BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Savage Signs

neekoy

Sky are quoting the newspaper reports of the weekend from Birmingham "Robbie Savage needs to see a psychiatrist if he thinks that Blackburn are a bigger club than Birmingham"

Maybe not "bigger" but certainly "better" in every way.

They are making themselves look so silly (isn't it fun? biggrin.gif )

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The final deal is likely to include a clause preventing Savage playing for Rovers when they visit St Andrew’s on April 30."

How stupid!  He's a midfield grafter, hardly Thierry Henry is he? 

What Babies.

Can they even do that if it's a permanent purchase? I just assumed you could only do that for loans. I mean after all, if that was the case everyone would write in clauses like that and no one would ever be playing against their ex-club, right?

I agree, theno... what babies.

Charlton worked it into Scott Parker's Chelsea contract, but that was because it would have been about his second game (or something) and before they had a replacement in. This is just petty from Birminham, not wanting to run the risk of him scoring and sending them down.

I used to have respect for Brum and their fans as I always thought of them as another small club performing above what could be expected, but after this Savage-debacle I must say I've completely lost all respect for them. I actually feel sorry for some of their fans who'd have to put up with all this bull**** from the club and from other fans. If Blackburn Rovers were behaving in the same way I would be very quiet,try not stick my head out and hope that both the manager and the director got sacked on account of stupidity. Right now I welcome Savage to the club and feel pretty sure that he will be treated better here than at Brum. I also hope that Brum plummets to the bottom of table come may.....might not be that unlikely seeing as we've "stolen" their best player or what? Seriously though - I can really see Brum playing the Coca Cola Championship next year and Bruce leaving before the end of the season.

On fan size, yes they are bigger. But that just goes to show what a useless and badly run club they really are.

badly run club ?

we are the club making yearly profits of over £5 million after tax

wonder how much debt your is club is in considering you cant fill the grounds for 85% of the games and u have being paying players stupid money who simply dont perform, you have more foreigners in your reserves earning 30k per week who dont wanna play for you than aston villa

and to round it all off you been messing birmingham about for the past 3 weeks with 3 different bids

you could have quite simply come in beginnning of january and offered £3 million, the club publically stated that was his valuation considering the long term contract but you messed us about as did savage

nothing to do with the owners of birmingham city, nothing to do us wanting to keep him, ofcourse we want to keep him but you have only just met the valuation of player after your 3rd bid

savage knew how much blackburn needed to pay birmingham for his services, the owners of birmingham city knew as did your owners but you were messing arund with installments over five years, what financial sense does it make paying for a player after he has retired

you really think our owners are gonna let a player leave for an initial down playment of £500k when it prob cost £500k for savage to sign the new contract in terms of agent fees and singing on fees

you offer us £3 million you can have him or £2.5 million + the rest in installments he is yours

simple as that

now stop being a bunch of bitchin little school girls and get over it,

1) you could have quite simply come in beginnning of january and offered £3 million, the club publically stated that was his valuation considering the long term contract but you messed us about as did savage

2)  now stop being a bunch of bitchin little school girls and get over it,

Point 1 - Er steve Bruce categorically claimed that Savage was not for sale for any price.

Point 2 - maybe you should direct that comment to your Board and manager.

Also the first offer is structured exactly the same way as your first bid for Dunny the cripple. I believe it is you (as in Birmingham City) that needs to get over it.

Just a note to other posters - Reply nicely now and no abuse

Sky are quoting the newspaper reports of the weekend from Birmingham "Robbie Savage needs to see a psychiatrist if he thinks that Blackburn are a bigger club than Birmingham"

Maybe not "bigger" but certainly "better" in every way.

They are making themselves look so silly (isn't it fun? biggrin.gif )

let me see, if brum are basing the criteria for a big club solely based on the size of the immediant fanbase ( in the case birmingham pop 1 mill est ), then Brum should be a bigger club than all of these

Dortmund

Porto

Parma

Deportivao La Coruna

Real sociedad

Valencia

Bayern Munich

need i go on , they simply no nothing of what a big club consists of reputation, history, prestige TROPHIES etc, Brum or and always will be a small club who cant attract 3% of the immediate population to watch them

On fan size, yes they are bigger. But that just goes to show what a useless and badly run club they really are.

badly run club ?

we are the club making yearly profits of over £5 million after tax

wonder how much debt your is club is in considering you cant fill the grounds for 85% of the games and u have being paying players stupid money who simply dont perform, you have more foreigners in your reserves earning 30k per week who dont wanna play for you than aston villa

and to round it all off you been messing birmingham about for the past 3 weeks with 3 different bids

you could have quite simply come in beginnning of january and offered £3 million, the club publically stated that was his valuation considering the long term contract but you messed us about as did savage

nothing to do with the owners of birmingham city, nothing to do us wanting to keep him, ofcourse we want to keep him but you have only just met the valuation of player after your 3rd bid

savage knew how much blackburn needed to pay birmingham for his services, the owners of birmingham city knew as did your owners but you were messing arund with installments over five years, what financial sense does it make paying for a player after he has retired

you really think our owners are gonna let a player leave for an initial down playment of £500k when it prob cost £500k for savage to sign the new contract in terms of agent fees and singing on fees

you offer us £3 million you can have him or £2.5 million + the rest in installments he is yours

simple as that

now stop being a bunch of bitchin little school girls and get over it,

The whole issue from birmingham's view is that Savage should pay respect to his contract, but that didnt matter when Bruce signed for you did it?? Im not going down that stinky road but just a thought, in my view putting in a transfer request must be the same as resigning like Bruce did at palace.

you are so predantic it is untrue

no point me hanging arund on these boards as you all seem to be on ego trips

cya

we aint talking about bruce we are talking about savage so why the hell do u keep brining it up

your club has never done anything wrong ? except 95% of your matchday staff is asians talk about racism, isnt the joob good enough for white ppl in blackburn

Edited by Izzitnot

cya

we aint talking about bruce we are talking about savage so why the hell do u keep brining it up

your club has never done anything wrong ? except 95% of your matchday staff is asians talk about racism, isnt the joob good enough for white ppl in blackburn

You've said you wont be comming back about 3 times now, yet you still do??

why?

(expecting the 4th to come after just 1 more post laugh.gif )

cya

errr So long dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.

No its not pedentry - although im sure that will start soon, it is logical and reasoned comment and argument to your posts.

oh god not another thread on Racism please - it'll get deleted

Sorry Flopsy, I juts wasnt aware that employing a mixture of staff from various ethnic origins and of different genders was racist.

Im interested in how, in fact, it is. And perhaps as a result of this gentlemans comments I will contact my MP with a view to having the definition of racism (as defined in the RRA of 1976) amended.

Or perhaps I wasn't.

Edited by stuwilky

Izzetnot - this all seems to have descended a little bit - your initial arguments were well balanced - but u just seemed to have slipped further and further down.

You can criticise previous managers all you want - as we often do.

But Hughes is only doing what he can within the budget he has. We are under no illusions - we now have a limited budget and have to try picking up players as we can. Two international captains for a total of £300k seems good business to me - and well worth the risk.

We are a small town in lancashire, that manages to sustain a competative premiership football team on gates of approx 25k. This a town with a population of 125k, and with a significant number of local rivals steeped in more tradition and success that Birmingham will probably ever be.

Birmingham - second largest city in GB - average gate 30k - go figure that one wink.gif

Lets forget all this "we are bigger than you" rubbish - at the end of the day the best team will end up highest in the league come May. And the following season it starts all again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.