SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club according to the LET want to speak to Fergusons Agent. Cant the club speak direct to Ferguson. Does Hughes and the back room staff not speak to the Ferguson during training, he is club CAPTAIN.

No wonder there is so much disenchantment and lack of interest by supporters.

If the club staff cant communicate between themselves, whatever chance is there of the club being able to communicate with the supporters. Actually let me rephrase that whatever chance is there of the club being able to communicate with the paying public

I've been critical of Ferguson but it will be a blow if he does leave for Rangers. I would also regard Ferguson as a lesser person. He would simply be going back to the easy life he knows he'll get back up there rather than battling it out down here and proving himself in the Premiership.

Jan said ages ago that Fergie was a typical Glaswegian home-boy who will never be able to stay away from Glasgow for too long. It seems she may be right.

Perhaps the club have spoken with Barry on the transfer speculation and they now want to talk to his agent to suggest the transfer rumours end forthwith?

And, yes, if he did return to Rangers, I'd expect to get what we paid for him - if not more - given he now has Premier League experience.

HAve to agree 100% with that. I Think the media have got too wrapped on mcliesh saying he would love to have barry back, but there is a massive difference between wanting him and being able to get him.

Barry is a club captain in the best league in the world. Surely the appeal of scottish football would not be top of his i would like to do list. More the bin there done that list

I think it was a strange move in the first place for Ferguson to come to Rovers.

OK, so the Scots Premier is a two-horse race most years, but it did mean he picked up a lot of silverwear.

What did he expect to happen when he signed for little old Blackburn? Of course there was talk of qualifying for Europe and the like, but that was probably unrealistic given how Souness had knackered the team. And in any case, how satisfying would it be to qualify for the UEFA maybe, if back in Scotland they were in the Champs League every year? He was caught between a rock and a hard place because I doubt he'd get into the Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea teams.

I still don't take the Ferguson rumours seriously. There have been stories ever since he joined us and there's been no truth to them so I don't think there's any truth to it now either. But we'll keep seeing those stories as long as he's at Ewood because the media can't understand how ANYONE would EVER want to spend any time at Ewood. Doesn't matter if the other club mentioned is an equally "small fish in a big pond" as us (i.e Birmingham) or a big fish in a small pond (Rangers). Barry is also Scotland's best player, one of the best Rangers have had in the last ten years and current Scotland as well as former Rangers captain. Ofcourse there'll be talk about him in the media.

I'm not worried, I'm positive he will be here come February. What'll happen in the summer is a different matter though, but then we'll also have a bigger chance of bringing in adequate replacements.

Back to Savage....

He did not play in Brums reserve game tonight.

Either, after all the humiliating things Brum said to him they are going to forgive him rolleyes.gif and he'll be playing on Saturday.

or, Rovers have made a new bid. dry.gif

I believe mr bruce said he will start in there next game.

The whole reserves thing was done for media spin and to make a point of savage. Although it doesn't seem to have worked in that his transfer request is still in place and i still think we will return with the offer to seal the deal. Brum see the transfer window as a chance to leave savage in the pet shop window til another team offers more. If a club doesn't appear unless savage decides to stay, i suspect they will sell him to us at what we offered. However its a dangerous game for rovers to play when any team could come in and overtake them.

Radio Lancs quoted JW as saying talks with Birmingham were ongoing. This is on a Brum site so maybe the first part of this pantomime is nearly over!

Latest on Sav, Laz & Yorke

Posted by CraigCJ on 13/1/2005, 7:42 pm

User logged in as: CraigCJ

Capital Gold we're saying in the 5.00pm news that Stan's Injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he will probably only miss the game at Charlton (Id Play Clapham for this game).

They also said that Steve Bruce has told Dwight Yorke that he won't feature in the 1st team unless there are injuries and if he can find another club he is free to do so.

Tom Ross also said that Savage was not in the squad at all to face Chalton as it is thought that Blackburn are very close to agreeing a transfer fee with BCFC.

Looks like he is on his way then, Tom Ross usually gets it right with regards to news on Blues transfers.

Just spoke to my mate who does journalist work for a Birmingham website.

He said Rovers and Birmingham are now very close to agreeing a fee for Savage. He was pulled out of the reserves because he was going to be included in saturday's squad but there has now been another twist meaning that he has been pulled out of this also.

He has been offerd £47,000 a week to play at Rovers and the only possible danger now is that should Everton come on for him he would prefer to go there .

For some reason I had given up hope of Savage coming- have not even been thinking about it for a couple of days. However according to people on here a deal is near to being struck. I very much look forward to seeing a Sav-Fergie partnership.... however Everton remains a major problem as they surely will go for one of the 2 now.

He has been offerd £47,000 a week to play at Rovers and the only possible danger now is that should Everton come on for him he would prefer to go there .

What???!!!

That would surely make him the highest paid player to sign in Rovers' history? Even Cole was meant to be on *only* £45,000 pw when he signed (probably more by the time he left with annual rises).

If he is going to be paid £47,000 per week I'm appalled.

I was utterly sickened when I saw that number.

I just hope it is Birmingham talking telephone numbers to support Sullivan's ridiculous outburst which included the assertion that Savage had told them he had been offered £12k a week more at Rovers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.