Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ferguson Hands in Transfer Request

No Nay Never

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New offer to be made for Ferguson.

£2m up front, waive the £2.1m, and pay £400k at the end of the season.

Total value of the deal will be £4.5m guaranteed regardless, instead of the £4m "performance based" deal offered on Thursday.

That will roughly be what is in the papers tomorrow or Tuesday - an entirely predictable compromise .

So assuming we have already paid Rangers around £4.5m we lose the player and £2.5m immediately reducing to a "mere" £2.1m in the summer.

Some compromise. huh.gif

I still think Rovers would have to be crackers to accept such a deal at this stage.

Total value of the deal will be £4.5m guaranteed regardless, instead of the £4m "performance based" deal offered on Thursday.

That will roughly be what is in the papers tomorrow or Tuesday - an entirely predictable compromise .

So assuming we have already paid Rangers around £4.5m we lose the player and £2.5m immediately reducing to a "mere" £2.1m in the summer.

Some compromise. huh.gif

I still think Rovers would have to be crackers to accept such a deal at this stage.

The way the deal works is that the £2.1m owed is waived, with £2m being paid up front now. Another £900k will be paid in the summer, regardless of appearances made. The total deal should come to around £5m guaranteed, with no clauses or appearance nonsense.

Well arnt you special.

But perhaps some people here didnt...

Just saying, the article is clearly dated 29th January, which would be Saturday, although some sites such as PlanetFootball.com had those comments on Friday evening, the day before the meeting between Ferguson and Hughes in which Ferguson reiterated his desire to return to Rangers.

Some compromise. huh.gif

The way the deal works is that the £2.1m owed is waived, with £2m being paid up front now. Another £900k will be paid in the summer, regardless of appearances made. The total deal should come to around £5m guaranteed, with no clauses or appearance nonsense.

Is that £5m guaranteed or as you said originally £4.5m?

Some compromise. huh.gif

Is that £5m guaranteed or as you said originally £4.5m?

My understanding of the new deal is the following:

£2m paid in full immediately.

£2.1m owed to us is waived.

£900k paid at the end of the season, regardless of appearances.

The £4m deal on Thursday was more inclusive of appearances Ferguson makes, this new deal apparantley is not.

So, taking £2m, £2.1m, and £900k ... you get £5m which is guaranteed.

There is nothing to indicate that Rangers are about to bid again, let alone up their offer from £3.5m to the £5m which Everton have indicated they would offer.

Even if Rangers bid at £5m, I would expect it will be summarilly dismissed.

I'd expect Rovers to be negotiating with Newcastle/Bellamy and keeping options open with Sokota and Carew during the next 27 hours, rather than wasting their time talking to Viola and Rangers.

Barry can be dealt with on Tuesday.

think that deal could be the clincher for the Ferguson sale if dado prso is right, being a canny scotsman I hope he is right although I would personally want fergie to stay.

on a brighter side, reports are suggesting that Rovers have an agreed structure for the payment for Bellamy IF he agreed to move. Now Rovers have a good working relationship with Newcastle (albeit most us actually despise Souness for what he did and how he did it) - on previous dealings everyhting has always been fair and up front.

I think that Rovers could easily agree a 3 yr payment deal for him, basing that on the fact that we can pay 2.1mill to Rangers for the outstanding money for Fergie. Its affordable and I am pretty sure that Bellamy would fancy Rovers above Brum, I mean the fresh air of the Ribble Valley against the smog ridden fume filled dump of brum is aptly a much better option for him.

If the deal is to go ahead then I would suspect that Fergie is already medically passed and that terms have almost been agreed I would also suspect that if Rovers do have an iron in the fire then they too will be advanced so that there are little problems to solve for tomorrow.

tomorrow appears to be building into an interesting day, its either that or a damp squib that suits noone sad.gif

There is nothing to indicate that Rangers are about to bid again, let alone up their offer from £3.5m to the £5m which Everton have indicated they would offer.

Even if Rangers bid at £5m, I would expect it will be summarilly dismissed.

I'd expect Rovers to be negotiating with Newcastle/Bellamy and keeping options open with Sokota and Carew during the next 27 hours, rather than wasting their time talking to Viola and Rangers.

Barry can be dealt with on Tuesday.

So, what you are saying is that you're happy for Everton to bid £5m, but not Rangers?

Phil, you grow more pathetic and predictable by the day. You constantly claim to be the voice of knowledge despite knowing very little.

Mark Hateley says he'd be very surprised if Ferguson wasn't back in Glasgow by Monday evening, and remembe that he WORKS for Rangers. Also, the Scottish media who have been right with every story, which incidently they reported a day earlier than anyone else, revealed that Rangers will come back again.

And as for Newcastle and Everton ... forget them

Listen carefully Phil: BARRY ONLY WANTS TO COME HOME.

Comprende? Good. Now let me know the Sliema Wanderers score eh? laugh.gif

think that deal could be the clincher for the Ferguson sale if dado prso is right, being a canny scotsman I hope he is right although I would personally want fergie to stay.

on a brighter side, reports are suggesting that Rovers have an agreed structure for the payment for Bellamy IF he agreed to move. Now Rovers have a good working relationship with Newcastle (albeit most us actually despise Souness for what he did and how he did it) - on previous dealings everyhting has always been fair and up front.

I think that Rovers could easily agree a 3 yr payment deal for him, basing that on the fact that we can pay 2.1mill to Rangers for the outstanding money for Fergie. Its affordable and I am pretty sure that Bellamy would fancy Rovers above Brum, I mean the fresh air of the Ribble Valley against the smog ridden fume filled dump of brum is aptly a much better option for him.

If the deal is to go ahead then I would suspect that Fergie is already medically passed and that terms have almost been agreed I would also suspect that if Rovers do have an iron in the fire then they too will be advanced so that there are little problems to solve for tomorrow.

tomorrow appears to be building into an interesting day, its either that or a damp squib that suits noone sad.gif

It should indeed be an interesting day, but Blackburn could yet reject the new deal.

However, the terms of the contract are more of less agreed from what I've been told. It's only a matter of signing and dating the documents.

Blimey Dado mad.gif Rangers were told a week ago, you can have him. No problem - he's yours.

Just pay the money.

Mate, if it was me in charge I'd be pulling out all the stops.

I mean, if I was to win the Lotto jackpot I'd pay for Ferguson myself! laugh.gif

As I said, Ferguson isn't a £6m player, and if Rovers get a deal for a guaranteed £5m I think they'll take it.

We got £8m for Boumsong, or which we only received £6m which was more or less spent before Viola informed us of Ferguson's "homesickness".

So, what you are saying is that you're happy for Everton to bid £5m, but not Rangers?

He didn't say that at all. Please read more carefully. I know you'll take any chance you get to take a pop at phil, but you'd be better of to sticking to those occasions where it's warranted.

I'd take the £5m if I was JW. Barry hasn't been great (But not bad either by any means) when supposedly giving 100%, so I don't think he'll play well at all now that he's crying for mommy who's a few hours away...

Sliema Wanderers- only marginally less successful than Rangers in Europe this season.

There is a lot of winding up going on Dado- been on any of the Rangers' sites? Same BF signing stories, very different details. Mostly at odds with any Blackburn Rovers reality which is the only one that matters.

Is it true Ferguson sacked Viola and appointed Steve Horner as his agent this evening?

Thanks Lathund- I simply observed that the reported Everton interest at £5m destroys Rangers' argument that Ferguson is only worth whatever derisory number they were dreaming up.

Sliema Wanderers- only marginally less successful than Rangers in Europe this season.

There is a lot of winding up going on Dado- been on any of the Rangers' sites? Same BF signing stories, very different details. Mostly at odds with any Blackburn Rovers reality which is the only one that matters.

Is it true Ferguson sacked Viola and appointed Steve Horner as his agent this evening?

Thanks Lathund- I simply observed that the reported Everton interest at £5m destroys Rangers' argument that Ferguson is only worth whatever derisory number they were dreaming up.

I'm not here on the wind up like "others" though.

You seem unable to accept that I do actually know a thing or two about football.

...and have yet to answer directly a single point I have raised.

For instance, raising £52M leaving debts of £23m is no good when you are making losses of well over £20m a year, now is it?

How can any club accept an appearance-related fee from Rangers after the Michael Ball episode?

Has Ferguson fired Viola this evening?

I'm sure you know something about Scottish football, but your analysis of the inter-dependent relationship between Sky and the Premiership is way wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.