BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

I think we're paying a bit too much, but if the management think we can afford it (And they know a lot more about the clubs financial situation than I do wink.gif) then I'm not complaining. I rate him highly as a player and I think he'll improve our side a lot.

And if Quashie is worth £2m then I agree that we're not getting such a bad deal wink.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can keep us in the Prem then 3mill will be a good deal... only time will tell. However it does show that the board are once again wholeheartedly backing the manager, with what for us is a big transfer fee.

I've got to say I really get sick of it when everytime a fan from another club comes on the board and people immediately jump on the whole "we're better than you! you're going down," etc etc and the thread turns into a slanging match.

I appreciate this lads account of Savage and the two clubs and do not really disagree with much of what has been said, although without Forsell I do not think our clubs are p[articularly different in standard - perhaps before the transfer window Brum were the better team but now I think that has been reversed.

I haven't bothered reading anything after the first five posts because I know exactly where this thread is going.

Edited by tcj_jones

as with the tapped up comment

our owners have publically stated that savage told em that the clubs were making unoffical approaches without even bidding for the player...

For future reference:

The owners of Birmingham City Football Club have made an allegation of illegal activity, which has not been proven in a football tribunal or a court of law.

Therefore, I ask kindly of you to stop bleating your "tapped up" comments as fact (for both the Blackburn and Everton cases).

"Nothing personal" Steve Bruce rant in the Daily Mail.

Its almost worth the £3m transfer fee just for this!

The link goes to a story about Leeds being financially shafted. rolleyes.gif I did read a bit of Bruce's comments on teletext this morning - "Bowen has an agenda against me"...the clown never ceases to astound me.

You can read more about the Bruce's comments here.

And here's a rare pro-Savage article that a Welsh journalist wrote: http://icnorthwales.icnetwork.co.uk/sport/...-name_page.html

I've got to say I really get sick of it when everytime a fan from another club comes on the board and people immediately jump on the whole "we're better than you! you're going down," etc etc and the thread turns into a slanging match.

at least its an opposition fan recieving the abuse this time. i cannot believe how much abuse some people on this board get from fellow rovers fans. unsure.gif

Shut up Andy!

Just kidding...no it's part of the board. We express opinion and in return someone has a go, its the way it works. We are united by our support of Rovers, but its also what usually divides us as it is very difficult to agree.

izzi??how do you base your "no better than you"?

we have won the premier league ,the worthy cup,been in the eufa cup,champions league and brum have been.......oh yea won nothing and live in the big birmingham clubs shadow ....walsall and villa.....oh amnd btw hope we stay up ...thats rich coming from a club 4 points in front of us with about 50 points to play for.

MAKKE THAT 1 POINT ....ARE YOU SCARED YET? tongue.gif

sorry but that previous post sounds like some of the vile fans we brummies put up with

how can u judge yourself based on achievements over a decade ago

we have beaten the filth 3 out of the last 5 games and havent lost against em yet they seem to think they are better than us

people judge teams based on their current achievements not something that happened over 10 years ago

IF u went down do u think anyone will give a s**t ?, oh look it is blackburn who won the premiership 12 yrs ago lol, you should be more worried about your premiership survival than us, look at our last 7 games compared to yours

the facts are there i am afriad

Interesting argument.

We'll not use the amount of things won, ever, in order to judge how big a club is, we'll just base it on the number of times you can beat Aston Villa.

Admittedly, birmingham should be a bigger club than The Rovers, but I don't think they are.

If the achievements, histories etc. of both clubs were to be removed from the records I think there would be more of a loss to football in general from The Rovers than from birmingham.

The 'size' of a club is often based on opinion (even the muppets down the M65 consider themselves a 'big club'.......), and is ultimately not that important anyway.

Let's just say that should he sign for The Rovers, Robbie Savage would be joining a more successful club

these illiterate fans seem to equate big club with big city,then ya they are right.

Spurs are a big club?Newcastle?Villa?BRUM haha!!When was the last time they ever won anything?do you remain a big club after a relatively dominatable period in your history?then rovers should be a big club.

But WE Never say we are.

We are happy being the small town club who has done much better than it should,is run by respectable people unlike SOME clubs,and we will take any success we get with thankful arms.

Btw,we finished 6th in the Premier League our second season back.

We won the League Cup,our first season back up.

We won the league less than 10 years ago.

So what you Brummies grasping onto? tinykit.gifthumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.