SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen the Freddie Lyungberg interview on SSN ?

Seems like he has destined himself and his Arsenal team mates for a final at Cardiff ?

Only the reporter added that he had better beat Blackburn before thinking that way.

It seems, as is the norm with all of the experts, that Rovers are simply going to Cardiff to give the Arse a warm up match mad.gif

Please please please let this factor come back and bite them on their arses.

Lawrenson,the notary in media pundits and the like have all signalled a Arsenal win, no-one it seems is opting for our little team.

Havent yet seen the odds on a Rovers win but on the above basis I would imagine you can get a good price tinykit.gif

Ladbrokes are offering 11/2 on a Rovers win. Possible insurance bet that stands out though. They're offering 5-2 on an Arsenal win with 2 or less goals being scored in total. £20 on that could pay for the day out if it turns out to be disappointing.

Well, on the train to Cardiff in 2002, one spurs fan seeing I was wearing a Rovers shirt, turned to me, shook my hand and said "cheers for coming to see the Hoddle revolution mate". They all assumed relegation threatened blackburn would be a rollover.

If only I saw that fan on the train back to London.

Here's hoping I meet more arrogant Arsenal fans. It's no fun if they're not.

Well ladies, gentlemen, and Jordan.

The wife is home and ready so I shall jump onto the M6 and down to Bristol.

Ill see some of you tonight, and Ill see 27 others of you on the Wilkywagon bright an early in the morning.

Any problems, my mobile has been circulated to about 9 of you!!

Radio Five Live have just reported that Terry Henry is out of tomorrows game "suffering from fatigue". Poor lad. Too many late nights perhaps? Has he run out of va va voom?

What a sickener!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

(Look - I know you don't believe me but its on Sky Sports News now an all!!)

Edited by bob fleming

Guest Kamy100

I would be very careful about this news. I remember a couple of seasons ago Wenger came out with Henry, Viera and Campbell being out of the game against us, however when the teams were named hey presto they were all in.

I dont believe it either Kamy, we have seen this type of mindgame before.

Until I see the team on the screen in the MS then I will believe that he is playing.

Would be a positive though.

BTW

still 2 places on our coach available. Leaves Leyland 4.30am. Any takers bell me asap as after 4pm I wont be back on the board until Sunday tinykit.gif

Henry has scored 25 premiership goals this season, Blackburn Rovers have scored 28... I'm sure he will be missed if he doesnt play but lets remember that they do have quality throughout the squad as they demonstrated at Ewood with their second string.

Brilliant news if true. Henry can unlock any defence and we'd have had so many problems keeping up with his pace.

The Sun website is suggesting that Sav won't play. Misleading title as he hasn't been ruled out. I think I'd start him on the bench and bring him on for any midfielder who receives a booking. We cannot afford a sending off on such a big pitch, and we cannot afford to pull out of tackles against such a good side. Perhaps having four or five central midfielder on alert will allow them to share the responsibility of big hard tackles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.