Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

I’m not going to the semi final on Saturday;

1.) It’s a bad forecast

2.) The tickets are too expensive

3.) Its too far

4.) The Bovril is thicker than at other away grounds

5.) The match programme is too expensive

6.) There’s a sale on at B & Q and I need a strimmer.

7.) Saving up for the final

8.) Its on the telly

9.) Dragnet is on 7pm and I wont be home for that if I go

10.) I’m a lazy, unappreciative T0SSER

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i've got the train tickets now need the match ticket,what is going to be the best area to get for a bit of atmosphere (ie in with you nutters on here).

Train due in Cardiff Central at 11:05 is there a pub sorted for before and after the game?Cheers.

The way this season is shaping and recent results in the Premiership and even the lower leagues, a shock is definately on the cards.

I wonder what odds a Roves v Newcastle final ?

I am like every level headed Rovers supporter who will deep down think that we are unlikely to win, however Rovers are a totally different proposition, both defensively and mentally.

If Rovers can shut off supply to terry 'enry then we have a magnificent chance.

Every Rovers supporter should get behind the team, be it in the ground, in the pub, down the town or in the living room. Those that miss it could miss the biggest shock since devon loch.

IF and it is a bloody big IF we win and reach the final then those who wavered on going to the semi final might just live to regret it.

Rover can expect 25000 tickets at most for the final.

It makes sense, make the sacrifice, get out the credit cards and spend on a ticket tinykit.giftinykit.gif

IF and it is a bloody big IF we win and reach the final then those who wavered on going to the semi final might just live to regret it.

Rover can expect 25000 tickets at most for the final.

Have to say I think that's a very optimistic view. IF we get to the final I'd be surprised if we got 20,000 and probably not more than 18K.

Doesn't it usually work out roughly 50% of the tickets for the two clubs? Capacity is 72500, which would mean around 36000 for the participating clubs - 18000 each. I'd guess after ST holders and corporate stuff there could be as few as 3000 tickets left.

How many ST holders do we have? 12k or 14k?

I'm driving to Cardif from London,N1.

Never been to Cardif,and taking into account I'm on exactly the same route

as the gooners,has anyone got an idea how long the journey will take?

Forever!!! biggrin.gif

But enjoy it - I certainly will!

See you on the M4 ... unless I change my mind and book into the "expensive hotel" for Friday night!!

It's semi final week!!!!

... I've waited a long time to be able to say that!

2-1 Rovers.

Happy journey home!

Anyone staying over in Cardiff on Friday?

Me, PennyDuff and half of Norway it would seem.

A little bit of Leyland will be there. Me Baz and the missus.

Debs, Gav, GiddyGoat, Ginger and her sister and myself should all be out in Cardiff on Friday night.

[Although staying in Bridgend ... but last train back from Cardiff is 1:39am so reckon that'll be OK!!]

Bring it on!!!

rover.gif went to cheltenham for the races and the pubs were open at 9am for food,beer from 10am.

i've listened to a couple of cup final mornings on talksport and they are always in a pub at 9am.

so i reckon the boozer's will be open early doors on saturday. tinykit.gif

Staying in Caerphilly and getting the train into Cardiff on Friday night for a no holds barred session.

Where is everyone doing their drinking? I don't want to walk into the Slaughtered Lamb prior to getting my head kicked in.

Do we not have any members familiar with Cardiff who could suggest somewhere ? The only suggested names so far are the Prince of Wales, which comes under ths no chuffin way category and a wetherspoons, hardly a football pub.

We found a great little pub prior to the game at Ninian Park, but it was trek from the millenium.

Do we not have any members familiar with Cardiff who could suggest somewhere ? The only suggested names so far are the Prince of Wales, which comes under ths no chuffin way category and a wetherspoons, hardly a football pub.

We found a great little pub prior to the game at Ninian Park, but it was trek from the millenium.

I can see me ending up in that rough pub!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.