Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information for Friday / Saturday night revellers in Cardiff: -

'The Yard' is an alright place to start. It’s the old 'Brains' brewery, there's lots of space etc. That is on High street. The yard is just across the road from o’neills. There are quite a lot of good pubs and bars along there.

If you go up the street from the yard (away from o'neills etc) you'll come to Sam’s bar (? i think) at the end, and then along that street (Mill lane) there are some really nice bars - Moloko is a really great place to go. If you carry along that street you can turn left into a little arcade that take you back to high street. In the arcade is a great little pub called kiwi bar (or something) - that is definitely worth a go. Further up high street (towards the castle) there’s a funky little place called the toucan bar. There's loads more places on high street, but I’ve forgotten their names!

So - if you get to the top of high street you'll be facing the castle, turn right and carry on to Queen street - the main shopping area (pedestrianised), carry on going, and on a street called the priory (or the friary, not sure) there’s a bunch on bars like the ‘Ha Ha bar’ and ‘slug and lettuce’ etc, they're quite nice. If you keep going down queen street for a bit, on one of the streets off to the left you'll see a big old red brick building saying 'Evolution' on the front. That’s just a generic club/bar type place - there's two parts. If you go in the front it's just a club/bar type thing, does mainstream pop/dance till 3 ish; round the back is a bigger club (it's all part of the same thing) and that’s more dance etc. That place is vaguely entertaining, but watch for fighting because it's frequented by valleys thugs.

Also - there’s a big, huge place called Dewi's on Mary Ann street (or somewhere round there). There’s also a big walkabout on high street (but I’m sure you'll see that anyway).

wink.gif

Last time, before the Worthy Final, I got surprisingly pished and ended up in a club, a gay club somewhere near the prison. It was down some steps, amd was as though it was in the cellar of some old victorian townhouse. Does anyone recognise this description, or did I dream it. I would like to revisit it this Friday.

i think if our defence is immense as it has been we have a chance.

scoring goals has been are problem on some occasions this season but after banging in 3 against the saints hopefully we can give arsenal the treatment too.

i think with the noise we can make we will b the 12th man and get a victory!!

stead to bang one in past jens tossp*t lehmann!!

I am staying in Bristol over the full weekend, am lucky to be sharing the petrol costs with 4 of my NUFC supporting mates who I am driving down as well.

The prince of wales (wetherspoons) in Cardiff is quality, has a spiral staircase which, if tactically placed below it, you can see what some ladies have had for breakfast if you know what I mean, erm, I heard.... wink.gif

As for the final, will be happy as long as we give a good account of ourselves, nothing worse than under-performing in such a huge game, and losing!!!!!

come on rovers, relight my fire!

Whatever happens all I want is to feel proud of us.

I remember when Celtic came to Ewood and I expected us to play like we did at Parkhead. We didn't - we froze and embarassed ourselves. We lost both games but one time I was proud to be a Rovers fan and the other time I knew we'd let ourselves down badly.

I 'think' I could stomach losing, but only as long as Arsenal know they've been in a game. This is a real chance for Rovers to get their fans to be truely proud of them, and that's what I think they'll do.

My 5 tickets have arrived today, but cant get to them as they are now in my local Post Office, obviously wasn’t home to sign for the registered delivery….bugger!!

Ditto. Going down to get them now!.

We're staying in the Ocean Park Premier Travel Inn in Cardiff on the Friday evening (many thanks to Hughesy) so it would be nice to meet up with anyone down there.

As for the game I have this strange vision of us nicking an early goal, then defending resolutely for most of the game before breaking away again to score a second in a routine 2-0 win!

rover.giftinykit.gifthumbs-up.gif

If there is a place that does real ale, the local brewary, Brains, does a great beer called Revrand James.

If you wish to sample this try the Cayo Arms, Cottage, Gatekeeper(Weatherspoons) or Westgate.

rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.