BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Arsenal 3 v 0 Rovers - Cup Semi Final

Nuclearsox

anyway does anyone know what the gooner fans are predicting. besides being over confiedent.

Asked an Arsenal mate Steve what he thought about the game:

Q: Firstly how do you feel about the semis being at Cardiff?

A: It would be better if they were somewhere else, makes the final less special to have the semis there as well

Q: Last season you were 'unbeatable' in the league, this season your not, and are 11 points behind the leaders Chelsea. What went wrong?

A: Injuries - especially to Gilberto who breaks up the opposition's play, protects the back four and allows Viera to get more involved in the attack.

Q: Despite a good cup record under Wenger you've lost a few cup games in the last season or two, to Premiership teams Man United and Chelsea. Is the bottle going out of the team and are they likely to bottle another semi?

A: Have only lost one semi final in the last four years, and made three finals, i think that arsenal will want to win the cup just as much as any other team out there and are more than capable of it

Q: Most of the team are pretty useful but who in particular is in good form at the moment?

A: Henry, two hatricks in recent weeks, a good performance from him could be the difference on the day

Q: Which of Blackburn's players do you think will cause you the most problems?

A: Pedersen is definatly one of the in form blackburn players at the moment

Q: What's the probable line up?

A: Lehmann, Cole, Toure, Campbell, Lauren, Ljunberg, Pires, Vieira, Gilberto, Reyes, Henry

Q: What type of game do you think it will be?

A: I think arsenal will try and play their usual style of attacking football,

trying to pass and keep the ball as much as possible making blackburn work as much as possible.

Q: If you were Rovers what would your game plan be?

A: To try and win!!!

Q: Predicted score and scorers?

A: No idea

Q: IF you get past us, who would you prefer in the final?

A: Man Utd, without a doubt it would be the best cup final in years

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Mark Lawrenson making full use of his 'Copy and Paste' functions on his PC:

'I can't for the life of me think where Blackburn's goals are going to come from if they're going to win.'

rolleyes.gif

He quotes a 1-0 win to the Arse biggrin.gif

Idiot tongue.gif

Your right, Leftwinger and BRFC4EVA, his prediction does give us more of a chance. Changed my face to suit thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Roaming Rover

Lawrensen predicting defeat is a bonus. The man's a rag eyed gonk- who usually gets it wrong. Cheers Lawro.

Excellent, that defo gives us a better chance of winning. Nice to see the copy and paste service is still working at the bbc!

Anyone know where the arsenal team are staying on friday night? MAybe we could arrange for someone to set a few alarms off in the middle of the night? wink.gif

Good idea we could arrange a sing a long outside their hotel, when it's kicking out time in the pubs and clubs. Anybody know were they are staying??? withstupid.gif

Anyone know where the arsenal team are staying on friday night? MAybe we could arrange for someone to set a few alarms off in the middle of the night? wink.gif

Good idea we could arrange a sing a long outside their hotel, when it's kicking out time in the pubs and clubs. Anybody know were they are staying??? withstupid.gif

according to the Sunday Sport Arsenal are at the Travelodge at Newport. wink.gif

Cup semi-final fever has managed to knock Super 12 Rugby off the front page of the weekend sports section of Ryan Nelsen's home town newspaper (The Press, Christchurch). There is a full page shot of Ryan winning the ball from Wayne Rooney at OT. And further in, there is an extensive double page spread on his Blackburn career to date. That is unheard coverage for football in NZ in the midst of the Super 12.

The article also mentions that Rovers chat rooms have dubbed him Admiral Nelsen.

But the only story in the on-line version reveals that Nelsen will play the semi with a broken thumb, sustained in the last 5 mins at OT.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/thepress/0,21...44a6429,00.html

We'll being watching here in the pub, kick off 11:15pm Saturday night local time.

Does anyone know when and which channel the match will be shown on television in Australia?

In NZ, it's on ESPN 11pm, 9pm AEST), if that helps. wink.gif

I was in Melbourne earlier in the week and noted that SBS said that they are not showing it live in Oz - delayed by about 2 hours.

its on at 10:45pm on SBS.....

originally SBS had planned to show both semis live with no delays, guess they didnt think it would be a stupid kick off time in the UK so now they are delaying it by 2 hours, im guessing so as not to clash with AFL, NRL etc on the commercial channels

Last place I expected any pre-match banter with the opposition was at today's antenatal class with the wife. When asked by the facilitator what special item of clothing we had bought the baby, this one dad-to-be said "An Arsenal football shirt". I don't know if it was the 20 or so pregnant women all going "Aaaah" in unison or the pre-match tension but I couldn't help myself and replied "Yeah, but that's not as good as the Rovers babygrow I've got". I suppose I should have realised that the audience weren't really interested in, or understood the significance of my response, but from that moment on I lost all interest in learning about natural child birth and spent the rest of the session exchanging glares with the other guy. Suffice to say the wife was a bit disappointed with my attitude and even told me to stop being immature and to grow up!

I just hope he's not brought before me for sentencing............. wink.gif

Last place I expected any pre-match banter with the opposition was at today's antenatal class with the wife. When asked by the facilitator what special item of clothing we had bought the baby, this one dad-to-be said "An Arsenal football shirt". I don't know if it was the 20 or so pregnant women all going "Aaaah" in unison or the pre-match tension but I couldn't help myself and replied "Yeah, but that's not as good as the Rovers babygrow I've got". I suppose I should have realised that the audience weren't really interested in, or understood the significance of my response, but from that moment on I lost all interest in learning about natural child birth and spent the rest of the session exchanging glares with the other guy. Suffice to say the wife was a bit disappointed with my attitude and even told me to stop being immature and to grow up!

I just hope he's not brought before me for sentencing............. wink.gif

Firstly, congrats.

Secondly, I bet you are looking forward to next week!! Rub in the victory...

The weekend started last night, so setting off in an hour with a bad heed!

All lucky clothing items are packed, including boxers that now resemble the Turin Shroud they are so old, and emergency Holsten in my travel case.

For once in my life, let me get what I want,

Lord knows it would be the first time...

See you in Cardiff boyos!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.