SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo!  My jersey arrived!  Now I can actually sport the colors during the FA semis!

(*mumbles*.. I kinda hate being a newbie fan...)

wow.... ANOTHER texan smile.gif

welcome.

that makes what? 5 texans?

Good to know there are other Texan Rover fans around.

I'm actually originally from Dallas. Alas, the only decent player my HS ever produced had to go and sign with Man Ure.

*sigh*

All I know is I've got my venue, my cable, and a good stock of Shiner Bock for tomorrow's game. Go Rovers!

Are you a Longhorn?

I graduated from UT, loved Austin!

Never seemed to find any Blackburn fans there, apart from some admirers of Friedel.

Are you a Longhorn?

I graduated from UT, loved Austin!

Never seemed to find any Blackburn fans there, apart from some admirers of Friedel.

Yep, I am indeed.

Good to know there's another HornRover out there.

Hook Em Rovers... hmmm... that's got a nice ring to it...

Bit of a long shot, but here goes;

Does anyone know of a rovers fan in Cardiff who has a spare ticket for sale.

There has been a bit of a mix up and our group have ended up one short.

Cheers,

Dave

edit::: Sorted now thanx biggrin.gif

Edited by Disko

ARSENAL: Lehmann, Cole. Vieira ©, Pires, Ljungberg, Reyes, Bergkamp, Lauren, Gilberto, Senderos, Toure.

Subs: Almunia, van Persie, Fabregas, Cygan, Aliadiere.

ROVERS: Friedel, Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Matteo, Thompson, Reid, Mokoena, Flitcroft, Pedersen, Dickov.

Subs: Enckelman, Emerton, Tugay, Stead, Savage.

I guess the old man wasn't telling porkies, no Henry or Campbell, but still a very strong team!

COME ON ROVERS! Get to the final, and I'll see you all there! tinykit.gifrover.gif

I believe Arsenal to be the most sensitive football team in the Prem, if not the world....In terms of players being in touch with their feminie sides (in the traditional sense of the phrase) Aresenal win hands down. I've seen players mysteriously injured by air or what is believed to be invisible phenomena on the pitch before, however, these special cricumstances usually only usual apply to a select few; not the whole team. If Viera got off his ass and started playing football he might not be so frustrated with lying on the grass all the time! I know it hurts to get kicked in the leg, but I also know that crying to your mommmy on the floor of Millennium stadium in Cardiff isn't going to help...

End rant...

Blackburn will come back with a early sub of Emerton and a late replacement of Thompson seeing the long awaited return of Savage....

Overtime victory 2 - 1 Rovers!

Is it me or is the ref a lot happier giving free kicks for Arsenal than for us. I'm not talking major decisions (except that off side of Dickov), but, for example, there was one occasion where an Arsenal player step in front of a Rovers player to win possession and then a Rovers player did the same thing to said Aresnal player, but that resulted in a free kick.

Flitcroft got booked for 'high' feet, but two minutes earlier an Arsenal lad had his feet right in the face of a Rovers player and not even a free kick was given.

I don't like seeing Pedersen and Tommo switching wings. If Tommo had been on the right and MGP on the left I don't think Torre would have been open on one edge of the six yard box and Pires free of the other for the goal. Neither seem as effective on the 'wrong' wing and both look a little lost when they are there.

45 minutes left to get this back. C'MON ROVERS!

I believe Arsenal to be the most sensitive football team in the Prem, if not the world....In terms of players being in touch with their feminie sides (in the traditional sense of the phrase) Aresenal win hands down. I've seen players mysteriously injured by air or what is believed to be invisible phenomena on the pitch before, however, these special cricumstances usually only usual apply to a select few; not the whole team. If Viera got off his ass and started playing football he might not be so frustrated with lying on the grass all the time! I know it hurts to get kicked in the leg, but I also know that crying to your mommmy on the floor of Millennium stadium in Cardiff isn't going to help...

You're dead right mode_m. They fall over at the slightest indication that there might be a challenge and then lie there as though they just been shot. Disgraceful behaviour for grown men. I wouldn't be able to show my face in public if I was such a wimp/cheat. My mates would disown me. They go on about Arsenal being such a good footballing side, well their theatrics is not good football in my book.

Arsenal 3 - Rovers 0

Andy Todd 1 - Van Persie 0

He really needs to improve upon his celebrations, last time it was some pose beyond goal, this time he runs straight into a shoulder...

Disspointing outcome, but I'm happy to see that Rovers made it this far...good run, excellent job....time to focus on whats more important though and thats the prem.

• Backroom

What a pisstake. 3-0? Our lack of quality lost us the match today, our work rate was second to none, as usual. We never looked like scoring, and today it really did look like 2nd Vs 14th.

We were never expected to win, but Arsenal today didn't impress me.

3-0.... I can't believe it. Gutted. sad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.