BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preseasons - UK Ones

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was absolutely amazed at the way espanol approached the game...is it possible that they can be punished by Uefa for their conduct throughout the game? In all honesty they should've had more send off....especially the late tackle on Savage's groin!

On the plus side i though Kuqi was outstanding.....first time ive seen him and after what has been said on here i was more than suprised. His movement was excellent and he looked good running at the defenders. Reid was also superb and ran the midfield.

Bring on saturday!

Winning 4-0 against Espanyol sounds like a really strong result, just hope they played their best players, didn't know many of the names in their starting XI. It will be a hughe disappointment if Bellamy ain't playing against West Ham, as we can not afford having our star forward out injured...

Edited by krislu

Some definite big pluses this afternoon.

Gresko - a far more talented footballer than anyone else we have who can play left back. His first time cross for Reid's goal was superb. Hopefully the fact he's featured so much in the last 2 friendlies and todays unfriendly, means he is 1st choice in the position.

Savage - looking fit and was able to control the midfield. All being well we will be seeing the best of him in the next season.

Kuqi - I have a sneaking feeling the guy is going to become a bit of cult at Ewood. He is strong, suprisingly quick, and he can get in the right place as well.

Taylor / Harkins - both looked good and not out of place (admittedly against 9 men). However, as Taylor has featured in all preseason matches so I think Hughes sees him as possessing the potential to make it.

Some definite big pluses this afternoon.

Gresko - a far more talented footballer than anyone else we have who can play left back.  His first time cross for Reid's goal was superb.  Hopefully the fact he's featured so much in the last 2 friendlies and todays unfriendly, means he is 1st choice in the position.

Savage - looking fit and was able to control the midfield.  All being well we will be seeing the best of him in the next season.

Kuqi - I have a sneaking feeling the guy is going to become a bit of cult at Ewood.  He is strong, suprisingly quick, and he can get in the right place as well.

Taylor / Harkins - both looked good and not out of place (admittedly against 9 men).  However, as Taylor has featured in all preseason matches so I think Hughes sees him as possessing the potential to make it.

337233[/snapback]

So who was the invisible right winger who challenged Gresko at every opportunity ? there wasnt one.... easy life for the full back.

Savage didnt look fully fit but then again ten or nine men might have made it look that way.

Kuqi did look like a natural goalscorer though, whilst Dickovs first touch was awfull to say the least. An easy a pre season game as Rovers will ever face.

As for Taylor he was very very weak on his right foot, the experience though will have done him good long term if he can work on it his right foot.

Match News Report

An enjoyable afternoons entertainment up to the Jansen incident.

The injury to Matt looked bad at the time, so it put a bit of a dampner on the afternoon until I heard Hughes and Jansen being interviwed after the game.

As Modi stated Kuqi could possibly become the new cult figure at Rovers, he's solid and isnt easily knocked off the ball, hes sharp and suprisingly quick off the mark and could suprise a few premiership defenders. (I mean Kuqi not Modi)

Steven Reid is looking the part, and seems to have found his true vocation in the centre of midfield.

Gesko could have reserected his career and provided some fine cross field passing, although neither he or the team were really tested by Espanyol, who tended to sit deap, seldom attacking the Rovers. There again maybe that was due to the fact that Rovers dominated the game with Reid and Savage controlling midfield.

ps I like the new strip, although a red trim to the white socks may have been better than the blue trim.

Match News Report he's solid and isnt easily knocked off the ball, hes sharp and suprisingly quick off the mark and could suprise a few premiership defenders. (I mean Kuqi not Modi)

337239[/snapback]

So could I, although I did have trouble shaking off a marker at the Millenium Stadium. smile.gif

I CAN OFFICIALLY SAY THAT I HAVNT BEEN AS EXCITED FOR THE SEASON TO START AS I FEEL NOW!!

LETS MAKE IT A GOOD ONE!!

THANKGOD FOR HUGHES COACHING SKILLS ( SOUNESS U SUK AT COACHING.. GO BUY PLAYERS!! GO ON THATS ALL U CAN DO!!!)

Before anybody gets carried away most of the Rovers players didnt look fully fit and it didnt help their cause when Espanyol had a player sent off, then it became slightly easier.

Just hope fanny Hammers arent as fit.

In answer to Florida Rover.

Kuqi didnt do his airoplane celibration dive.

With a gate of 5600 approx the atmospher wasnt there and no chant really errupted for Kuqi.

Espanyol didnt cause the Rovers defence much trouble resulting in The Axe having a solid but unspectacular game. oops apart from a tackle from behind on an Espanyol player on the edge of our box in the first half.

The Jansen incident looked nastie, with the keeper charging in, but I dont think the keeper went in with malice in mind.

In answer to Florida Rover.

Kuqi didnt do his airoplane celibration dive.

With a gate of 5600 approx the atmospher wasnt there and no chant really errupted for Kuqi.

Espanyol didnt cause the Rovers defence much trouble resulting in The Axe having a solid but unspectacular game. oops apart from a tackle from behind on an Espanyol player on the edge of our box in the first half.

The Jansen incident looked nastie, with the keeper charging in, but I dont think the keeper went in with malice in mind.

337243[/snapback]

Cheers Alan

A huge tribute to the powers of digital cameras and an 80% empty ground allowing supporters to be DIY roving press photographers!

337278[/snapback]

The photos are supplied by Teamtalk Media Group, which includes Rivals.net,sportinglife.com, TEAMtalk.com, Sportal.com, golf365.com, planet-f1.com, Bettingzone.co.uk. ohh and our friends at football365.com,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.