BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When Vinjay met John

Guest Vinjay

I'm sure it would make your decision a lot easier if we had owners who invested in our club and not Birmingham. If you aren't aware already our wonderful owners just increased their shirt sponsorship deal with the Walker family until 2007!

I wonder which club they want to finish higher in the table...

318648[/snapback]

Unfortunately I can't find the article I was reading (I'm sure the figures are out there somewhere) but The Times had a list of all the Premiership clubs and their shirt sponsorship deals around the time that Chelsea announced they were getting squillions for their new deal.

It reported The Rovers deal with HSA as being worth £1m to The Club, whilst the Birmingham deal with FlyBE was listed as £750k. (I think they were 'per season' figures).

I know it seems odd that our owners company is financing another club, but I'm sure the holding company, or whoever, decided that it was better all round for the airline part to shell out less money for their sponsorship package, whilst the football side received more from theirs.

This would be in addition to the already stated facts about lack of airports etc. in Blackburn area.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vinjay

We had Jack then. If he was still here he would make such funds available. If Rovers hadn't spent that money on Ward and Blake it wouldn't be in the current budget anyway. The Walkers wouldn't allow it despite their sizeable fortune.

We had Jack then. If he was still here he would make such funds available. If Rovers hadn't spent that money on Ward and Blake it wouldn't be in the current budget anyway. The Walkers wouldn't allow it despite their sizeable fortune.

318749[/snapback]

Can you not read?

318749[/snapback]

This new 'Ignore User' function is gonna come in handy very soon withstupid.gif

just added vinjay to my ignore users list now i don't have to read the rubbish on some of the threads

318769[/snapback]

But then you miss his pure entertaining ranting at the walker family, and how he is obviously a better fan than everyone else because he crys himself to sleep!

Just forget all the help that jack gave us and the trust still give us every year.

Just go and find a trillionaire to finance vinjays super team that will challange chelsea and there billions. One we've found our rich person we can build a stadium in london and rename ourselves LD Rovers and get a massive fan base to ensure our success, hey it won't be our club any more but why not have success at all costs! Then when our rich person gets bored we can go find another or go bankrupt! rolleyes.gif

Does the ignore user thread complete wipe out his post, or does it leave a "placeholder" saying something to the effect of "this user is ignored"?

Just curious, as I'm thinking about using that feature myself at the moment....

As to this silly "Walker Out" notion. Jack not only shelled out the cash to make Blackburn a successful football club during the title run, but he also invested to make the entire organization financially stable from a business standpoint. Does anyone really think Chelsea is in a stable financial situation based on their current spending? Absolutely not. So why follow them on a path that we cannot sustain? Mortgage the future of the club for glory in the present.... I don't see how any supporter of a club with the history of the Rovers can even think about that.

So if Vinjay thinks Jack's plan was to spend all of his money to earn Rovers the title at the expense of the future... Let him believe that foolish nonsense to be the case, as misguided as he is. Personally I look forward to the club continuing to compete in the Premier League for years to come.

Of all my years on this board ive never heard so much ###### coming from one person. I thought you wanted you account terminating..........well why th hell are you still logging on and posting this rubbish. i though mr 6 was bad but you

Of all my years on this board ive never heard so much ###### coming from one person.  I thought you wanted you account terminating..........well why th hell are you still logging on and posting this rubbish. i though mr 6 was bad but you

318780[/snapback]

Sorry Jordan. Ill try harder in the future ;-)

Of all my years on this board ive never heard so much ###### coming from one person.  I thought you wanted you account terminating..........well why th hell are you still logging on and posting this rubbish. i though mr 6 was bad but you

318780[/snapback]

Sorry Jordan. Ill try harder in the future ;-)

318782[/snapback]

laugh.gif

That's the spirit!!! thumbs-up.gif

Does the ignore user thread complete wipe out his post, or does it leave a "placeholder" saying something to the effect of "this user is ignored"?

Just curious, as I'm thinking about using that feature myself at the moment....

yeah ive blocked him it just says you have chosen to ignore posts from this person click to un ignore or read this post

I want my account terminated. I'm sick of all the hostility on here. What do you mean by obvious agenda?

WALKERS OUT!

318653[/snapback]

If this guy isn't a knuckle scraping dingle then his dad certainly was! Dont just terminate...... EXterminate asap.

But Vinjay is making such considered, well thought out posts. We should spend loads of money, let's say on someone like Seth Johnson, and rather than the Walkers why not get someone succesful in retail (like Peter Risdale?) to fund the club.

Brilliant stuff Vinjay. You sound like you know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I can't believe other teams didn't realise earlier that the way to suceed was to get rid of your benefactors.

Guest Vinjay

I see this site is funded by sponsors. Waste of money really when people insult each other and make sarcastic remarks most of the time. I didn't say get rid of them they should put the club up for sale first. I know decent offers might not come immediately but eventually one would. Maybe someone like Whelan with a smaller fortune but who would offer better transfer funds. Anyway keep taking the ###### at my expense. Sod my feelings. I haven't said a single insult towards any other user. I think that's one good side of my character to ignore such insults. Anyway prolong the thread designed specifically to have a go at me. Im sure its highly entertaining for you.

Vinjay, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Graham Lister off Vic Reeves Big Night Out? Do you, by chance, know any doctors and solicitors? How is Judith Grant these days?

I think you've spoken your mind and you've had your fun, but now it's time to give yourself up without a fuss and go back to the institution you have escaped from. There's a good lad.

I know decent offers might not come immediately but eventually one would. Maybe someone like Whelan with a smaller fortune but who would offer better transfer funds.

318838[/snapback]

How long do you think we'd be waiting? We're hardly an attractive outfit for people to want to invest in us - either for the team or money wise! Jack give us so much money because he was a fan!! If he hadn't supported Rovers we'd have seen none of that money and we wouldn't have the trust fund full stop. Which situation do you think would be better? The one we're in now or one if Jack had never got involved in the first place?

I see this site is funded by sponsors. Waste of money really

318838[/snapback]

I see your knowledge of this site is second only to your knowledge of Rovers. We have NO sponsors what so ever. We have three sources of income, a few advertisers (whom we pick from generic advert sites rather than them sponsoring us), members who chose to purchase our occasional items for sale (ie. the badges we did) and finally (were almost all of the money comes from) members who choose to make donations.

If organisations did sponser us, they key thing the'd be intrested in would be the number of pairs of eyes that saw their adverts and as this is constantly rising at an alarming rate it's hardly be a waste of money.

people insult each other and make sarcastic remarks most of the time.

Welcome to the internet. Actually we pride ourself on being very amicable around here. Seriously, you should check out the opposition.

I didn't say get rid of them they should put the club up for sale first. I know decent offers might not come immediately but eventually one would.

Let's face it almost EVERY club is looking for this and 99% of them would believe they'd have found it if they had the trust behind them.

If you think a nice corporate backer is a good thing, ask residents of Oldham what happened when succesful brewary JW Lees bought the club (top flight to bankrupt in a few years).

Maybe someone like Whelan with a smaller fortune but who would offer better transfer funds.

So you think Wigan are in a better financial position than Rovers ?

Anyway keep taking the ###### at my expense. Sod my feelings. I haven't said a single insult towards any other user. I think that's one good side of my character to ignore such insults.

It's not YOU people are ridiculing, it's the nonsense your spouting.

Anyway prolong the thread designed specifically to have a go at me. Im sure its highly entertaining for you.

This thread is not designed to have a go at you, just the oposite. It serves two purpose (well three if you count denying you the marterdom you desire), it allows your concerns to be discussed sensibly and secondly (and more importantly) it keeps this issue in a single tidy place without it spilling over into topics where it is irrelevent. We could have just removed the posts as irrelevent, but doing it this way allow you to continue to make your point.

... but yes, it is highly entertaining. Not quite as funny as lofty, but entertaining all the same.

Here's a tip. If you want people to stop ridiculing your arguments, MAKE BETTER ONES.

but now it's time to give yourself up without a fuss and go back to the institution you have escaped from.

318840[/snapback]

Thankfully that instituion is somewhere we have very very good connections with the IT staff ph34r.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.