BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

Why don't we offer Ferguson to Newcastle in a straight swap deal for Craig Bellamy?

Souness gets his man and Hughes gets a class striker who he's managed for Wales.  wink.gif

That'd do nicely. Soft arse can be home a bit quicker from a base about 50 miles north of Newcastle and we get a better player and quality striker (although he's trouble with a capital T) that we need...... and Murray and Rangers get f*c%ed right off.

Stop blaming Rangers, and start blaming Viola.

In Scotland, Blackburn are being painted as the enemy, and in England it's Rangers who are being painted as the enemy.

This whole transfer thing has gone too far, and it's annoying the hell out of me now. The sooner Rovers come out and give the official line that the Transfer Request has been declined, the better. That way, both our clubs can move on from this useless ranting and rumour mongering.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I didn't know about that.

It's not something I would've joked about. And in any case, it's not something that's ever been publicised down here.

Is he in a wheelchair then?

He walks with artificial legs, as he lost both below the knee, and crutches, and when Rangers win the league, he always comes down the tunnel onto the pitch to raise the League Flag at the first home game of the following season.

He's being painted in an extremely bad light down South, while Viola sneaks around in the background laughing at us all.

Murray acted on what he was told. Yes, he did make a silly comment regarding Ferguson's value, but don't think for one second he meant a word of it. He's on of the UK's most successful businessmen, he knows what to say and when to say it. This deal will fall through, and we'll move on.

Anyway, looking forward to the game tonight. Hope you stuff Bolton, I cannot stand Sam Allardyce. mad.gif

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

According to the official site he is still injured.

I'm not sure whether to believe it or not!

Can't remember where I saw it Al, but Hughes has been quoted as saying that Ferguson has trained for the past three days and is fit. He said it was down to him [Hughes] to decide whether to play him or not.

Yes I think I heard that somewhere too but in the Savage article it says he is struggling to be fit.

Dunno bout Brian but I didn't know that. Anyway rather than courage I think that 'determination' would be a far more appropriate description of his character.

'Courage' would be a more applicable adjective to describe Douglas Bader who lost his legs in a warplane and went straight up again to face the Luftwaffe as soon as his false ones were ready.

Anyway was it Murray / McLeish or Viola who came up with that ridiculous bid? Thats what pisses us off! It's not the fact that you do or dont want him its the fact that you want to pull our necks out with a combination of blackmail and a stupid bid.

Dunno bout Brian but I didn't know that.  Anyway rather than courage I think that 'determination' would be a far more appropriate description of his character. 

'Courage' would be a more applicable adjective to describe Douglas Bader who lost his legs in a warplane and went straight up again to face the Luftwaffe as soon as his false ones were ready. 

Anyway was it Murray / McLeish or Viola who came up with that ridiculous bid?  Thats what pisses us off!  It's not the fact that you do or dont want him its the fact that you want to pull our necks out with a combination of blackmail and a stupid bid.

Agreed, the bid was derisory ... and this is coming from a Rangers Season Ticket holder.

I think that Rangers have acted on the advice of Viola. I've never seen us deal in this manner before .... quite disappointing.

Edited by Dado_Prso_9

rover.gif like someone has mentioned before we have about 400 postee's and there shpuld be 18-20k rovers fans there tonight,from the talk in the pub lastnight fergie is going to get the bird,also most of the sensible posts are from members who cannot attend tonight,thus distancing them from the real issue off having to watch our so called captian turn out for us tonight tinykit.gif

If he plays, Barry has got to produce as big a performance as he has ever done for Rovers- then he'll be fine with the fans.

After all, with Savage making his debut and the w**** Wanderers on the Park, its hardly as though the crowd are going to have nothing to think about except boo Barry.

If we are at the point of awarding medals:

Heroes

John Williams got the timing right, brought the issue into the open in the first place, some wonderful calm professional statements using just the right language.

Mark Hughes took up the public relations phase since Friday- handled it perfectly. Now has to smooth Barry's way back into the Rovers' squad and the acceptance of the fans.

Big Villains

John Viola- middle man wind up merchant. Selling hot air rather than a business deal. Should stick to buying plots in Bothwell with Margaret Ferguson.

David Murray- got suckered by the Viola guff when most in the SPL would treat it with much more circumspection. As a result made a fool of himself getting the timing of when Ferguson would be on a Bosman wrong. Unforgiveably shoddy treatment of Barry Ferguson- encouraged him to make a transfer request then was then totally lacking in funds and loyalty to buy Barry out of Ewood.

Little Villain

Barry Ferguson- would have been a big one if he hadn't consistently said he is happy at Ewood. Understandably failed to realise that David Murray's statements were not negotiating ploys- he actually said the truth about not increasing his offer!

Stooge

Eck McLeish- sloppy talk about Ferguson when Murray reduced Rangers' debts started this whole thing. Rab Nesbitt performance on the radio but not as lucid as the string vest, not got his Bazza lifebuoy to help save his job.

I cannot quite credit that it is all over yet, it will only finish when Barry comes out and says he "only wanted to leave because he was homesick but he will honour is contract blah, blah, blah...." or some other banal but appropriate excuse.

Thompson is a decent player who can stand in so there is no need to play Ferguson unless the boy wants to play himself. If he does I would cheer rather than boo him- I cannot see how booing him off the park is going to help Blackburn Rovers at all.

I wont be at the game though so, as Waggy says, I will be distanced from what the supporters feel.

If he plays, Barry has got to produce as big a performance as he has ever done for Rovers- then he'll be fine with the fans.

After all, with Savage making his debut and the w**** Wanderers on the Park, its hardly as though the crowd are going to have nothing to think about except boo Barry.

If we are at the point of awarding medals:

Heroes

John Williams got the timing right, brought the issue into the open in the first place, some wonderful calm professional statements using just the right language.

Mark Hughes took up the public relations phase since Friday- handled it perfectly. Now has to smooth Barry's way back into the Rovers' squad and the acceptance of the fans.

Big Villains

John Viola- middle man wind up merchant. Selling hot air rather than a business deal. Should stick to buying plots in Bothwell with Margaret Ferguson.

David Murray- got suckered by the Viola guff when most in the SPL would treat it with much more circumspection. As a result made a fool of himself getting the timing of when Ferguson would be on a Bosman wrong. Unforgiveably shoddy treatment of Barry Ferguson- encouraged him to make a transfer request then was then totally lacking in funds and loyalty to buy Barry out of Ewood.

Little Villain

Barry Ferguson- would have been a big one if he hadn't consistently said he is happy at Ewood. Understandably failed to realise that David Murray's statements were not negotiating ploys- he actually said the truth about not increasing his offer!

Stooge

Eck McLeish- sloppy talk about Ferguson when Murray reduced Rangers' debts started this whole thing. Rab Nesbitt performance on the radio but not as lucid as the string vest, not got his Bazza lifebuoy to help save his job.

Mate, the other geezer who said this was right.

You ARE obsessed with this. You've made these points upteen times in this thread. I don't know if you feel somewhat compelled to have the "definitive" word, but you're going in circles, creating circumstances, and winding yourself up.

Let it go, you can do nothing to alter what happens, regardless.

The L.E.T. reports that Rangers must double their £3m offer, if they want Ferguson.

That article merely confirms my view that Rovers will be happy to sell as long as the price is right.

Rangers will find the money, nae worries.

That's the long and short of it. If Rangers find the money then he is off.

Good riddance too.

To play tonight would show that Ferguson has the mettle to merit the captaincy.

Not to play would be the easy way out for club and player and unfortunately, that's the probable outcome.

No Den . Not to play the waster is the sensible option . Even from a footballing point of view it's debatable whether he should be walking back into the team , but that's not the issue .

This is an important game . If he plays I can envisage a situation were Ferguson gets (deserved) stick from the Rovers fans and great support from the Notlob fans - a crazy situation which the waster would not be able to cope with . And even if he's somehow inspired - well , he's still not going to be a match winner . There's no precedent for that ...

Ferguson's time is up at the Rovers . He has to go or he has to be made an example of by playing in the reserves .

Either way we lose big time financially . With nobody but Rangers (semi)interested - and why should they be after observing his character over the last week or so ? - we have little or no bargaining power .

Some of the contributers on here can dig all day and night for evidence to the contrary (and seemingly are doing in one notable case wink.gif ) Maybe they should turn their attention as to why we spent so much money on him in the first place ...

Edited by blue phil

a crazy situation which the waster would not be able to cope with . And even if he's somehow inspired - well , he's still not going to be a match winner . There's no precedent for that ...

If you down those sour grapes any faster you'll choke.

How does Barry Ferguson qualify as a waster? That's crap induced by bitterness. By all reports, he is homesick and his family want to return to Scotland too. What is he meant to do?

Does he put his family's happiness first - or does he put his career ahead? Quite clearly, he's doing the former and I can't see how anyone can criticize him for that.

Moving back to Scotland will be clear a backwards step as any. It'd be an admissal of failure. It'd probably be an end of a dream to prove himself in a top league and prove himself as a real luminary in the game. I doubt that he's taken the decision to put his career on the back-burner lightly. Ferguson doesn't gain a lot out of it but one thing he will get is the lifestyle that he yearns for. I can't blame him for that.

And as for there being 'no precedent' for Ferguson being a matchwinner - consider where we'd be if he wasn't around this season. Flitcroft and Tugay in midfield - the dynamic duo that struggled so abjectly last season as a pairing and had there day in the finishing 6th season and everything has been downhill - and steeply. Ferguson has been influential in our revival under Hughes and losing him would be a major blow. Not a lethal blow but a blow nonetheless.

Edited by rover6

How does Barry Ferguson qualify as a waster?

Moving back to Scotland will be clear a backwards step as any. It'd be an admissal of failure. It'd probably be an end of a dream to prove himself in a top league and prove himself as a real luminary in the game.

You've just answered the question there yourself , Mr 6 . Add to it the fact that he gets his agent ot do his dirty work for him and hides in the background . At least Savage had the guts to speak for himself...

All in all , a total waster . Bugger off back hame to the wastelands..

Eddie , I'll take that bet , mate..

Sky Sports 1 have just read out the teams.

Barry Ferguson does not play, and is not even on the bench.

huh.gif

....because he has played his last game for the club.

He will be back at Ibrox by Friday, if not before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.