SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Savage information coming out of Birmingham would tie up with the reported sighting of Savage at Brockhall today having a medical.

its about time!

Would have been good to have him in the team to face pompey.

This could be clever rovers giving it time to cool down before making a further offer. Or could mean ferguson is off (now or summer) and we want savage now!

It never ceases to amaze me why people think the player, or the clubs involved, would release a players' salary details to the press.

The press are just guessing.

Bang on.

Very rarely can you name a player's salary, especially with all the add ons bonuses and appearance money etc.

It never ceases to amaze me why people think the player, or the clubs involved, would release a players' salary details to the press. 

The press are just guessing.

Bang on.

Very rarely can you name a player's salary, especially with all the add ons bonuses and appearance money etc.

i am a player i get paid £0 + £0 bonuses and i actually have to pay £3 to play so... wink.gif

Although there is a 20% of any future transfer fee on me. My last 4 a side team did not want to let me go.

Confirmation that something would seem afoot.

Bruce has left Blackburn target Robbie Savage out of the squad for tomorrow’s trip to Charlton.

Savage has been sidelined since a New Year transfer request.

From 'The Sun'

Alan, that story is running in the Mirror this morning.

The more I see of our management team the more impressed I become (and I know that comment is going to hack off our perpetual miseries). John Williams is once again proving himself a marvel in transfer negotiations.

Gray was undoubtedly on huge wages and had been "found out" by Prem managers/coaching staff rendering him virtually unusable. Bruce has bought another Yorke off us.

For all Gray's virtues, he can be turned and left on his derriere and probably 15 out of 19 Prem clubs have players good enough to be certain of exploiting that weakness to set up at least two goal scoring chances in a game.

I would be rather surprised if the £3m "cash" figure does not include a trade of some of the more contingent elements in the Dunn deal.

Morning all.

Word on the grapevine in Birmingham - from a local radio guy that's close to the club and tends to get his facts right - is that Blues and Blackburn are very close to agreeing a fee.

Prewsumably the Gravesen to Real deal means it's in Blackburn's interests to get this moving too since Everton could scupper the deal.

Hopefully, this whole sorry saga is drawing to a close.

Hopefully, this whole sorry saga is drawing to a close.

Amen to that.

Has your source heard the rumour that Michael Gray may be Brum-bound as part of the deal ?

And after Martin Taylor and Dwight Yorke and Gray, are there any more lame ducks Steve Bruce would like to take off our hands ?

morning folks

not one to normally talk about gossip, but this comes from an excellent source.

savage WAS at brokhall yesterday. rovers expect to get him for around £3.2 million.

fergie is settled where he is, but it looks like hughes want to radically shake up the midfield and will listen to offers. souness expected with a bid in the next few days.

again - it's not gospel, but this source has not been wrong about anything in the past.

morning folks

savage WAS at brokhall yesterday. rovers expect to get him for around £3.2 million.

fergie is settled where he is, but it looks like hughes want to radically shake up the midfield and will listen to offers. souness expected with a bid in the next few days.

again - it's not gospel, but this source has not been wrong about anything in the past.

That makes a lot of sense Andy. Also good to see that Hughes is fully in control of the situation.

Let's see what happens with the Savage deal but I expect that the details are NOT released.

Now let's see,

£2.2m bid "not worth the fax paper" +

£0.5m forgiveness of the tail end of the Dunn deal +

£0.5m bargain price for a 30 yo former contracted ex-England international

= £3.2m

= saved faces for Sullivan et al at Brum +

= a shrewd piece of business for Rovers +

= some unhappy Rovers fans but what's new?

According to mirror.co.uk the Savage-deal is done with Gray leaving for Brum as part of the deal. The fee for Savage is said to be 3 million plus and that he is to be paid 25,000£ a week - a lot less than the 47,000£ that were mentioned earlier on this thread. The article also more worringly states that Ferguson _will_ move back to Rangers for 4 mill £ + Michael Ball. I pray the Savage part is true and that the Ferguson part is rubbish.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_...-name_page.html

rover.gif

Savage would be a welcome addition to the squad but I'm not sure he's worth 3 million given his age. Still think he would improve the team. Worryingly though it'd mean we would still not have many central midfielders under the age of 30, and certainly no decent ones in the early twenties. A good long term prospect would be welcome.

morning folks

That makes a lot of sense Andy. Also good to see that Hughes is fully in control of the situation.

Let's see what happens with the Savage deal but I expect that the details are NOT released.

Now let's see,

£2.2m bid "not worth the fax paper" +

£0.5m forgiveness of the tail end of the Dunn deal +

£0.5m bargain price for a 30 yo former contracted ex-England international

= £3.2m

= saved faces for Sullivan et al at Brum +

= a shrewd piece of business for Rovers +

= some unhappy Rovers fans but what's new?

I suspect your not far from the truth Phil.

One thing is for certain - when rovers go after their men - JW normally gets them & negotiates in style.

So - I wonder if Hughes doesn't rate fergie as highly as a lot of people on here? Personally, I would have loved to have seen a midfield of emerton, savage, fergie and thommo. Can't be too many teams that would have better ones than that!

I agree with you Andy- that was my hope for the future.

Into pure speculation mode here but

Sparky has seen enough in one or more of Reid, MGP, Flitty, Tugay to believe he has enough in midfield with the addition of Savage to operate without Barry, or

Sparky has some obscure midfield gem in his targets, or

Sparky is OK with a Savage for Barry swap in midfield and will use the Barry transfer money on a very decent striker, or

Your contact had simply picked up on the contingency planning in the event of a serious bid for Barry as opposed to the Rangers' joke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.