BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

If that pr1ck Murray thinks he can sign Barry for a TOTAL of 3 million pounds, he won't get many players.. Absolutely disgraceful bid for a player of Ferguson's quality, especially considering the amount we had to pay.

4 millions plus removal of debt, and I would consider it. If not, then keep him and make him a part of the team again. Take away his captaincy, play him in midfield with Savage and tell him to stop whining.

If he doesn't perform, simply take him out of the eleven just like any other player.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, but what if the meeting Fergie had with JW last week went badly cos they broke the news to him that Savage was probably going to sign, and if he did, he would be made captain? Did BF have a sook?

It'd be nice to hang on to Bazza for his skill on the pitch, but I have to say, he never should have been given the captaincy as a sweetener in the first place. To me, club captain should be earned through club loyalty and leadership. Ferguson didn't, and doesn't respect the honour he has been given as a result.

What kind of a leader waits until his team has just started to string some good results together, is making positive moves on the transfer front, and then says, "thanks lads, but I'm off" mid-season? That's a pretty big @#&k you very much to the club.

Don't know how vocal Brad F is in the locker room, but why the hell isn't he captain? I can't think of a player who has given more to the Rovers in the past few years!

Fingers crossed we can ride this one out, but Bazza has to be stripped of the captaincy either way. I say slap him round a bit and see if it knocks some sense into him. He may come back angrier and better down the track. If not, he hasn't got the kind of character we need then anyway.

I wouldn't be too upset with a Savage/ Thommo midfield anyway. If Thommo can stay healthy I think we will start scoring a few more goals.

Either way, I hope John Williams is smart enough to know that we DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. If Barry is less than professional, then banish him to the reserves. You can't let players/agents dictate the game to you.

Edited by Greylock

Blackburn next move is very simple, reject the transfer request but also slap a "PRICE TAG", to ensure clubs know our approx fee for the player

always start too high

8.5 million

then see if Rangers come back with a 3 million offer

Nearly Chris.

Reject the transfer politely with good grace and good reasoning. Reiterate what JW has said publicly in the Glasgow press (nothing like getting the Gers to get on the back of their own people)- We want Barry more than Rangers do. So far as Blackburn Rovers are concerned, Barry is not for sale.

Shut up

Wait

Wait

IF Rangers want Barry they will have to break cover with a significantly improved bid.

Still inadequate? "Barry is not for sale"

Getting warm?

THEN slap on the valuation of £8.5m.

I would imagine Savage has an absolute horror story of what the last two weeks have been like at the hands of Brum City. I don't believe for a moment that Ferguson has the balls to go through half of that.

As for him rotting in the Reserves, I am sure he will come to heel when he realises that he could throw away another half season (after losing half a season last year) particularly if there is a stick called "we won't pay your wages" and a carrot called "you play your best for us then we will probably grant your request in the summer if you still feel that way".

As for him rotting in the Reserves, I am sure he will come to heel when he realises that he could throw away another half season (after losing half a season last year) particularly if there is a stick called "we won't pay your wages" and a carrot called "you play your best for us then we will probably grant your request in the summer if you still feel that way".

We can only not pay his wages if he refuses to play, which he wont. He can sit in reserves, rot there and not play knowing that his value is plumeting yest Rangers will still want him because they know what they are getting.

So if he really wants to go he can play ######, we will shunt him into reserves pay him over half a million in salary, see his price go down and sell him to the club he wished to go to.

There is no stick that we can use. Only carrot.

For those who really want us to keep him the only option is to talk to him and persuade him to retarct his transfer request and do all we can to make his life what he wants it to be.

For those who think we should hold out for £6mil plus. All I can ay is "Get real". Not a hope on earth we will get that.

Personally i will be happy as soon as he leaves as hes disrupting the cub just as things are turning round. Get rid of him for a bit less than hes really worth as he could/will cost us more if we keep hold of a player who doessnot want to be here.

Yes we should ask for more than hes worth but only as a standard negotiationg point. The talk of starting at £8mil+ is farcical, £5.5 Mil tops is more like it.

Have I missed it, or has the LET not even mentioned the Ferguson transfer request.

I'm sure it wasn't in yesterdays, and today (at least in the online version) there are 5 Rovers stories but the only reference to Ferguson is to say he's injured so can't play tonight.

Maybe John Williams is playing a blinder behind the scenes, and keeping a very tight lid on the situation.

If we cant not pay his wages, and dont get a sufficient bid, we could always belittle him further by offering him on loan to the likes of Hull - a fairly rich team who could probably afford to pay for a 3 month loan spell, and see the brave captain of Scotland playing in lower leagues. Then maybe when he comes back, we could tell him to either play properly, or the same treatment again - its not as if he'll be free soon for him to just see out his contract. AT least we wont look like a push over, and be insulted with the Rangers offer.

I think we ned to empty him before the end of the month. If we hang onto him his value would probably fall between now and the end of the season or he might get injured again. What would it achieve hanging onto him in our battle for midtable stability when we have Savage now who is a better player anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Newcastle, or someone else, came in with a late bid and he ended up there though. You can never believe these homesick stories these players tell. It usually means they are after some more cash (eg Savage).

Nearly Chris.

Reject the transfer politely with good grace and good reasoning. Reiterate what JW has said publicly in the Glasgow press (nothing like getting the Gers to get on the back of their own people)- We want Barry more than Rangers do. So far as Blackburn Rovers are concerned, Barry is not for sale.

Shut up

Wait

Wait

IF Rangers want Barry they will have to break cover with a significantly improved bid.

Still inadequate? "Barry is not for sale"

Getting warm?

THEN slap on the valuation of £8.5m.

Why on earth do you keep coming up with this nonsensical figure of £8.5 million ? Every sane person knows that his true worth is £4m at the very , very most - it's BF we're talking about not Viera or Gerard.

You imply we hold all the cards - we don't . Ferguson is the one who can sit on his ar$e and pick up tens of thousands every week for doing nothing ; let's face it , we can never play him because the fans won't have it . He's an asset who's wasting away for as long as we hold on to him .

As for Rangers , they won't be thinking along the lines that they sold him for 7m , therefore he's worth as much or more now . They will know that the market NOW is what counts . Nobody else has come in for him , nor are they likely to - he hasn't done anything to warrant them coming in for him . Nor are their fans demanding that he be bought . We could very easily be left with a player on our hands who we can't play and who nobody else is willing to pay more than £2m for - because he gets homesick easily if he strays from Jockland . who would risk big money on such a wimp ?

My prediction is that Rangers will offer a £1.5 m bid and generously cancel the 2.5 we owe them . It will be a take it or leave it bid . We'll take it .

let's face it , we can never play him because the fans won't have it .

I don't agree with this at all!!!

Certainly the fans aren't happy with Baby Barry, not should they be. But with all the complaining on here about the club not caring about the fans (ticket prices, crowd size, ticket promotions, etc...) what makes you think all the sudden that the club cares about what the fans think???

If Hughes comes out and says, "right now Barry's part of the team, and he give us the best chance to beat Cardiff and Bolton>" and puts him in the squad, what's gonna happen. He's got 2 options:

1) He plays... So he has to deal with the crowd telling him to **** off. Okay he deserves it, but if Blackburn gets his usual performance, no loss to Blackburn, still we can sell him to Gers, at an increased price, because obviosuly you don't NEED to sell....

2) He refuses to play, Blackburn refuses to pay him, send him packing (again at a decent price cause you don't NEED to sell) and no loss to Blackburn.

Surely I'm wrong on this, but I still don't think we are in the dire position to take a massive loss on this transfer as some people seem to think.

Disregarding the question of whether he would walk back into a winning team on merit , I was harking back to the reception given to Lee Carsley (mentioned earlier in the thread) who was given such a bad reception that he had to slink on back to the dugout.

I'm only going on what I believe and what other fans I've talked to have argued . Most fans of any clubs in England would react in a very negative manner in a similar situation .

I don't think for a second that BF would refuse to play but I just can't see him taking to the field again . That's why I believe he'll be gone by Feb - and not for anything like the silly money that some think we can hold out for . There's only one club in for him and I think would be quite willing to walk away if we "demand" more than £4m . He is simply not that great an asset - unfortunately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.