BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

Savage £3million

Gravesen £2million

if we sign that muppet we are jokers. not suggesting we could get Gravesen, just pointing out the price is £1million less and he is an infinately better player, and younger.

pleqase god keep that tosser away from ewood.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graveson could have signed a pre-contract and joined real in the summer for nowt, Savage has only just signed a 4 year contract so he is bound to cost more.

Actually, he already had signed a pre-contract. They worked out the compensation so they wouldn't have to wait. Everton would have gladly held onto him to try to make Europe if they didn't get a satisfactory offer.

Again, had the same situation been there with Savage, the fee would have been MUCH lower.

Edit: Sorry, just reread and realised you said almost the same thing!

Edited by American

my point wasnt aimed at the resaon behind the difference in cost, rather that we are in real danger of being mugged by the birmingham city board of all people.

im amazed the anti-savage camp is so small. yes he is industrious and effected, but he's also an ageing, expensive,

people on this board are getting far too excited about the winging git. we forget that for the last few years he has been little more than average in the premiership. he is currently on very good form, arguably the best from of his career.

also note birminghams recent form -> corralation. people werent shouting about savage when birmingham had failed to win for that 7 or 8 game spell. his team is playing well, and he is the heartbeat. simple as. he will fade. quickly.

£3 MILLION POUNDS...

...think about it.

Edited by CornwallRover

Savage will be a brilliant player for us, mark my words. I feel anybody who says he is average hasnt seen him in our team.

He will be the catalyst that sends us up the league, mark my words

If you think hes average, then ask yourself what team was he playing in when you formed this view, Leicester. I say no more

I certainly agree Savage is over-rated. Were people raving about him when he was at Leicester? Not really. In fact, he was just one of those anonymous/average midfielders who are respected but not admired.

The Gavin McCann type that doesn't feature on a lot of fans 'wish lists' but gets a regular game in the Prem and is a useful player.

3 million - too much for Savage at his age, but we don't know how that money is structured. It could well be a better deal than that general fee gives justice.

He'll improve our team but in two years, or even less than that, we'll be looking for a replacement.

Edited by rover6

come on jansen. his conduct in the situation has hardly been exemplary. in interviews and as a pundit he clearly come across an . but worst was his reaction to getting fouled in that wales game (opponents escape me). considering some of the challenges he makes it was an outrage. his relentless winging afterwards was pathetic.

not a bad player, but certainly not one i want in blue&white halves.

I certainly agree Savage is over-rated. Were people raving about him when he was at Leicester?

I ahve to say he is one of the most under rated players in the premiership.He doesn't get loads of praise for his footballing abilites more savagely attacked for his willingness to stick his foot in(which is what you all knock bazza for not doing). At leicester was dickov raved about? infact has any leicester player been talked about? has a rovers player been talked about.....big clubs stealing the limelight...boo boo!!! blink.gif

Savage is worth £2.5million + £500k related to apps & other clauses no more thats the very top bracket.

my point wasnt aimed at the resaon behind the difference in cost, rather that we are in real danger of being mugged by the birmingham city board of all people.

im amazed the anti-savage camp is so small. yes he is industrious and effected, but he's also an ageing, expensive,

people on this board are getting far too excited about the winging git. we forget that for the last few years he has been little more than average in the premiership. he is currently on very good form, arguably the best from of his career.

also note birminghams recent form -> corralation. people werent shouting about savage when birmingham had failed to win for that 7 or 8 game spell. his team is playing well, and he is the heartbeat. simple as. he will fade. quickly.

£3 MILLION POUNDS...

...think about it.

we cant pay top wedge no more....simple as!

Ath the end of the day savage is probs about the highest standerd we can get,we cant compete no more wth transfers records as we have done.What would you do play anunhappy captain who could spread his rottenesqe apppleness thru the squad a la sherwood or would you play a player desperate ,not to be a rover (although thats what he will be) but someone desperate to play for hughsey,who incidently is paid a lot of money to SORT HIS SQUAD out,surely you have got to trust hughsey?

3 million ....thought about it.....its not my money so if the board want to spend 3 4 5 or 100 million on a player ,i think its up to them and not down to what we think on here.

Savage is worth £2.5million + £500k related to apps & other clauses no more thats the very top bracket.

Far too much for a player that age but he really could energise the team. Him and Ferguson playing together is a very exciting prospect. To get back three million (we sure as hell wont make much back on him in two years time) he needs to play like a man posessed, but funnily enough I think he might just about justify it.

Now everybody moans how awful the Rovers team at the moment is etc. but with the lineup I think Hughes is aiming for we only really have two glaring weakness IMHO

Dickov      Stead

Pedersen    Savage  Ferguson    Emerton

McEverley  Mokeona    Todd    Niell

Friedel

And those are a real 15-20 goal forward and a decent proven leftback. I doubt we really be able to provide either on the budget we have either, unfortunately.

There are plenty of positives though: Plenty of bite in the midfield, creativity, good passing, decent wingers (if MGP cannot do it Reid and Thompson will have the chance to shine), commanding centrebacks, good keeper, reinvigorated right back and a useful scrapper up front. We are not short on strength in depth either with Reid, Thompson, Nelson, Gallagher (Great player, will be so good for us in the future), Johansson, Bothroyd, Flitcroft, Tugay on the sidelines. All these players have something to add to the club either as subs or working their way into the first team.

On balance I think the squad has a huge amount of talent.

Far too much for a player that age but he really could energise the team. Him and Ferguson playing together is a very exciting prospect. To get back three million (we sure as hell wont make much back on him in two years time) he needs to play like a man posessed, but funnily enough I think he might just about justify it.

Now everybody moans how awful the Rovers team at the moment is etc. but with the lineup I think Hughes is aiming for we only really have two glaring weakness IMHO

Dickov      Stead

Pedersen    Savage   Ferguson    Emerton

McEverley   Mokeona     Todd    Niell

Friedel

And those are a real 15-20 goal forward and a decent proven leftback. I doubt we really be able to provide either on the budget we have either, unfortunately.

There are plenty of positives though: Plenty of bite in the midfield, creativity, good passing, decent wingers (if MGP cannot do it Reid and Thompson will have the chance to shine), commanding centrebacks, good keeper, reinvigorated right back and a useful scrapper up front. We are not short on strength in depth either with Reid, Thompson, Nelson, Gallagher (Great player, will be so good for us in the future), Johansson, Bothroyd, Flitcroft, Tugay on the sidelines. All these players have something to add to the club either as subs or working their way into the first team.

On balance I think the squad has a huge amount of talent.

you would play MPG ahead of thompson?

WHat planet are you on?

Savage £3million

Gravesen £2million

if we sign that muppet we are jokers. not suggesting we could get Gravesen, just pointing out the price is £1million less and he is an infinately better player, and younger.

========================================

Thats only cause Gravesens contract has 6 months to run.

Had Savage been in the same situation,he would have cost closer to 500,000.

but we are still shelling out 3 mill for a new player no matter how long their contract is! blink.gif

Savage will prove to be a valuable player for us. Graveson would undoubtedly have been better, but I shudder to think of the wages he will be on at Real.... out of our league there I think.

Theno:  what would suggest that the gaffer is looking for a new captain?  unsure.gif

Simple. Its cos Hughes is soooo keen to sign him. Savage is not a brilliant player, he's not quick, doesn't arrive in the box and score goals, he's not a midfield playmaker and has no special abilities other than his work rate and hugely inspirational qualities.

On the other hand Fergy's performances are proving that he was significantly overvalued, his wages are probably eating away too much of Hughes budget and has been consistently linked with moves to other clubs.

Well looks like the master plan is halfway to completion. Dunno why Williams didn't simply hire me when Souey departed. wink.gif

Yes I do ................ Sparky must have been a lot cheaper. smile.gif

have to say I am pretty upset by all that has gone on with savage

and good luck blackburn for getting him

no doubt bruce has improved him by 35% since arriving from leicester, he was a loud mouth nobody and bruce turned him into a combative high work load midfielder

just a warning,

he is 30 yrs old now and his best yrs are past him, he isnt the same player he was when he first joined us, he hasnt the stamina to run around the pitch like he use to which is basically wot savage is all about, so expect him to be really quiet some games and completly useless and others where he runs around kicking everyone, he has lsot around 20% of his pace

HE publically stated for over a year that he loved the club, the fans, the manager and the area and all off a sudden it is completly the opposite, now you blackburn fans work it out

1. mark bowen spat ? [very good assistant manager that gets the players battling but has no attacking expertise ]

2. A man of no integrity that lies to people and is just greedy

3. an attention seeking immature 30 yr old that needs to be the centre of attention

4. Lets face it your not a better club than us, your league form the past few seasons is patchy, all your top quality players have left or got 2 old and u have struggled to bring in quality replacements, so is it the welsh connection, why would he join a club below us in the table with a real possibility of relegation ?

only 6 months ago he was crying about players like dunnie and heskey getting 30k per week so bruce thought it best to reward him with a £30k a week 4 yr contract for his hard work the past two years

us blues fans have been saying for the past 12 months that the squad have out grown him, he hasnt the ability to improve us technically to be honest nevertheless us brummies appreciated his work load

ever since everton tapped him up over 18 months ago he hasnt been the same player, his consistency and work rate have been in question

the truth is that savage walked into bruce's office 3 months ago crying that he wanted to leave birmingham cos he didnt want to stay anymore, and only a few weeks ago dwight dorke got savage to walk into bruce's office and write on a piece of paper concerning his transfer request

so dwight dorke has been given his marching orders as well

I think the last straw with savage and his attention seeking antic's was the re emmergance of darren carter, a brummie born lad who came straight into the team and got birmingham winning again, he has scored 3 goals in 5 odd games so savage was worrying that his place was in doubt,

so all in all please dont think i am bitter about this, i am not bitter about blackburn cos i couldnt care less, no doubt u feel the same about us, i am bitter about how savage has conducted himself and let us fans down

just keep giving him the attention he wants and he will usually play well

also read martin o'neil's biography, you will notice some strange comments about robbie savage and how he had an attention seeking problem and how immature he was

Good luck and I hope you stay up unsure.gif

Edited by Izzitnot

rover.gif

I totally understand your comments. I also cannot understand why he wants to come to Rovers so badly.

Whenever i have seen Birmingham over the last 2 seasons they have looked a very good team when Savage has played, without him you have looked a very poor team.

As for him coming to Rovers, I am pretty pleased because he seems to get the enthusiasm going of his team mates and he is not shy of the tackle.

As for Birmingham thinking they are better than Rovers, dont know about that.

Come on Robbie hopefully your debut will be against Notlob,we will need you to get the Blackburn end inspired for a derby match.

izzi??how do you base your "no better than you"?

we have won the premier league ,the worthy cup,been in the eufa cup,champions league and brum have been.......oh yea won nothing and live in the big birmingham clubs shadow ....walsall and villa.....oh amnd btw hope we stay up ...thats rich coming from a club 4 points in front of us with about 50 points to play for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.