Savage Signs

neekoy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"|_|l71|\/|473 n00b"

What on earth is one of them ?????? blink.gif

My "leet speak" is a little rusty, but I think it translates roughly as "ultimate noob". Apparently being one of these is a very bad thing indeed.

noob = newbie = new person to an online game, held in contempt by regular players as they dont now the maps/game as well as some. Me I dont mind em as at least there are some people which Im better than.

Usually people who use the word noobs are one, some or all of the following

a) 13years old

b ) spotty

c) a geek

d) a virgin

e) have no friends other than the ones he finds in chat rooms

f) only female contact he has is with his mum, sister and the digitaly altered pictures of Lara Croft

have i missed anything out?

• Backroom
Usually people who use the word noobs are one, some or all of the following

a) 13years old

b ) spotty

c) a geek

d) a virgin

e) have no friends other than the ones he finds in chat rooms

f) only female contact he has is with his mum, sister and the digitaly altered pictures of Lara Croft

have i missed anything out?

A hairy palm ? rolleyes.gif

based on every interview I have seen/heard with Savage in the last 3 years, he is one of the most avaricious people I have ever seen. Money is practically an obsession with him.

Latest news:

Robbie Savage speaks out over transfer heartbreak

Welsh star desperate to be reunited with loved ones

One of football's toughest competitors has spoken openly of his distress at his club's refusal to grant him the transfer that would allow him to be closer to his loved ones.

Birmingham City's Robbie Savage is known throughout the game as one of the Premier League's most uncompromising players but he has been reduced to a quivering wreck in recent weeks.

Based in the Midlands and forced to live miles away from a potential £35,000 a week contract in Lancashire the midfield enforcer is understood to be in a weak emotional state.

Faced with the offer from Blackburn of a large sum of money being deposited every month in his Halifax Xtra Saver account, the sensitive Savage has been reduced to tears. "I just want to be nearer to that large amount of money," he sobbed to reporters. "My bank account has been getting sicker by the day. If I can't get to its bedside soon, then I fear the worst."

Savage has been so upset by events that he requested a transfer last week. "I hope people can understand how much this means to me," he blubbed.

Counting some notes and loose change in his wallet, Robbie said: "My loved ones are very important to me."

user posted image

One Birmingham fan said: "I've measured the distance from Robbie's present bank balance to the nearest next million quid and I reckon it might be quite a way."

And Savage's own parents have pleaded for their son to be allowed to act as "the greedy sod we raised him to be. If he's near to us then we can keep a close eye on him and his currently cleared funds."

A pal of Savage said: "People should be sympathetic to Robbie. He just wants to hold his loved ones close to his chest and kiss them tenderly, like he used to do with the Birmingham badge."

user posted image

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

I find it quite funny that a lot of people are now moaning that he'd only be coming for the money. Yes he may increase his salary but lets not forget if he did end up coming to Rovers he would greatly improve the side.

If this means we'd then be able to move out someone (Though please not Ferguson) and free up some wages surely the extra points/league places we'll be able pick up with him in the side will then pay for extra in wages?!?

I really do hope he'll be playing in blue and white halves by the end of Jan and hope that Hughes & Williams are just playing the waiting game to see if we can get the price down.

smile.gif

• Backroom
Oh, and the heightism stuff was classic...

"Believe me, I get a lot of heightism remarks but you are what God made you.

"Dwight would have to be cut off at the knees for a week and I would have to walk round with a black mask to know how each of us feels."

Right.

Am I right to assume that by saying that you think that it must 'feel' worse being black than being a midget DE4life?

No... I just find the example he used ridiculous. Cutting somebody at the legs off doesn't make you shorter in height, it predominantly makes you crippled. And wearing a black mask doesn't make you black either. dry.gif I just found it an odd quote.

I wouldnt worry - he'll be back off to Everquest or Mohaa soon
was that aimed at me? blink.gif The quote came from an acquintance, not myself...

Nice one AESF. For sure he's not worth 3.5 million and he's not worth 35k a week - greedy git. If we get him, and on those terms, I see the club losing more punters.

On the down side, a Rangers friend suggests Ferguson's return is almost a done deal!

Edited by rosie

Savage signed a 4 year deal with Birmingham in the summer, he now wants out. I don't think anybody here disagrees Birmingham's backroom staff, players, chairman, board memebrs etc have a right to feel upset about Robbie's sudden U-Turn.

Something very strange is going on down the road at Bolton.

5 WEEKS after agreeing an extended contract with Henrik Pedersen, they've transfer listed him (and 6 other players) to raise funds for Big Fat Sam to go and play with.

Maybe he should employ Gold, Sullivan and Brady to fight his corner.

BBC link

Edited by Tris

The whole absurdity of football contracts is shown in the cases of Pedersen, Savage and Ferguson. The Bolton lad is being sold by his club against his wishes and is powerless to prevent it even though he signed a contract recently. Savage wants to leave for another job and his employers are telling him he cant because he`s under contract which he signed recently and Ferguson while still under contract is being touted back to Rangers. How will the manager and board get over this tricky hurdle? I really want Fergie to stay but I expect he wants a bigger stage. Playing in front of 7000 against Cardiff as opposed to 45000 at Ibrox isnt much of a choice, is it?

Playing in front of 7000 against Cardiff as opposed to 45000 at Ibrox isnt much of a choice, is it?

No, because playing East Fife away in the cup is such a great experience aint it blink.gif

Also, he gets to play against the greatest teams in the world and in the greatest stadiums in this country.

If he does want to go(which i doubt) then the guy really does lack ambition. Unless he does have family problems

Just to (sort of) try and keep the thread on track, Savage and Ferguson would improve our midfield; Savage instead of Ferguson would weaken it considerably. I find the prospect of selling Ferguson back to Rangers a baffling one. He is one of our better players, and one of the most expensive signings currently in the squad. Rangers are millions in debt, whereas we are (at least in comparison) financially sound. As others have said, Rangers are a bigger fish yes, but in a much smaller pond.

I agree, I would like Savage to come but on our terms. He isnt worth 3.5 million or 35k a week, and if those are the terms of the deal he should stay at birmingham, but i dont think he will come to blackburn the story has gone rather dead last couple days.

The person with the motivation in all this is always the agent who gets his cut on the fee.

I got worried when the LET ran the story today.

I know I said we should be prepared for a lot of departures in January but Barry was not one I had in mind.

I spent the day reading different news reports claiming Ferguson going back to Rangers for a cut-down price, why?? Has he been so bad that his value is down or what. If, and i say if, we are to sell him back to Rangers then the fee must certainly be around those £7.5 that we paid for him, if not then keep him.

And I was hoping that the introduction of Savage would buck up the Scot into fulfilling his potential.

My earlier fears that Savage was being brought in to REPLACE Ferguson and that Birmingham are going to hold us to ransom for the Welshman seem like they may come true .

Mayeb Brady , Bruce and co aren't as daft as some of us thought they were....

The Bolton  lad is being sold by his club against his wishes and is powerless to prevent it

surely if he turned down any other offer that was given to him he could "do a bogarde" and sit the rest of contract out at bolton?

And if he is 'sold gainst his wishes' he certainly wouldn't lose out financially unless his agent has been very silly in his previous contract negotiations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.