BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

While it's true that Blackburn can accept any offer from another team, they cannot make Ferguson talk to them or even sign for them. Barry has come out and told Hughes that he "only wants to play for Rangers". So, at the end of the day, he's made this extremely difficult on both himself and the Club.

At this time, he said that!

But if any other big club came after him, he could like that possibility.

Btw, Dado, maybe the reall Dado could come as part of the deal rover.gif

Not on your life son. laugh.gif

We're rebuilding our team after three years of selling the best players we had. I don't think our big Croatian international striker will be going anywhere. Well, he seemed perfectly happy when I last met him at Ibrox. biggrin.gif

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry has come out and told Hughes that he "only wants to play for Rangers".

He also said he was happy at Rovers less than a month ago. If the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU or even Newcastle came in for him, then I have no doubt he would choose them over Rangers.

The "homesick" nonsense is just as bad excuse as the one Savage had about being closer to his parents.

Barry came to Rovers thinking we could challange for a Champions League spot, we finished 15th. Just face it, the guy don't have the bottle trying to turn things around as he would rather play in a team where he could literally sit down on the pitch and have lunch before someone tries to close him down...

Edited by krislu

He also said he was happy at Rovers less than a month ago. If the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU or even Newcastle came in for him, then I have no doubt he would choose them over Rangers.

The "homesick" nonsense is just as bad excuse as the one Savage had about being closer to his parents.

Barry came to Rovers thinking we could challange for a Champions League spot, we finished 15th. Just face it, the guy don't have the bottle trying to turn things around as he would rather play in a team where he could literally sit down on the pitch and have lunch before someone tries to close him down...

Go back to page 38 and read my posts from then on.

Once you've read and understood them, come back and try and have a civilised conversation about football, instead of having lame, and over-exhausted pops at the SPL.

My point is, you have no idea about Scottish football, except what the media tell you. This is in more detail in the aforementioned pages.

Got that? Good.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

Go back to page 38 and read my posts from then on.

Once you've read and understood them, come back and try and have a civilised conversation about football, instead of having lame, and over-exhausted pops at the SPL.

My point is, you have no idea about Scottish football, except what the media tell you. This is in more detail in the aforementioned pages.

Got that? Good.

To clear things up, when I said lunch I didn't meen a hughe picnic or anything, just a small sandwich laugh.gifph34r.gif .

rover.gif if fergie comes out to play for us again without retracting his transfer request he will be BOOED.

i am not one bit bothered about the price we get for him,he is a souness buy,we have let many off them go for next to nothing,this situation is not our fault/hughes fault.

remenber all that bullshit he came out with saying his family were being abused in scotland.

it may not be ideal but fergie's career will suffer more than the club,if we sling him in the reserves.

he is after all the captian off jockland tinykit.gif

Almost every member of the squad is a "souness buy"

The guy who has worn the armband while Ferguson has been injured is a "souness buy"

- not only that but he even refused to wear the shirt and sit on the bench.

Compared to handing in a transfer request, refusing to wear the shirt is 100 times worse.

No-one is booing Andy Todd right now. He's doing a job and doing it well. These things ebb and flow.

Ferguson is a decent midfielder and if he plays the next 12 games and does well for us, then nobody will be booing him.

The Daily Telegraph are running a story that Ferguson's transfer request will be formally rejected by Rovers today.

Hard to see that Rovers had any other choice in the matter.

Tris, you are absolutely right about the Todd/Ferguson comparisson. Even though I was against Souness, I felt that what Todd did was unforgivable. I have voted for Savage to be given the armband.

Ferguson in contrast, whilst acting against the interests of the club of which he is captain, cannot be accused of behaving in a particularly disgraceful or unprofessional manner in the way he has gone about it.

How he behaves now if the refusal of the request is fact will be the most important factor in whether he is rehabilitated by the club and fans. With Ferguson having behaved professionally thus far, he and Viola have a tough call on whether to throw their toys out of the pram or to continue being a professional. I suspect Viola dare not advise his client to misbehave because of the risk the Rovers might strike back at him personally. I am sure Brum have given Rovers a master class in how to play the game if this turns dirty (and I am talking about the things which will have gone on which were not made public)!

Rovers need to have an absolutely firm and clear position without leaving any room for doubt about what is going to happen by 31 January.

I suspect that is not going to be difficult as Rangers' poverty and parsimony will mean that Rovers have not been "challenged" by any sort of bid worthy of the name.

Edited by philipl

These are Mark Hughes' comments taken from today's Daily Telegraph:

"Barry is back in training, so it's up to me to make a decision on whether he plays against Bolton. I'll have a chat with Barry, but he's obviously available for selection.

"The board know that I want Barry to stay at the club, but they won't make a decision on his transfer request until they meet before the game. It needs to be discussed, but it's very difficult to know which way they'll go.

"All I know is that the level at which Rangers have bid for Barry, it is simply not realistic to sell him."

The article says that the Rovers Board are scheduled to meet this evening immediately prior to the Bolton game. The report suggests that Ferguson will receive a written reply to his transfer request after that Board Meeting.

In other words, Rovers have paid £4.4m cash and owe £2.1m.

Therefore what dado prso is really saying is that Rangers should repay £4.4m cash now and cancel the £2.1m owing.

Then the Rovers will start negotiating their profit on top.... rover.gif

Thank you Philipl, thank god you and a few others understand.

and Prso sorry for the derogitory comment..

If Ferguson wants a role model, he could do worse than look at Wayne Routledge.

Very similar situation- Palace believe Routledge's Agent is behind the desire to move. Spurs have now made two bids, both rejected (the latest for £2m).

And yet, Routledge played for Palace on Saturday... against Spurs. He was booed by the supporters until his all action performance won them round and Routledge ended up being one of the big reasons why Palace thrashed Spurs 3-0.

Rangers should also note how Palace are pushing the price skywards. There will be a price at which Spurs will get the man- Palace's price.

If Ferguson wants a role model, he could do worse than look at Wayne Routledge.

Very similar situation- Palace believe Routledge's Agent is behind the desire to move. Spurs have now made two bids, both rejected (the latest for £2m).

And yet, Routledge played for Palace on Saturday... against Spurs. He was booed by the supporters until his all action performance won them round and Routledge ended up being one of the big reasons why Palace thrashed Spurs 3-0.

Rangers should also note how Palace are pushing the price skywards. There will be a price at which Spurs will get the man- Palace's price.

Rouledge is out of contract at the end of the season and his fee will be decided by tribunal if he's not sold before then. Totally different situation.

It’s simple really.

If Ferguson or any other player wants to leave, then let them. Myself, along with many other fans do not want players playing for us who do not feel any pride when wearing the blue n white halves.

If a player puts in a request to leave then allow them too but only for the clubs valuation. Don’t get bullied into taking a pathetic offer from rangers. Slap a £5 or £6 million price tag on him and send a fax round to a few clubs offering the services.

If nobody comes up with the money then play the player if he is good enough. If the player does not perform then he is only spoiling his own chances of a good move.

Actually Scotty you are right- it massively re-enforces my point:

Palace rejecting an offer of £2m for Routledge, contract expires 6/05

Rangers offering £3m (£440K cash) for Ferguson, contract expires 6/07

What planet is Murray on?

The reaction on probably the most partisan Glasgow Rangers supporters' site. Note the lack of criticism of Blackburn Rovers.

We wouldn't have to pay him because he wouldn't be doing the work he agreed to in his contract (make himself to available for reserve matches etc...).

But surely we are jumping way ahead, making assumptions about BF becoming a difficult employee... to me at least, wanting a move doesn't automatically equate with anarchic behaviour.

Edited by Shaddy

There are so many possibilities to all this.

Could that situation precipitate legal action by us to sue Ferguson for damages / breach of contract? This sort of action has not happened in football before but I believe it should. Things are far too one sided in favour of the players. It might be ironic that I am saying this so soon after the Savage situation but we did not offer less than generously for Savage whereas trying to get Ferguson for buttons by engineering the situation as has happened could be tantamount to extortion / fraud.

Who is to say that this situation was not a Murray / Viola set-up job from the start?

July 03.

"Listen Bazza, We've been thinking. We'd like you go to some Premiership suckers for big bucks, then play for a reasonable time, that will serve to get the Bank manager off our back for a time, then kick up and insist that you will only come back here and they will have to let us buy you back for buttons....... Oh and btw you can have 25% of any profit"

Just musing further but so many people come on here singing the praises of John Williams and his leadership.

BUT

Is it any wonder, given the huge embarrassments and complete finacial right-offs of the Kevin Davies / Andy Cole and Grabbi fiasco's that the likes Murray and Viola see BRFC as a 'milch cow' to be ripped off at will by every Tom, Dick or Harry in football? I'm beginning to think more and more that Ferguson never had any intention of seeing his contract out when he signed! Am I alone in these suspicions?

On this occasion and imo we really need to play hardball with Ferguson to send out a strong message to conniving agents and the like everywhere. Cant see it happening but Strachans suggestion that the Prem chairman club up to help Forest pay Van Hooydoinks wages whilst letting him rot in isolation has undoubted appeal and is beginning to become increasingly relevent.

True,

but whats the point?We pay him and get nothing for him and make no use of him?We might as well sell him?

Or do we make an example out of him.

I doubt we will go the way you are talking about, we wont ruin his career Im sure.

IF he refused to play, he wouldnt get paid - breach of contract.

But I very much doubt it will come to that.

I expect Barry to back in Scotland by the end of the week.

Well, someone's going to have to change their attitude.

- Rovers won't sell unless the bid is upped.

- Rangers won't up the bid but are giving it the big "uppity" tart stuff by gobbing off through the media, hoping that will in some way change the situation.

- Barry wants his nappy changed.

It's a stand-off at the OK Corral. I just hope we're not firing blanks.

this is a lose lose situation.

We can't play him when he doesn't want to be at the club and Rangers know they are in an auction of one club.

We could sulk and put him in the reserves to the end of his contract but that just costs us more money.

Either way the fans need to let Ferguson know what we think of him. He is the only one responsible for this mess and he is happily watching the club that gave him a chance in the big league get taken to the cleaners.

If he plays tonight I will be furious...

Don't understand why you'd want him to stay. The guy doesnt want to play for us. I'd cut off my left leg to play for Rovers (my left leg is useless, so wouldn't be missed, and I'd still get picked before Amo). Get rid of him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.