BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Seasons Kit

New home kit blue and white halves but thankfully back to white shorts.

Away kit, black body, silver sleeves.

Trust me!

dry.gif

I bet your wrong! However I would expect you'll be right about the shorts because from the amount of people who have moaned about the shorts being blue either on here or just in general I would think the club would want to shut these up. Still think we should have done something to commemorate the tenth anniversary of winning the league, i.e. having the kits modelled on the kits from then.

I know away kit is primarily black...........

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New home kit blue and white halves but thankfully back to white shorts.

Away kit, black body, silver sleeves.

Trust me!

dry.gif

I bet your wrong! However I would expect you'll be right about the shorts because from the amount of people who have moaned about the shorts being blue either on here or just in general I would think the club would want to shut these up. Still think we should have done something to commemorate the tenth anniversary of winning the league, i.e. having the kits modelled on the kits from then.

I know away kit is primarily black...........

you 'know' ? I KNOW your wrong.

my apologies gbax... you point has been taken.

It is not you that has my knickers in a twist just your idea. I strongly prefer simplicity.... if every team that's won a premiership medal starts sporting stars or other accoutrement... IMO, the next step is for clubs to starting denoting first old division championships... no?

Where will it all end, man ???? tongue.gif

I suppose I'm just an old, raving & drooling git... but all I want on my team's kits is the blood, sweat and tears of the lads wearing them... ( supporters excluded, of course. smile.gif )

cheers rover.gif

Edited by blue/white

Hate to be a killjoy...but I'm not really fussed who makes the kit or sponsors it... as long as it is someone and there is money coming in.

I like the idea of halved away shirts, I didn't see your post about it last year Scotty but good suggestion thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Ben-2000

I think the person or persons who initiated the blue shorts for this season should be named and shamed for an unforgiveable act in trying to drag down the Blackburn Rovers football kit.

I ask, at which time in our rich history did we wear Blue shorts for home games(apart from now) because if we did i'm sure it was an instantly forgetable season.

I feel i can compare this with the lack of understanding from the club about how local people felt towards the Burnley game as they do with the Leicester game, television aside.

Every true Blackburner places the highest of highest emphasis possible on beating Burnley, i feel reputations were really on the line at Ewood if Rovers had not beaten Burnley.... but i question John Williams and his management team on do they really know how the local public judge each Rovers game. All you need to do is go out there and ask them the answers are there.

Don't mind the blue shorts but would have preferred them with white socks (like the kit that we wear when we go to Old Trafford) I'd take that as the home kit every year.

Tradition says white shorts, but that MUST be with blue socks, otherwise the kit ends up looking like Leeds' kit with a blue vertical band on it

My best experiences on away trips have come when we wear black and red stripes. Particularly the 92-94 away kit with black shorts and red socks. The red sleeves spoilt the kappa kit for me.

Quite like the black and red halves idea, with black shorts and red socks.

Blue and red halves would be too much like going back to school, although I have played for the same team as Beattie..................only many, many years before he did.

I think the person or persons who initiated the blue shorts for this season should be named and shamed for an unforgiveable act in trying to drag down the Blackburn Rovers football kit.

I ask, at which time in our rich history did we wear Blue shorts for home games(apart from now) because if we did i'm sure it was an instantly forgetable season.

I feel i can compare this with the lack of understanding from the club about how local people felt towards the Burnley game as they do with the Leicester game, television aside.

Every true Blackburner places the highest of highest emphasis possible on beating Burnley, i feel reputations were really on the line at Ewood if Rovers had not beaten Burnley.... but i question John Williams and his management team on do they really know how the local public judge each Rovers game. All you need to do is go out there and ask them the answers are there.

Sorry but I like the blue shorts tongue.gif

I long ago got fed up with being ripped off with replica shirts. Why the hell should I pay silly money for an overpriced poorly made nylon T shirt? These things went out in the 70s for normal wear. The sponsors free logo always looks naff and ruins the shirt completely. Instead I buy a quality replica shirt with no ugly logo and made of 100% cotton. Never goes out of fashion from season to season and is actually comfortable to wear!

Nike also make Tamworths kit.

We might get Nike.

Wing Commander Pringle! Hope you are well.

Are you referring to the rumoured and made up story of Blackburn Rovers forming a feeder club system with Tamworth Academicals (and getting rid of the existing relationship with Italian Serie G club Circle Bilge), developing great bonds between the two clubs, encouraging fans to travel to both teams games, sharing resources and as you mentioned, maybe even kit manufacturers? (i.e. Nike) 'Cause if you are I reckon you're talking out of your hat.

Puma. That's what I've heard. Ruddy great Puma's on the loose down at Ewood. That's why there are no queues outside the ticket office, too dangerous. Williams should be out there with a shotgun if he's serious about having a reasonable attendence tomorrow. But no. What does he do? Nothing. He's probably feeding the rascals.

[Puma. That's what I've heard. Ruddy great Puma's on the loose down at Ewood. That's why there are no queues outside the ticket office, too dangerous. Williams should be out there with a shotgun if he's serious about having a reasonable attendence tomorrow. But no. What does he do? Nothing. He's probably feeding the rascals.

So that's what happened to the dingles they found when repairing the Darwen End loos.

Actually Bob, i was refering to the rumoured and made up story about Blackburn Rovers forming a feeder club system with Tamworth F.C. not Tamworth Academicals (and getting rid of the existing relationship with Italian Serie G club Circle Bilge), developing great bonds between the two clubs, encouraging fans to travel to both teams games, sharing resources and as you mentioned, maybe even kit manufacturers (i.e. Nike). But you may be right.

I think it'll probably be Uhlsport and we'll have 'We Believe in Football' put on our shirts again.

Blue shorts.... blue blooming shorts to watch Rovers play at home that to me is a big, big problem. Ever since 1970, i have never seen Rovers wear blue shorts for home games and i dont want to, i feel as if we are playing away from home wearing blue shorts. Tradition and standards must be maintained at all costs!

Agree with onepost about white socks with blue shorts but for away games only please. If you want to look good playing football then always try to wear a coloured shirt and shorts with... white socks.

I'll never forget AC.Milan in the early 90's playing in white socks they looked a class above.

Puma. That's what I've heard. Ruddy great Puma's on the loose down at Ewood. That's why there are no queues outside the ticket office, too dangerous. Williams should be out there with a shotgun if he's serious about having a reasonable attendence tomorrow. But no. What does he do? Nothing. He's probably feeding the rascals.

No problem,

Either the geese or the swans will see them off double quick time.

They be scuttling off back to their lairs on Darren Moor before you can say "Bob's your uncle."

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.