BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely 9 or 10 out of the players starting today won't start against West Ham, no worries! Hughes is just giving everyone a fair chance to prove themself before the new season kicks off...

I will be more interested in our performance against Espanyol as I'm pretty sure we will field a strong XI for that one..

I think so. I would think we would need a few minutes tonight at least if he is to be able to play a part against West Ham as he has barely played any pre-season games, with only Espanyol to come.

Is this a sign of things to come with Bellamys injuries?!?!

I also heard these comments off our manager Hughes regarding bellamy.It just shows our manager tells porkies but why play mind games in pre-season and with who is he playing these mind games,no other then Swansea and Grimsby.

So how old is Keith Treacy, 16 or 17 I'm guessing from unleaded's little bio? Sounds a good prospect, and while it's a bit too soon to be calling him the new Duff, I think it's certainly positive for kids his age to be training and playing with the first team during the preseason. It can only bode well for the future.

The presence of a trial goalie in Fredici is interesting. We were apparently interested in Stuart Taylor earlier in the summer, and now a trialist at the position? Maybe Hughes isn't satisfied with Enks as cover?

Well, after just getting home from the game and its only 10.30 pm it does make a change. Must be what a home game feels like to all you rovers fans that live in blackburn.

Rovers win 2-1

Matteo heads home a lovely dead ball in from Savage. We could have some good set pieces this season if MGP and Savage can keep their deliveries coming.

Jay has another injury that means he has to be substituted early in the second half.

Also think that Sergio Peter had an injury in the first half.

Jansen scores - Yippee!! Unfortunately I do not believe that he can start above dickov in the pecking order. Dickov put himself about well in the first half.

Funniest thing seen in along while, around the 65 min mark, the ball goes for a goal kick and the entire grimsby line up all march to the centre circle and applaud the fans and the reserve line up from the bench all come on and replace them.

"cheerio cheerio" comes from the rovers end. smile.gif

Still a bit worried about gresko's so called defending. From a couple of set pieces he still seems more interested in grabbing the attacker rather than getting the ball clear.

Seemed to hear the announcer state that gallagher came on at half time to replace gresko, yet both started the second half. I think that Gary Harkins came on twice ( There's only 2 Gary Harkins) in the second half.

Rovers seemed to give the ball away too easily and the grimsby 2nd team had a bit of pace and got behind the defence a few times late on. Although their finishing left a lot to be desired.

All in all, some more minutes play for savage and a win for rovers.

So how old is Keith Treacy, 16 or 17 I'm guessing from unleaded's little bio?  Sounds a good prospect, and while it's a bit too soon to be calling him the new Duff, I think it's certainly positive for kids his age to be training and playing with the first team during the preseason.  It can only bode well for the future.

The presence of a trial goalie in Fredici is interesting.  We were apparently interested in Stuart Taylor earlier in the summer, and now a trialist at the position?  Maybe Hughes isn't satisfied with Enks as cover?

336325[/snapback]

Or perhaps he sees shifting Enks on as a way to make some good money. If we can find a free replacement to be the back-up keeper who can do the job in a decent manner, considering how infrequently Friedel is injured, then we may be able to get, let's say, 800k-1 million for Enks and then use that money in areas of the team that need to be improved. Perhaps not a smart move considering Brads age, but just an idea.

It was killing me all game who that keeper was. I assumed he was Drench, until Drench came on. Hes not up to Enks standard, coca cola leagues keeper imo.

I took the family along, as they all live nearby in Scunthorpe and so loved being in the away end watching the codheads have that done to them. Rovers werent all that good, but after the half hour mark GY were simply unable to do anything due to the fitness levels (my father watched Scunthorpe vs GY last week and reckons that the codheads have fitness problems on a Souness level.)

Matteo was by far and away the man of the match for me, playing at centre back.

Gresko looked quite good going forward, noticed he had to be helped out by an excellent challange by Matteo as he was caught out in a forward position.

Jansen looked like two different players every time he touched the ball - one minute he was falling over the (only!) ball, next he looked like his old self. Took his goal well by the looks of it, although it was at the opposite end. Got the biggest cheer from the rovers fans by far when he left the pitch.

Jemal Johnson looked very lively when he came on. He will turn into an amazing lower leagues player for sure, its just a question of if he can get his strength up and the experience to play at the top level. very nice first touch on him

Grimsby really didnt have a lot to offer. Rovers let them selves down a lot with the attacking players first touches, although by the looks of things Hughesy seems to have some sort of plan with the attacking front line. Their fans all appeal for anything and sneak out 10 minutes early, although to be fair Rovers were taking the p*iss towards the end - it would have been nice to see them try and bag a couple more towards the end.

We are going into the new season not knowing how it feels like to lose...

I'm not arsed how we play or who we beat, winning is the best confidence boost we an have... Without Bellamy makes it even better for the so called 'lesser' players.... I'm optimistic.

With Bellamy we'll be sh*t hot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.