BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

Do we not have any members familiar with Cardiff who could suggest somewhere ? The only suggested names so far are the Prince of Wales, which comes under ths no chuffin way category and a wetherspoons, hardly a football pub.

We found a great little pub prior to the game at Ninian Park, but it was trek from the millenium.

advice from a mate who's from those parts ...

Depending on where you're staying, Roath is a decent option, its nearly in student land so a good atmosphere but its much quieter and much cheaper than the centre which is chaos normally....

......if you have to be in the centre then anywhere bar St Mary's Street (the first main street you get to from the station walking to town) should be ok. If you can make your way as far as the ice rink/cardiff international arena (5 mins), there's a really good large pub on the corner (not the Springbok bar which'll be rammed!).

My tip would be Roath personally!

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are staying on Cardiff Bay- 9 of us on the friday and saturday- apparently there is loads of nice bars and restaurants, so will probably drink around there.

as for the game, 1-1 in normal time, rovers losing on penalties- heartbreaking. sad.gif

Come on the lads!

I can confirm there are plenty of good drinking establishments in the Roath area. My folks lived there many years ago. Can't recommend anywhere in particular though.

don't no weather it has been mentioned anywhere but rovers were selling £25 tickets 2 day

Rovers have had £25 tickets available all along. But for a long time no IT'S ONLY SINGLES.

People were asking for 2 or more tickets and being told they couldn't have them so the word spread that none were available. However, as long as you happy not to sit with your mates there are still (or at least were on Saturday) £25 tickets available.

don't no weather it has been mentioned anywhere but rovers were selling £25 tickets 2 day

Rovers have had £25 tickets available all along. But for a long time no IT'S ONLY SINGLES.

People were asking for 2 or more tickets and being told they couldn't have them so the word spread that none were available. However, as long as you happy not to sit with your mates there are still (or at least were on Saturday) £25 tickets available.

Just read on the FA website that the reasoning for having the semi's in Cardiff is enable the most supporters to see the games. In which they state Man Utd, Newcastle Utd, and Arsenal will have over thirty thousand at their game. Well what about the smaller clubs who don't have as many fans, to replace the fans who don't go to cardiff!!! I hope there are stall sellers outside the ground selling shirts saying FA / (F*****G A**E) that way the muppets at the FA can by the shirts so they can be STONED TO DEATH, for the half time entertainment!!! withstupid.gif

Ive heard the kick-off time could be delayed due to the train problem in London. Thousands have bought there tickets and will be turned down because they need to reserve seats. and none of the FOUR saturday morning ones have any seats left

so it could be 15,000 on each side!! biggrin.gif

Edited by greggyk

Not heard anything like that Greggy, hope your right smile.gif

A couple of extra hours to get to Cardiff will do me just fine, it allows a few extra pints of the ale to get really ready for the match !! tinykit.gif

as for the FA T-shirt, I am pretty sure its a good seller rolleyes.gif

Ive heard the kick-off time could be delayed due to the train problem in London. Thousands have bought there tickets and will be turned down because they need to reserve seats. and none of the FOUR saturday morning ones have any seats left

I hope it is delayed just to let the FA look stupid and incompetant, for having the kick off time so early! That way i can start my campain to be the new chariman of th FA. Anybody backing me???????????????????????? withstupid.gif

can you please tell me where you heard that from ??

I have spoke to 3 different rail enquiries and the Western rail company regarding tickets on a train from Reading to Cardiff this morning, told that there was no problem, seats were not available to be reserved, first on - gets a seat.

My brother and his 2 mates are travelling from Winchester, they goto reading then to cardiff - I told the rail company that i assumed the trains would be full of gooners, not apparently so to them ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

Me thinks i may need to be ringing up again in the morning.

I've read it on a couple of Arsenal forums and also people have been saying it on here. Apparetly arse fans have rung up great western trains and been told there would be no way you can get on a train from paddington to cardiff at either 7:23, 8:00, 8:08 or 9:00 unless you have reserved a seat. And they have been booked up since 3 weeks ago.

Just complain to the station you got you tickets from and get a refund. Take the megabus.

Edited by greggyk

who is going to cardiff? if so, where are you sitting? im 15 rows behind the net and wil be the little kid with his hair sprayed blue and with a massive horn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tinykit.gif

Edited by sambo

The big question is whether we have enough offensively to bother Arsenal. For a couple of weeks I've been worried we won't have enough attacking capability to bother Arsenal and since it is a semi final a 0-0 won't suffice. Any gunner thinking it'll be a walkover is a muppet, and I've every confidence Rovers won't take a battering and let in a hatfull. Even so stoping Arsenal from scoring is a tall order - and besides a goal can come from an unstopable piece of brilliance or a flukey bit of luck - Rovers can't rely on not having to score and take it to penalties. We'll probably have to get at least one goal, possibly two if we're to win. The big question is do we have that in us?

After Southampton I'm tempted to say yes. The odds are still against us, but after the display against Southampton the team has proved it has goals in it. Granted Arsenal aren't Southampton, but the longer it stays 0-0, and we know Rovers defence is capable of limiting Arsenal's chances, the more desperate they'll become and hopefully the gaps will open up for Rovers. In a way our defensive stability could be our biggest offensive asset.

To me we have to stay with the tried and tested 4-5-1. Rumour has it Savage will be back, which in a straight swap for Flitty would normally be an improvement to the side though after so long out he may be below par. I'd have Emerton in for Tommo even if Tommo's not injured. Emo is better defensively IMO and has shown a couple of times recently that he can really hurt teams when he runs at them. The rest of the midfield picks itself. We cannot risk the inconsistency of Tugay. I reckon this is where the game will be won, as the best way to top Henry (and how we did it last time) is to stop him getting the ball. The midfield will have to be on top of their game to limit the service the strikers get.

The defence picks itself, and for once I'm going to go with Matteo at left back, as I can't see our full backs getting much opportunity to attack. Bit worried what Arsenal's pace will do to him though. Up front it has to be Dickov, as Arsenal have looked a bit jittery at the back of late so hopefully Dickov can add to that and force them into a few errors.

Overall I reckon the heart says a 1-0 win for Rovers in an epic, Emerton being the hero with a brilliant brek away goal (though it can come from anywhere as long as we win.)

Great preview by sox. Have wquite a few Arsenal mates so hopefully will be able to get a few Q&As sorted before Saturday.

nice read BB

but lease consider giving Rovers players and the backroom staff a little bit of credit ohmy.gif

We know arse are good

we know they have first class players but are they any better than united ?

we know how fast they can break

we know we will be outnumbered

and

we know shocks can happen

0-0 at full time is an excellent achievement

0-0 at extra time final whislte is a miracle

Rovers are capable of scoring be it united, arsenal or whoever.

At some time the little team is gonna upset the bigger team and it could just be a double this weekend.

Got to remain optimistic although in reality Rovers are expected to be cannon fodder biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.