SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry but that previous post sounds like some of the vile fans we brummies put up with

how can u judge yourself based on achievements over a decade ago

we have beaten the filth 3 out of the last 5 games and havent lost against em yet they seem to think they are better than us

people judge teams based on their current achievements not something that happened over 10 years ago

IF u went down do u think anyone will give a s**t ?, oh look it is blackburn who won the premiership 12 yrs ago lol, you should be more worried about your premiership survival than us, look at our last 7 games compared to yours

the facts are there i am afriad

i thought it was brave to come on here and express my views but now i think it was more foolish

american: the next two games will be interesting smile.gif

roveryoyo: DJ was the buy of decade for us, cheap as chips and is accomplished in the premiership,

Kenna : he was the captain and scored some vital goals and held the line brilliantly alongside kenny

Dunnie : hardly a cast off, i remember your boards getting very bitter about his transfer, if he wasnt so injury prone then he would be in the england squad

I don't think either club (at this moment in time) can say it is better off than the other. Yes Birmingham have enjoyed a recent resurrgence - but overall the season is one of steady decline - maybe linked to the loss of your favourite loan star.

You are about to lose the midfield star of your team (Bruce's words - not mine) - and we might lose ours.

What gives me, as a Rovers fan, some heart, is that we seem to be in a period of gradual but steady improvement since Hughes took over (though our real test comes in Feb when we play the big guns). On the otherhand Bruce seems to be making some strange purchases (Yorke) - much like Souey before he left us.

Football is all about opinions - but I would rather have our squad than yours - but you do have better attacking options. Lets see where we both end up at the end of the season - I am sure we will both be fairly happy as long as it is outside the bottom three wink.gif

fair comment smile.gif

i think bruce rushed the yorke deal cos he knew forssell had a serious knee injury problem and couldnt wait until he knew for sure he would be out for the season, we had the same problem last season with dugarry which ended his top flight career and we struggled with players to link up with forssell

also we sold stern john, the 2nd laziest striker alongside yorke so we only had 2 strikers in heskey and morrison

tip : tune into sky sports news at 9.15 pm 2night for the yorke interview )

ps I would watch the last few games darren carter has played, he has suprised everyone at the club with how well he has developed at sunderland and made the step up, this lad will play for england in the nxt few yrs if he keeps improving

Edited by Izzitnot

I think your comments are fair and you make some good points.

Bottom line is Savage wants to come to Blackburn because it’s his last pay day before retirement and if a Blackburn player was behaving in the same way I think we'd all be up in arms.

This aside though the powers that be at Birmingham, (Brady, Sullivan and Gold), are a disgrace to football with the way they've dealt with this matter. If we'd tapped him up, which I think we have, why not put up or shut the **** up. Instead they conduct their business through the sun newspaper which is just amateurish for me and does the club a disservice.

I just wish someone would have asked Bruce about his defection from Palace and see what reaction they got because no doubt I my mind Brum tapped him up for that job....What goes around comes around.

All this coupled with the fact that Birmingham obviously have a bee in their bonnet about signing a crock in Dunn, a fairy in Taylor and useless lazy sod in Yorke has really soured the relationship between the two clubs which is a shame.

As for Savage as a player I think he'll do ok if his hearts really in it. I worry about his legs and how long he's got but if he plays for us like he's been playing for you over the past 2 seasons we'll all be happy up here.

By the way we've got a wonderful Spanish international winger for sale, tell Bruce its 5 million but he can have him for 3.

You never know lads he did buy Yorke laugh.gif .......

i think we can all agree their is no loyalty in football and it is all about money

Dwight yorke grrr the lad is working for villa on the sly smile.gif, he has come to send us down, I hate him !!! as does 90% of the fans, lazy filth

"gotchya....arsenal and man are @#/? because chelsea are good....gotchya "

their last decent achievement wasnt the 1st season of the premiership

all i remember about blackburn in europe is being knocked out by part time teams and watching batty punch lesaux

I can think we can all agree we can make this thread really bitchy but thats not the point is it !!!

as with the tapped up comment

our owners have publically stated that savage told em that the clubs were making unoffical approaches without even bidding for the player, like i said before there is no loyalty in the game, you offer a player £10k more a week he will jump ship

Edited by Izzitnot

ever since everton tapped him up over 18 months ago he hasnt been the same player, his consistency and work rate have been in question

Does every club trying to buy Savage get the tapped-him-up label??

laugh.gif

Also, i wonder how Birmingham actually got Steve Bruce. Wasnt he under contract at another club when he went to you lot.

Also, it must be a pretty dull club to support Birmingham. Never won anything, and never will. Pretty dire TBH. I mean, 2 best ever Brum players according to their David Brent look-a-like chairman, are Dugarry and Savage. JESUS, you must have seen some sh*t down the years

Edited by greggyk

thenodrog@ Jan 14 2005, 18:51

Well looks like the master plan is halfway to completion. Dunno why Williams didn't simply hire me when Souey departed. 

I thought we had annointed Thommo the 'captain in waiting' on the strength of that article in the FA website? ohmy.gif

Seriously though, do we have definitive news that the Nancy-boy has put pen to paper?

Edited by blue/white

ever since everton tapped him up over 18 months ago he hasnt been the same player, his consistency and work rate have been in question

Does every club trying to buy Savage get the tapped-him-up label??

laugh.gif

Also, i wonder how Birmingham actually got Steve Bruce. Wasnt he under contract at another club when he went to you lot.

Also, it must be a pretty dull club to support Birmingham. Never won anything, and never will. Pretty dire TBH. I mean, 2 best ever Brum players according to their David Brent look-a-like chairman, are Dugarry and Savage. JESUS, you must have seen some sh*t down the years

laugh.gif

No, he has actually made some very valid points and well put.

OK he had a little dig and he got a couple of big ones back.

I fell about laughing when my Everton-supporter sent me Karen Brady's riposte when Moyes bid for Savage. Guess....

"A derisory offer not worth the fax paper... " laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Perhaps she should buy a lexicon and a thesaurus for the office from the Savage transfer fee.

Just goes to show, some clubs manage to conduct themselves with refinement and style (even when Souness was the Manager) and then there's Birmingham City.

In fairness to the bluenoses, we tapped Savage up good and proper. Is anyone really going to argue we didn't? Having said that, Brum are getting £3 million for a 30 year old who doesn't want to play for them anymore, so their noses can't be too far out of joint. Hell, our captain practically tapped himself up if reports are to be believed:

"Hullo Mr Viola, could you ring Rangers and tell them I'm nae happy, the wife's nae happy, the wee bairns are nae happy, and we wannae come home. About £3 mill ought tae do the trick"

"No problem Barry, I'll get right on it"

Happens to every club. Well, maybe not Chelsea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.