BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Future

Just one minor issue with the new format and was wondering if someone would clear it up for me. When quoting now the quote is included in the text box in which you type the reply, often this leads to me deleting something important I suppose so the quote simply says /quote or something of the sort a couple of lines after it rather than form an seperate box, what exactly do I have to do to get the quote box?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as an FYI UsaBlue, the fast reply has been there for months. Only in the messageboard though.

The board will not look like this - this is the generic design that comes with the package - every IPB looks like this out of the box. Since it is a new version the brfcs.com look must be integrated manually.

Hey, I just noticed, what does the warn thingy mean.  Mine says warn 0%, I don't see it on anyone elses.

317112[/snapback]

The warn thingy has always been there, you would previously have found it in My Controls. Yours will be visible to you and no one else, it's the same for everyone, The % will be zero for all members as no one is on a warning, currently!!

Eddie quoting:

I haven't had much time to play but had similar problems with quoting. At the bottom of each post is a button marked - "Reply - this quotes in the same way as the previous version. It replaces the Quote button on the previous MB. I haven't got the hang of the multi-quote thing yet.

At the bottom of the page are the Fast Reply and Add Reply buttons which work in the usual way

On the members numbering thing I think I can solve that. I'm talking purely from memory here. There are several members, self included, whose joining date is incorrect. This goes back to an upgrade in 2001 when I think we had to set everybodys joining date to the date when the MB was upgraded.

I like the ignore user option. That could come very handy for some of the over enthusiastic new members

316773[/snapback]

Where is that button? I really, really feel the need to use it.

TIA.

As alluded to by Clare earlier on re topics remaining marked as not read.

Please keep this function on the new MB going as its great to read at leisure.On the old MB each time you visited the board you had to read all the topics and if you didn't the board markers assumed you had.

As alluded to by Clare earlier on re topics remaining marked as not read.

I take that back as it no longer seems to be the case unsure.gif

You're putting words into my mouth also, because as far as I am aware I never said that either tongue.gif

- Sometimes if I go onto a forum, the messageboard for example, but then close the window without reading anything. When I go back to the forum it says that I've read all the threads when I haven't.

This is what I meant Clare

Edited by SouthAussieRover

- Sometimes if I go onto a forum, the messageboard for example, but then close the window without reading anything. When I go back to the forum it says that I've read all the threads when I haven't.

This is what I meant Clare

317276[/snapback]

That is in the distant past, like I can remember that far back.

However it brings me on to a new little feature that I think is quite cool. The snapback thing. I deleted it from my first few posts but it's quite clever. Allows you go jump back to the original post. I like!

What does it mean at the bottom of the little bit to the left on mine where it says:

Warn:.....

????

Any help?

317287[/snapback]

it's a facility whereby, if you break the posting guidelines, you could find yourself on the wrong end of a battering from the mods. smile.gif

By the time it reaches 4, Ste B comes round your house (using the IP address of the computer you use). So if you use a public computer, you should be ok.

With 5, he comes round with a cricket bat (and he ain't selling)

By the time it reaches 4, Ste B comes round your house (using the IP address of the computer you use). So if you use a public computer, you should be ok.

317291[/snapback]

You can't get someone's address from an IP address, only the ISP the IP belongs to tongue.gif

317291[/snapback]

You can't get someone's address from an IP address, only the ISP the IP belongs to tongue.gif

317292[/snapback]

Can't you hack into their computer system & get their details? wink.gif

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to do that...

317291[/snapback]

317292[/snapback]

Depends how well you get on with Techs are various UK ISPs wink.gif

Just you and Theno then , USA . (His is 95% BTW.....) ohmy.gif

317127[/snapback]

But why am I the only one, why put me down as 0% Are the mods preparing themselves, should I try to press their buttons?

317127[/snapback]

But why am I the only one, why put me down as 0% Are the mods preparing themselves, should I try to press their buttons?

317310[/snapback]

USABlue, I think that you can only see your own warning level.

Sorry to keep asking questions but what does the Quote + do? especially when it turns red??

317345[/snapback]

Right then - click it on 2 or 3 different posts, then click reply on any post.

317127[/snapback]

317310[/snapback]

USABlue, I think that you can only see your own warning level.

317311[/snapback]

Haha, got it thank you for that. I feel a bit silly now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.