SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Craig Bellamy

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

According to this article Bellamy wanted to come to Rovers but we were unable to get the funds but he still wants to play for hughes in summer.

Bellamy inthe summer?????

Very exciting if it's true

Not at £45K a week in wages it won't be !

Edited by trueblue

Very exciting if it's true, but I haven't seen anyone else running that story, so it could well just be speculation.

Bobby G said on the previous page that the Independent was reporting the same story.

doh! Pays to read back a page or 2.

Just hope we're still in the Premiership come summertime. Bellamy will be a great signing assuming Hughes can keep control of him

I don't think Bellamy will sign a contract with us come the end of the season, I think it suits all parties at the moment. Newcastle get him out of the way, Bellamy has a chance of winning a few medals & first team football & more time to make his mind up, Celtic get a good player that could clinch the title for us. But that's as far as I see it going, I actually thinks he's a big mouthed ###### but he's a good player & when he starts banging them in I think I'll learn to love.

I don't think Mr Bellamy will be going back to Newcastle, and if this is true don't think I want him at Ewood:

http://www.celticstuff.co.uk/news_item.asp?NewsID=456

Have to agree that Shearer is a goody two-shoes and from watching them on the pitch I have had the feeling that they never liked each other. Probably part of the problem at Newcastle.

I dont care what he said as Newcastle trated him like ###### and he reacted badly and acted like ######. Both parties are very much to blame for the actions that occurred.

If our manager thought he could control him and get the best out of him then so be it.

What i want to know is why McDermott is getting invloved and stirring things after the player has left and he has never even met him. Newcastle should hust have shut up once they had shipped him out on loan. All they are doing now is devaluing him. Good for us if we want him, bad for them

Bellamy - a thoroughly unpleasant man, undisciplined, bad-tempered, immature and an all-round dodgy character.

You're right Drummer Boy. Bellamy is a thoroughly obnoxious individual.

As Steve Froggatt, the former Coventry player, said last week:

"When Craig first turned up at Coventry after signing from Norwich he came in holding a pair of gold boots and thought he was the business."

"The senior players at the club took a real dislike to him. From what I gathered from Gary Speed, he was not well liked in the Welsh dressing room either. Bellamy has often been labelled as arrogant and obnoxious and I would have to agree with that description."

Like yourself Drummer Boy, I would have serious reservations about Rovers ever buying such a dodgy character.

A brief history of Craig Bellamy....

September 2000: Dismissed for violent conduct against Belarus - the first Wales player in five years to receive a red card.

December 2001: Sent off at Highbury for an incident with Ashley Cole.

February 2002: Given a formal police caution for assaulting a female student.

September 2002: Headbutts a Dynamo Kiev player in a Champions League tie. Given a three-game European ban for the offence. Handed a further three-game ban in the campaign after getting sent off against Inter Milan at St James's Park.

January 2003: Bellamy makes provocative gestures towards Wolves fans during an FA Cup match.

March 2003: Charged by the FA for abusing a match official during Newcastle's clash with Middlesbrough.

March 2003: Bellamy is accused of racist abuse towards an Asian guy outside a Cardiff nightclub. Summoned to appear before Cardiff Magistrates' Court in relation to public order offences. Fined £750 for being drunk and disorderly.

September 2003: Bellamy is one of several players questioned during a police investigation into the alleged gang rape of a 17-year-old girl at London's Grosvenor House Hotel.

No charges are brought, but a member of the public alleges that Bellamy was drunk and behaved obnoxiously in the hotel bar. Craig allegedly threw a £50 note at the girl behind the bar, saying: "Here's your wages for the week bitch."

March 2004: Bellamy throws a chair at Newcastle coach John Carver during an argument. Further reports of loutish behaviour from him at Newcastle Airport.

October 2004: Reacts petulantly to being substituted against Charlton at The Valley. Bellamy is caught on camera telling his manager that he's a "f____ pr*ck."

December 2004: The Ritz Hotel in London complains about "over boisterous" conduct by four Newcastle players, one of which is reported to be Craig Bellamy. The behaviour of the players leads hotel staff to write a formal letter of complaint to St James' Park. After hearing of the incident, Souness cancels his players' plans for a Christmas party.

January 2005: Bellamy feigns injury to avoid playing on the right hand side of midfield against Arsenal. He walks off the training ground saying his hamstring is tight after earlier telling other members of the squad that he was planning to feign injury.

Do Rovers fans really want to see such an odious character pulling on the famous blue and white shirt?

Someone who thinks that he's bigger than the club; someone who spits his dummy out when he gets substituted and feigns injury when he's not picked to play in his favourite position.

I had a couple of reservations about Savage's character - but Robbie is an absolute angel compared to Bellamy. I'm not sure I could stomach the sight of him ever playing for Rovers.

Anybody who feigns injury to avoid playing is a disgrace to the game of football.

Bellamy was hated

Anybody who feigns injury to avoid playing is a disgrace to the game of football.

As is someone who refuses to play for their club when his old club comes a calling.

I await your analysis of Ferguson with anticipation Smiffy wink.gif

Come on, keep up

AESF on BF

As is someone who refuses to play for their club when his old club comes a calling.

I await your analysis of Ferguson with anticipation Smiffy wink.gif

Come on, keep up

AESF on BF

Yes Tris but I'm awaiting his thoughts now that it's common knowledge that Barry refused to play.

I'm awaiting his thoughts now that it's common knowledge that Barry refused to play.

Just posted a piece on Barry Ferguson, Don....

Now for another odious sod - Craig Bellamy.

"This is a great football club and it's an honour for me to be here," said Bellamy when he joined Celtic on loan.

At the press conference Martin O'Neill joked that he half-expected his new striker to be picking the team for him in a fortnight's time.

Lo and behold, it hasn't taken long for Bellamy to criticise his new employers. Craig is said to be unhappy with the training facilities at Celtic and what he calls an "inferior league" in Scotland.

Sir Bobby Robson once said that Bellamy was the "gobbiest player I've ever managed". (Sir Bobby was a manager for 37 years.)

It was Bellamy who not only threw a chair at Newcastle coach John Carver - but also threatened to quit St James' Park if Wayne Rooney was signed by Robson. (Last month Craig was telling the media that he would never ask to leave Newcastle.)

Bellamy is a young man with exceptional arrogance.

After joining Newcastle, a television interviewer told Bellamy that goalscorers were adored on Tyneside and if he knocked them in, he could become a hero.

"But I already am a hero ..." Bellamy sneered.

To paraphrase the old joke: How many Craig Bellamys does it take to change a light-bulb? Answer: only one. Craig holds the bulb and the rest of the world revolves around him.

According to Graeme Souness, Bellamy told new signings Babayaro and Jean-Alain Boumsong that Newcastle were "a rubbish club with a rubbish manager".

That was more complimentary than his views on Coventry City though.

"Rubbish club, rubbish supporters, rubbish stadium, rubbish city," he said when leaving Coventry for Newcastle in 2001.

Bellamy claimed that he had "shut a few people up" after scoring two goals for Wales in Wednesday's 2-0 win over Hungary.

He might be a talented player - but he's also a thoroughly obnoxious brat who causes unrest and disharmony at whichever club he plays for.

Rovers are better off without him!

(A shame in one respect that he didn't join Birmingham. He and Steve Bruce may have been well suited to each other.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.