BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 Rovers 1

I think we did very well in that game, bolton didnt really threaten us with chances. Stead was very unlucky, it just isnt happening for him. Reid really should have put the game beyond a doubt but we still won.

A very needed win too.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also finding Rovers enjoyable to watch for the first time in 2 years.

Very true, the games seem to fly these days and seem to finish sooner than expected.

Not so long ago, I felt as if I was only going out of habbit, however, even though we have been only drawing, the "BUZZ" is returning and I cant wait for the next game these days

Sorry if this has been asked, but there seemed to be some concern about crowd control/segregation prior to this game. Unfortunately could not go due toe the dreaded flu so gave my ticket to a young nephew who went in my place.

He didn't see any problems. Was there any of the usual outside the breezeblock?

Notlob are starting to get found out with their continual long ball and i think our defenders are well equiped to deal with it, (see palace away, huge long balls from palace, 1 shot on target for them all game). What also needs to get taken into consideration is the fact that all our relegation rivals have difficult games and must be presumed not to pick up many points. A Rovers win, not only gives us a slight gap, but also drags Bolton back into the mire and start them looking over their shoulders. I for 1 am really looking forward to this game and i predict,

Bolton 1-2 Rovers

Dicov and Bazza with the goals, in front of 28,000.

Wow, thats the most accurate prediction ive done in a long time. They were so predictable it was untrue, hughes got it spot on, played exactly the right centre back partnership for the game. I got the Rovers win right and dickov scoring and the fact our relegation rivals would do nowt, so on the whole good.

Special praise must go to Matteo imo, who stood up to that diving **** diouf superbly ('hes gonna spit in a minute' lol). The team performed very well as unit and never looked like conceding a goal and the clean sheets are now starting to rack up.

The atmosphere was superb from our fans y'sday singing for most of the match with only the stand to the right of us making any kind of Bolton noise. Chants like, gonna spit in a minute and the usual 1 paul dickov, emerton, emerton (to the tune of everton) were sung in full voice by the 3,000 Rovers fans who made the short journey.

Bring on the Villa now.

A couple of Rovers fans started up a 'oh wanky wanky chant' and a couple of bolton fans went over and started something, there wer a couple of druken punches thrown, but the police were very quick to interven, so quick i almost got run over by a horse! dry.gifmad.gif Other than that i didnt see anything.

Also a question. Bolton said they sold out all of their home seats. Why in that case were there constant gaps all over the place? I know people go out for some food or whatever, but that was riduclus.

Special praise must go to Matteo imo, who stood up to that diving **** diouf superbly ('hes gonna spit in a minute' lol). The team performed very well as unit and never looked like conceding a goal and the clean sheets are now starting to rack up.

I think that Souness embarrassed Matteo early season playing him in CM, left midfielder and then along side Amo, so he really didn't stand much of a chance, but he's doing ok now which is good to see

Edited by chris

Also a question. Bolton said they sold out all of their home seats. Why in that case were there constant gaps all over the place?

I thought that too.

Perhaps the flu is an epidemic in Horwich!

Edited by mjs

A couple of Rovers fans started up a 'oh wanky wanky chant' and a couple of bolton fans went over and started something, there wer a couple of druken punches thrown, but the police were very quick to interven, so quick i almost got run over by a horse! dry.gifmad.gif Other than that i didnt see anything.

Also a question. Bolton said they sold out all of their home seats. Why in that case were there constant gaps all over the place? I know people go out for some food or whatever, but that was riduclus.

I think brassed off season ticket holders who don't attend are still counted in the 'attendance' because the seat is still sold. I bet there's plenty of them in Bolton right now.

tinykit.gifcool.gif

i believe that matteo is doing well, aswell. but then again ever since souey left a n umber of players have done very welll and are continuing to do so. nissa, steven reid, brett emerton etc etc are all playing some very good football at the moment and have been ever since souey left.

the reason for their turn infortunes IMO....is because the football they are playing now is why they where attracted to souness in the first place, but when he signed them, did not allow the lads to play that way.

Very true, the games seem to fly these days and seem to finish sooner than expected.

Not so long ago, I felt as if I was only going out of habbit, however, even though we have been only drawing, the "BUZZ" is returning and I cant wait for the next game these days

For me too. Loving the christmas period as the games keep coming thick and fast. Brought the joy back into the game

For me too. Loving the christmas period as the games keep coming thick and fast. Brought the joy back into the game

I always got a Buzz even when Blackburn were doing bad, thanks to a very high dose of these painkillers

Edited by chris

Once in front of 33,010 at Burnden in 73/4 when Faz headed the winner the season Bolton went up from the Third Division. I believe the Sheffield derby was played at Bramall Lane the same night so nearly 80,000 people watched two Third Division games that night!

I rem it different Philipl. I cannot be bothered to look it up but I'm sure that 33000 crowd at Burnden was a 3rd Div all time record which was beaten some time later by the Sheff derby.

33,000 for a third division game peolpe go on about Burnley being our biggest draw but Bolton v Blackburn is the biggest Lancashire crowd puller there is.

Indeed so. The all time record Ewood crowd is given as approx 62000 v Bolton Wanderers for a 6th round FA cup tie in 1929. We were at the time the FA Cup holders! God only knows where they put em because I went to the Man City FA cup game circe 66/67 when there were only supposed to be 42000 on and there was not a spare inch of room anywhere. I suppose that in 1929 the Blackburn End stand did not exist so perhaps there was more room there.

But forget that 33000 night at Bolton, the Full Members at Wembley, the Leicester play off final and even that night at Anfield, the most passionate, frenzied atmosphere that I ever experienced was the Dec 17th away game at t'Turf! laugh.gif

Once in front of 33,010 at Burnden in 73/4 when Faz headed the winner the season Bolton went up from the Third Division. I believe the Sheffield derby was played at Bramall Lane the same night so nearly 80,000 people watched two Third Division games that night!

I rem it different Philipl. I cannot be bothered to look it up but I'm sure that 33000 crowd at Burnden was a 3rd Div all time record which was beaten some time later by the Sheff derby.

You are absolutely right- it was a 3rd Div record which the Sheffield derby broke in 79/80 with a 49,000 crowd at Hillsborough.

I now definitely recall a second 1-0 win at Burnden late in the season in '76- we scored early with a near post header from a defender and held it pretty comfortably denting Bolton's promotion chances. Crowd was about 24,000 for that one.

I went to the Man City FA cup game circe 66/67 when there were only supposed to be 42000 on and there was not a spare inch of room anywhere.

That match was in the 1968-69 season, the season City won the FA Cup.

We lost 4-1 but Jimmy Fryatt headed an equaliser and we had them rocking for a while.

The crowd that night was frightening - I remember it swaying back and forth on the Riverside. The Health and Safety people would have been apoplectic.

The attendance for the FA Cup qtr final replay against Burnley in 1960 is stated as 53,839 - the gates were locked well before kick off with an estimated 10,000 outside - I've seen photographs of the unlucky folk on Nuttall Street which were incredible.

Had the "extras" been allowed to squeeze in somehow, this would have eclipsed the Bolton 1929 crowd by a thousand or so and been our all time high.

Wasn’t the top of the table clash between Villa and AFC Bournemouth at Villa Park in the early 70’s of around 51,000 a record for a Third Division game, I seem to remember MOTD that evening saying it was?

Bloody hell,

This is turning into a BRFCS.co.uk version of "The Four Yorkshiremen Sketch."

"Pies were thruppence ha'penny & you still had change to have a pint, another pie & a prostitute before going home to beat t'wife and put dubbin on yer clogs before church, next day.

Grand.

Champion.

Eeeeeee! dolly blue.

"I remember that little Thenodrog in his little clogs, scampering up and down Pringle Street like there was no tomorrow. The sparks fair flew off the little scamp's segs. "Come in for yer tea" cried his Mum " It's bread and dripping.""

"And blow me, if there wasn't little Phillip, rushing up behind him for a bit of dripping."

"We always gave him a crust, well it was only right and proper seeing as how his Mum was and all."

"Sometimes that little Clayton and that little Jim would come , pressing their noses against the windows. But we told them to go away, we had enough of our own to feed.

I'll shut up now.

rover.gif listened to the 1st half in the car on the way to bradford too a family party,had to put up with ssn for the remainder off the game,two visits too the breeezebloc was all they did.

great result the 1st bolton away game i have missed since the 70's but waggy will not pay £35 to watch lotnob and junior will not pay £21.when i was on my way too mill hill to pick junior up i thought we would win,already i had backed rovers/utd in a £10 double.

got in stanley's on mill hill we were a measly 9/4,i had already got 5/2 in the morning so i put £15 on the nose and a fiver on 1-0. wink.gif top bannana

very dissapointed with the highlights on motd,all 2 mins have sky but can only watch the match the fans pick.but i read scotty's report and it looks like it was a deserved victory tinykit.gif

Saw a few scuffles after the game but nothing like usual. Like someone already mentioned they majority of their fans had left before the end of the game.

A deserved win. Shame Stead's header didnt go in. Though he played much better than in past performances

rover.gif listened to the 1st half in the car on the way to bradford too a family party,had to put up with ssn for the remainder off the game,two visits too the breeezebloc was all they did.

great result the 1st bolton away game i have missed since the 70's but waggy will not pay £35 to watch lotnob and junior will not pay £21.when i was on my way too mill hill to pick junior up i thought we would win,already i had backed rovers/utd in a £10 double.

got in stanley's on mill hill we were a measly 9/4,i had already got 5/2 in the morning so i put £15 on the nose and a fiver on 1-0. wink.gif top bannana

very dissapointed with the highlights on motd,all 2 mins have sky but can only watch the match the fans pick.but i read scotty's report and it looks like it was a deserved victory tinykit.gif

what you on about?

you can pick whatever game you want to watch on sky

great result the 1st bolton away game i have missed since the 70's but  waggy will not pay £35 to watch lotnob and junior will not pay £21.when i was on my way too mill hill to pick junior up i thought we would win,already i had backed rovers/utd in a £10 double.

what you on about?

EDIT - Misread.

Edited by stuwilky

great result the 1st bolton away game i have missed since the 70's but  waggy will not pay £35 to watch lotnob and junior will not pay £21.when i was on my way too mill hill to pick junior up i thought we would win,already i had backed rovers/utd in a £10 double.

what you on about?

maybe he has cable

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.