.

We won the Full Members Cup......

What is it with stroppy Birmingham managers?

I remember Trevor Francis trying to take his players off the pitch at Deepdale a few years ago cos he didnt like the end they chose for penalties......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.