BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Seasons Kit

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i, for one, do not want to see our kit being made by nike (not that it'd matter for the next 2 seasons... but still). the generic stuff nike churns out is just disgusting.

look at the jerseys for arsenal and scum utd. remove the badges and you have an identical design, right down to the stripe on the sleeve. the difference lies only in the colour. nike is for me, the epitome of all that is wrong with sports marketing.

i'd be happy with someone like kappa making our kits. while it was still pretty 'similar' in basic design, there were at least variations amongst the various teams in kappa's stable. but not that my rant will matter, because we always end up with the smaller brands anyway (asics, uhlsport!!!??!!!, kappa etc), and i'm happy with it.

i, for one, do not want to see our kit being made by nike (not that it'd matter for the next 2 seasons... but still). the generic stuff nike churns out is just disgusting.

It was a joke from other numerous threads about kits that always seem to have the same points raised and the same ideas in them.

See Cockers post on the previous page.

Is there only me who thinks that those blue shorts on the home kit makes Rovers look like we are playing away rather than at home.

The blue and white halves will always be the same.... and so should the white shorts, its just the socks that can either be white or blue.

No more blue shorts for home games please!

modes, we can now change the home kit every season. This was discussed several times lasy year.

O great thats going to mean even more money to teh club shop rolleyes.giftinykit.gif

Not really, work on buying the home shirt each time it is out:

Old structure:

1st season = 1 shirt £40

2nd season = same shirt £0

3rd season = new shirt £40

total = £80 for 2 shirts!!

This way

1st season = 1 shirt £25

2nd season = new shirt £25

3rd season = newer shirt £25

total = £75 for 3 shirts!!

This works out even better when you consider the way most modern day shirts are looking tatty by christmas of the first year of purchase and we're on a winner me thinks tinykit.gifbiggrin.gif

As I said before, we should have 3 kits:  one blue & white halves, one red & white halves and one red & blue halves.

What do we wear when we play teams with blue and red like Palace huh.gif

The same kit that we played in against Palace away this season - Blue & White halves.

white shorts next season perhaps??

i hope so... it just looks cleaner.

Not if you poo in them.

Blue please.

i don't think blue shorts would be much of a help in that instance, though smile.gif

however, if that ever becomes a problem, then i think the new kits will be the least of our worries.

Edited by ColeJ.

As I said before, we should have 3 kits:  one blue & white halves, one red & white halves and one red & blue halves.

Excellent idea especially as red and blue halves used to be ( still is ? ) QEGS colours.

I'd like to see Rovers play in blue with white halves at home and white with blue halves away.

Old Blackburnians play in red and blue (although not necessarily halves) and they are QEGS 'old boys' right?

Quite a smart strip!

Keep the home kit as it is, but with a little bit darker blue. The away kit should be in red and black halves. I think that would look great.

The most important about the new kit is that the sponsor logo has a white background. Don't like to see a sponsor logo like we had with "time" where the background was green. That looked horrible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.