BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When Vinjay met John

Guest Vinjay

Jack Walker I think did state that in the long term the club had  to stand on its own feet well the long term is here and now.

I'm not usually pedantic, but I thought this was quite amusing...

The long term is not just here and now its here, now, and at least until Glazier screws up the SkyTv deal or a superleague is formed. smile.gif

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the point of winning the title then if the club couldn't stay at that level and funding was going to decrease in the long term?

318937[/snapback]

You are so right, any professional sports player or organization that tries to win should be utterly disgraced! ph34r.gif

It would appear that a certain workshy fop with the ludicrous name of Cheeky Sidders has attempted to compare this crackpot character Vinjay to my goodself. To say I am outraged would be an understatement. In fact I am flabbergasted.

I'm sure Vinjay does know many professional people and no doubt he meets most of them on a monthly basis when he is up at the Psychiatric Unit having his injections, wheras I know eminent doctors, serious television presenters, politicians, and several massively underrated social workers on a personal basis. I often talk to them in Mr Dennis' shop where I puchase my midget gems, iced fancies and educational periodicals.

So Mr Sidders, I'll thank you not to compare the delusional ramblings of an obviously academically deficient troublemaker to Mr Graham Lister again. And be warned - I'll be printing off your despicable comments about Vimboy being like me and storing them with the rest of my legal and medical research papers.

It would appear that a certain workshy fop with the ludicrous name of Cheeky Sidders has attempted to compare this crackpot character Vinjay to my goodself.  To say I am outraged would be an understatement.  In fact I am flabbergasted.

I'm sure Vinjay does know many professional people and no doubt he meets most of them on a monthly basis when he is up at the Psychiatric Unit having his injections, wheras I know eminent doctors, serious television presenters, politicians, and several massively underrated social workers on a personal basis.  I often talk to them in Mr Dennis' shop where I puchase my midget gems, iced fancies and educational periodicals.

So Mr Sidders, I'll thank you not to compare the delusional ramblings of an obviously academically deficient troublemaker to Mr Graham Lister again.  And be warned - I'll be printing off your despicable comments about Vimboy being like me and storing them with the rest of my legal and medical research papers.

319065[/snapback]

Goddler yer soo fleurklin' FOOOOONNY, TWWEEAARTLER......

Me, I'm gonad stick one upyer foooklin' tweartler an' yoo iz gonad 'ave me ten ton babblyier likeitornottler yer sad feurklin'koontleryoooooo..

WATCHIN AN WAITIN AM IIIIIIIII ..........( u b careful sadboy ).

Goddler yer soo fleurklin' FOOOOONNY, TWWEEAARTLER......

Me, I'm gonad stick one upyer foooklin' tweartler an' yoo iz gonad 'ave me ten ton babblyier likeitornottler yer sad feurklin'koontleryoooooo..

WATCHIN AN WAITIN AM IIIIIIIII ..........( u b careful sadboy ).

Don't do drugs kids, unless you can handle them.

Sidders - if only Tashor knew!

You being the linguistics expert can probably make more sense of Tashor's observations than me.  Do I need to be worried?

I'll keep my "tweartler" under wraps just in case.

319133[/snapback]

Lister, you've crawled out of the shadows and back to Novelty Island at last.

As for needing to be worried about Tashor, I'm not sure. Sometimes I think he's just a bit "Rocket Roy", but other times I suspect he's completely "Lipstick Lilly in a bad mood". wink.gif

• 2 months later...
Guest Vinjay

Would need the Walkers to provide the funds too. Im not surprised Rovers brought in less than most clubs. Can't lose too much of that 600 million fortune. At least its an inprovement on 150,000 although after such a huge outlay for them it will probably be reduced to that figure next summer.

Would need the Walkers to provide the funds too. Im not surprised Rovers brought in less than most clubs. Can't lose too much of that 600 million fortune. At least its an inprovement on 150,000 although after such a huge outlay for them it will probably be reduced to that figure next summer.

336987[/snapback]

YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Guest Vinjay

Boring you? Nothing compared to the boredom of finishing midtable every season when the club had title ambitions only 7 years ago. Still nothing to be bothered about other than lack of ambition from our owners. The fans should be putting more pressure on them. At the very least it might get them to release an occasional statement outlining their high ambitions or more likely low no doubt though. Shame on me for wanting more from them. Who would possibly want that?

Guest Vinjay

Its frustrating that the club has faceless owners with limited funds of over 600 million. Still opinions aren't allowed here. Maybe the mods should open a second messageboard for anyone with the nerve to have a different point of view.

Its frustrating that the club has faceless owners with limited funds of over 600 million. Still opinions aren't allowed here. Maybe the mods should open a second messageboard for anyone with the nerve to have a different point of view.

337017[/snapback]

Yay!

Vinjay, Why is it frustrating that the club has faceless owners? Better than being a PLC or having an owner like Shepherd or Gold I would think.

Opinions are allowed, what is persisting everyone off is your constant banging of a particular drum. Try to be a bit more than one dimensional in your posts and I'm sure you'll get a better response.

337017[/snapback]

What did Mr Williams say when you went to see him as you promised? Or are you all mouth and no trousers?

Opinions are allowed, but take a look through your post history and see why its boring.

337017[/snapback]

Everyone knows what your opinions are, as they have not been disallowed. This particular quote has not been disappeared [as of yet! ph34r.gif].

OK, so we know your view, but what was Mr. Williams's view when you had an appointment with him?

Or are you going to avoid answering this question again? Is that because you are a hapless windbag who has made no positive attempts to have Williams give his thoughts on this concern?

An answer, please. I would very much hope you are not a hapless windbag... that you did speak to Williams about this concern, or at least made an attempt to contact him.

Back on the subject of Rovers finanaces I read a feature in one of this mornings papers about shirt sponsorship and it makes very worrying reading if it’s true.

Whilst we would not expect to be rivalling the “big clubs” in terms of cash for having a companies name on our shirts it would appear Lonsdale are paying a relative pittance to the club.

The figures;

Well as you would expect Chelsea top the league raking in a massive £13.5m from Samsung. Man U get £9m from Vodaphone and Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle are clearing between £5m-£3.5m.

Tottenham get £3m from Thomson, Villa £1.5m from DWS and City receive £1m from Thomas Cook.

Where do we rank?

Well sadly joint bottom with West Ham. Lonsdale pay us £300,000 per annum. We are left way behind the likes of Fulham, Birmingham, Boro, Bolton and even West Brom, Pompey and Wigan.

Worrying.

Yeah, isnt he terrible.

The club with one of the lowest attendances in the country, not to mention one of the smallest fanbases in one of the smallest towns.

Bloody hell, having the smallest shirt sponsor (and given that the same company also plough cash in through being kit sponsor and on the retail space the amount they give us is considerably higher!) what a shocker.

Shirt deals are nothing to do with the size of home crowd, it's all about appearances on TV and in press pictures.

We finished 15th, not 20th; yet we have the salary bill of a top 10 team and the shirt deal of the bottom team. If he was as good as everyone thinks, then those two statistics would be reversed.

I don't know the veracity of the shirts deal numbers. The number quoted by the Telegraph for Rovers seemed to be unnaturally low.

However, we do know that Lonsdale signed up the Rovers World and shirt supply deal with Rovers which the club were delighted with. Then when HSA dropped out as the main shirt sponsors I remember John Williams commenting that there was little sponsorship interest in the Rovers so perhaps the £300k is what Lonsdale were willing to add on to the existing deal to have their name in big letters as well as little letters on the shirt- I am guessing.

It is possible that in addition to being small, unfashionable and a long way from London (for the corporate freebies), all the press coverage about dirty Rovers made us a name which was too risky in PR terms to be associated with. Let's face it, the first controversial incident Bellamy, Savage, Todd, Neill, the Axe (or any other Rover for that matter) get involved in, the red tops (and perhaps the "qualities") will have their picture under an appropriately abusive caption- and the distinctive shirt and logo will be there for all to see.

That prospect alone will be enough to scare off the financial services sector and their likes who need respectable association for their branding.

I do remember that when someone did a comparisson of Rovers and Bolton's last published annual accounts, Rovers earned some 40% more than Bolton in commercial income and that wasn't including the Walker Trust donation.

On the basis, you pay for what you get, the Rovers have invested for two top ten finishes and have significantly under-performed in the last two seasons on the pitch (having over-performed the two seasons before). The Rovers have continued to spend commensurate with a top ten finish in hiring Hughes, his back team staff and Bellamy- there after delivery is the province of the football professionals.

My advice with Leeds having over-taken Manchester as the major financial centre of the north would be for the Rovers management to work their way through the companies based or operating in Leeds as prime targets for future corporate deals. I fancy Leeds will struggle to gain promotion this season thus giving Rovers a bit more time to build relationships and do the deals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.