BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

Jansen will take a while to get this sharpness back - he has been out for a long, long time.

Good to see him scoring... considering he was out of the game for a while his goals to games ratio is still quite good - keep the faith!!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps he sees shifting Enks on as a way to make some good money.

336341[/snapback]

And save on wages. There must be a reason why an international goalie with a fairly good reputation as a shot stopper (if not as the most reliable player) is happy to waste away his career on our bench.

Who bought Encks in the first place, was it Souness or Hughes?

Never remember things like that..

Am I the only one thinking we have too few friendlies, considering Sparky's rotation in the friendlies up until now..?

Edited by herbergeehh

Having been to the game I'll give my version of what went on.

Jay looks fat and awkward every time the ball gets close to him. It was hardly suprising to see him injured.

Neither keeper looked outstanding.

Matteo strolled through the game, it may have only been Grimsby but he was a class act.

Gallagher is lazy and thinks he's made it. He needs to change his attitude and find a position to play in consistently well.

Taylor looks promising. He gets forward well and had a couple of decent efforts.

The sooner we get rid of Flitcroft and Douglas the better. How Douglas managed to get a 4 year deal I'll never know - oh hang on yes I do, Souness was the manager.

Gresko and Gray linked up well down the left.

Savage took a great free kick in the first minute which was destined for the top corner until the Grimsby keeper flew across to tip it up and over. Also Sav's delivery for Matteo's header was superb - Grimsby's marking on this occasion was dreadful. With Sav and MGP for the first time in years we have a couple of players capable of of causing problems for the oppostion rather than ourselves.

Jansen took his goal well and for some reason I just think he might be getting back to his old level. I saw some a his twisting and turning like the good old days. He isn't quite at match speed yet, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

None of the young guns stood out particuarly. If forced to pick one young Taylor looks consistent.

An enjoyable evening in Grimsby even if it was watching the second string.

Jay looks fat and awkward every time the ball gets close to him. It was hardly suprising to see him injured.

336520[/snapback]

Wasnt it sergio peter who went off injured? or did jay as well?

Think Dickov played well, even though he seems to be lacking a bit of pace. Savage as well had a solid game. Nice to see matty grab a goal.

Wasnt it sergio peter who went off injured? or did jay as well?

Think Dickov played well, even though he seems to be lacking a bit of pace. Savage as well had a solid game. Nice to see matty grab a goal.

336525[/snapback]

Peter got walloped in the face just before half time.

Jay (after going over mid way through the first half) was subbed just into the second, holding his ankle.

Peter got walloped in the face just before half time.

Jay (after going over mid way through the first half) was subbed just into the second, holding his ankle.

336529[/snapback]

aaaaahhhhhhh must have been in the pub at that point

Matteo was by far and away the man of the match for me, playing at centre back. 

336345[/snapback]

Hmmmm interesting. Perhaps if Gresko can recapture the form of his loan spell, Matteo can be used in the center as a replacement for Nelsen or Todd in the case of injury? An in-form Gresko and Taylor available at left back, with Matteo providing the ability to play either at that position or center half, would be a big boost for Rovers defense.

Having been to the game I'll give my version of what went on.

Neither keeper looked outstanding.

Matteo strolled through the game, it may have only been Grimsby but he was a class act.

Gallagher is lazy and thinks he's made it. He needs to change his attitude and find a position to play in consistently well.

Taylor looks promising. He gets forward well and had a couple of decent efforts.

The sooner we get rid of Flitcroft and Douglas the better. How Douglas managed to get a 4 year deal I'll never know - oh hang on yes I do, Souness was the manager.

Gresko and Gray linked up well down the left.

Savage took a great free kick in the first minute which was destined for the top corner until the Grimsby keeper flew across to tip it up and over. Also Sav's delivery for Matteo's header was superb - Grimsby's marking on this occasion was dreadful. With Sav and MGP for the first time in years we have a couple of players capable of of causing problems for the oppostion rather than ourselves.

Jansen took his goal well and for some reason I just think he might be getting back to his old level. I saw some a his twisting and turning like the good old days. He isn't quite at match speed yet, but I remain cautiously optimistic.

None of the young guns stood out particuarly. If forced to pick one young Taylor looks consistent.

An enjoyable evening in Grimsby even if it was watching the second string.

336520[/snapback]

Pretty good summing up of the evening. Bright sun in our eyes all thru the first half made it look like the Rovers fans were saluting the home 'support'. Or maybe checking they were still there, given how quiet they were. They made Ewood seem passionate!

No-one stood out but Matteo was most noticeable. Savage's delivery from free kicks remains the best part of his game. It took a good part of the first half to work out who was actually playing after both the tannoy announcer and the 20p teamsheet got it totally wrong.

Jansen looked genuinely chuffed with the support he was getting, and he seemed to take his goal very well. But he still seems to have a way to go and wouldve been anonymous putting in that display against Premiership opposition. (To be fair he was no worse than anyone else. The only edge we showed over Grimsby was a greater percentage of possession. And better finishing, given how weak theirs was).

Interesting to find out later that our goalie was a trialist. He did look nervous and none too convincing on the occasions he was called into action.

A shame we didnt get to see Bellamy or Kuqi, but I suppose Hughes will give them a runout against Espanyol.

ps- rover.gif = quick donning of a Rovers party hat to celebrate my 300th post!

Disappointing that Bellamy isn't playing today.  Must be a doubt for West Ham at this rate.

337116[/snapback]

Not even a sub... sad.gif

Maybe he'll start from the bench next Saturday.

Looks like it'll be Kuqi + Dickov/Jansen to start vs West Ham

I will be interested in how everyone thinks Mokoena has done as a CB today(once you lot are home from a sunny day out at Ewood! smile.gif )

Also it seems that Reid has been "at the heart of everything good" in the first half for Rovers.

Florida Rover

Edited by Florida Rover

The Hoochie Kuki man just scored! 3-0 rovers

Surely there is a terrace song in there somewhere!Perhaps some enterprising songster can redo Muddy Waters "Hoochie Coochie Man" in the vein of our Flying Finn.{Albanian?}

Florida Rover

Kuki again.4-0 Rovers

Edited by Florida Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.