BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

I went morcambe on Saturday too – cracking day out

2700 in the ground, around 2/3 of them were rovers fans.

Impressed with Bellamy’s speed and Kuqi-monsters power – his goal was very good, showed great strength and unusual for a rovers player not to hit the top of the stand after a run like his. I also thought that Taylor did a good job at full back.

Was chatting to Mokoena (1st half) Bellamy/ Hughes/ Dickov and Tugay throughout the second half. All were very good, happy to sign autographs and have pics taken. I had my pic taken with Bellamy, while the bird had her taken with Tugay, Hughes and Mokoena.

Also noticed that there were at least 10 Newcastle supporters there. All come to see Bellamy for 1 last time and said that their loss was our gain and that they want Souness out! Oh what a shame!

Very optimistic for the new season, we already looked very fit compared to this stage last season.

333422[/snapback]

she goes for the lookers then tongue.gif

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread but this website reckon Rovers' first team will be playing Workington Reds at Borough Park this wednesday!?!

Won't the team still be in Germany?

http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/sport/viewar....aspx?id=265307

unsure.gif

334794[/snapback]

They're a non-league team.

Seeing that the reserves played Ashton Utd (another non-league side) on Saturday, I think it's likely that they'll play instead of the 1st team.

bought my ticket for Swansea away this saturday. £10 + £2 bucks for postage!!

1st time ill be seing them play this season, cant wait, hopefully matty jansen and bellamy will start up front!!

going to get steaming, watch the rovers give swansea a good dicking then party all night so i have a hangova sunday when i go on me hols to Magaluf thumbs-up.gifbiggrin.gif

yeah the stadium has moved from the vetch field to morfa.

the stadium hasn't officially been named yet because they are hoping for a sponser to buy in i.e. JJB stadium.

At the moment it is called the morfa white rock stadium, looks alright but another problem though is that it is due to hold a capacity of 20,000plus but they have not gained a safety certificuit for part of the ground.

As for pubs, yates is a well good laugh. it location in swansea centre on the square opposite mcdonalds.

well large pub, does well good good food too and loads off disscounts on drinks, sells some unbelievable shots too blink.gif .

round the corner then is wine street, loads of well decent pubs on that road if you are looking for a pub crawl biggrin.gifthumbs-up.gif

the city centre is about 1 mile to the ground, i dont really know any pubs down by morfa.

on sky sports on saturday it was called the morfa stadium?????

335251[/snapback]

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/...-name_page.html

The capacity thing is very normal as well, increase it slowly. 12400 for Fulham, went ok so 16k for us, if that goes ok 20,000 capacity available for the next game.

They are doing it at Wembley as well.

The tickets for Espanyol are now on sale. £15 for adults, £5 young adults and seniors and £1 for juniors.

Should get a crowd of about 10k I would imagine.

335383[/snapback]

£15 is a bit expensive for a friendly game I don’t care who its against

£15 is a bit expensive for a friendly game I don’t care who its against

335386[/snapback]

Why ? Which of the club's outgoings (players wages, staff wages, heating, lighting, concourse stock etc) are reduced because it's a friendly ?

I've been wondering about the whole point of doing a "international" pre-season home friendly, it's obvious that the majority of the fans don't care enough to turn up (or don't think they are value for money, perhaps "care" is unfair), so the club enevitably has to drop the price to get some punters in, massively reducing the income (which being a pre-season isn't going to have TV revenue or away fans to prop it up). I'd imagine that the club must be losing money hosting these games, a cost which has to be made up elsewhere (be it a rise in match prices, or insufficient funds to get McCarthy). Surely we'd be better off not doing them ?

Whilst I expect to be at both, Grimsby is more important to me than Espanyol, regardless of the ticket prices.

PS. Don't get me wrong, if people are on a limited budget, £15 for a friendly or £17 for a home game, it's a no brainer which you'd go for. But if people don't feel £15 is value, should the club persist in organising them ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.