BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When Vinjay met John

Guest Vinjay

As we've been accused of not taking this seriously, can I take it off-topic a little and propose a new category for next year's Grooby award "The Lofty Award for sheer entertainment through not knowing when to give up".

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinjay, has anyone ever told you that you sound like Graham Lister off Vic Reeves Big Night Out? 

Sorry sidders but to my untrainred ear this sounds far more like Marvin the Paranoid Android from the TV series of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I'm serious read it again in Marvin mode................

"I see this site is funded by sponsors. Waste of money really when people insult each other and make sarcastic remarks most of the time. I didn't say get rid of them they should put the club up for sale first. I know decent offers might not come immediately but eventually one would. Maybe someone like Whelan with a smaller fortune but who would offer better transfer funds. Anyway keep taking the ###### at my expense. Sod my feelings. I haven't said a single insult towards any other user. I think that's one good side of my character to ignore such insults. Anyway prolong the thread designed specifically to have a go at me. Im sure its highly entertaining for you."

laugh.giflaugh.gif

So here we all are, brains the size of planets and all we have to listen to is this numpty whineing on and on and on and on until the end of time as we know it...... or at least until the dolphins and the white mice arrive. cool.gif Anyway halfchat I'll save you some time......... the answers 42! wink.gif

Edited by thenodrog

Does the ignore user thread complete wipe out his post, or does it leave a "placeholder" saying something to the effect of "this user is ignored"?

Just curious, as I'm thinking about using that feature myself at the moment....

It leaves a placeholder saying you have chosen to ignore "Vinjay", but gives you the option to read the comment by clicking a link. Personally I would find it a waste of energy.

Interesting to note that out of all the people who are being ignored by other users, Vinjay seems to be a recurring theme.

Vinjay,

I'd just like to say good luck with your campaign. The other board users are all hopeless half-wits who are cognosenti on matters Rovers like Jeanette Krankie is to professional basketball.

I strongly advise you to persue your point and to ignore the doubters, you have your opinion, you stick with it.

Keep going matey, at least until sometime in mid August when the next season starts. Some of us need something to keep us on our toes through the summer. Insulating the loft doesn't really fill the gap.

All The Best

Colin

I think that's one good side of my character to ignore such insults

See above post... there are obviously some very good characters on this board.

Anyway, what did John tell you in your meeting, or did you not finish college early enough ?

What I want to know is,

Is Vinjay the person known as "The Artist formerly known as Scott Sellars ate my hamster" on the BBC's 606 Rovers site?

He appears to spouting the same line.

318854[/snapback]

AKA MR Respectable, the guy who claimed to have hacked Roverstalk you mean ?

In which case its 99.99% sure

Vinjay

Anyway prolong the thread designed specifically to have a go at me. Im sure its highly entertaining for you.

Well seeing as it was you that started or "designed" this thread, you must be feeling pretty stupid...

I think that's one good side of my character to ignore such insults

See above post... there are obviously some very good characters on this board.

Anyway, what did John tell you in your meeting, or did you not finish college early enough ?

318850[/snapback]

College?

Deary me, the standard of education in this area really is going downhill.

But as a direct result of Vinjay's senseless ranting I have decided to make an offer to purchase Blackburn Rovers from the trustees. Now as a business which has lost £17m over the last two accounting years, despite a £6m injection of new capital and a £12m effective debt write off from our current owners (so creative accounting says this is a loss of £35mill.) I beleive that a fair offer would be the sum of 1 English penny.

Hows that VJ?

Edited by stuwilky

As we've been accused of not taking this seriously, can I take it off-topic a little and propose a new category for next year's Grooby award "The Lofty Award for sheer entertainment through not knowing when to give up".

318844[/snapback]

I was just thinking the same biggrin.gif I was getting really board with nothing going on and this post has really cheered me up.

There's only one Lofty but this is a good second laugh.gif

Vinjay

Anyway prolong the thread designed specifically to have a go at me. Im sure its highly entertaining for you.

Well seeing as it was you that started or "designed" this thread, you must be feeling pretty stupid...

318898[/snapback]

To be fair, he didn't. This thread is an amalgamation of relevent posts from other threads.

to reply to vinjay

the walkers trust has to do what is best for the trust has a whole. if they do not make money there cannot give money to rovers.

The trust owes it, but any company has to pay for itsself and in the long term rovers like others clubs will have to do this, or as nearer as they can

Jack Walker I think did state that in the long term the club had to stand on its own feet well the long term is here and now.

The trust fund does a good job in the amount of money that we get and I do not think that anyone else will do as well, ie look at Man Utd.

How well we do is dowm to M H and his back room staff and the players that he buys and picks, so roll on next season and lets see what happens, for me its a top ten finish. thumbs-up.gif

Ha outbid you with a fiver and a Premiership Sticker Book from 1995.

Ahahahaha

How do you like that now beardy wink.gif

318901[/snapback]

them sticker books are worth quite a lot completed Flopsy.

And the beard is going this weekend.......

Vinjay seems to be missing the point of the trust.

A trust is just a big money pot, nor are the Walker family jealously guarding the funds lest they be wasted on players like Amoruso or Matteo.

I doubt any of us are aware of the type of trust, nor the precise terms of it. The trustees are goverened by common law and legislation on this point and cannot just spoon out cash when the fans start whinging.

Guest Vinjay

What was the point of winning the title then if the club couldn't stay at that level and funding was going to decrease in the long term?

What is the point in harping on with a basic (at best) knowledge of the issues and without responding to poitns that other people have raised.

Why do you keep coming back, I thought you wanted your account deleting?

What was the point of winning the title then if the club couldn't stay at that level and funding was going to decrease in the long term?

318937[/snapback]

The point was that by being succesful it would lead to increasing our profile and attract more fans/sponsors etc allowing the club to become self financing. Then we wouldnt have to rely on the walker money.

Even the russian at chelsea is saying much the same now, in that the club has to generate its own income.

Vinjay, there is a good debate to be had as regards the ties between rovers and the Jersey trust. It is of interest to all of us. You don't go about it very well though. I'm sure you're brighter than you appear.

Give it a go?

Little mummy's boy

He wasn't very old

Though he was very small

He never would be told

Vinny Vinny

Vinny Vinny - Oooh

Vinny Vinny

Poor little Vinny wouldn't let go

He'd stay awake at night

Lying in his bed

No one ever listened

To a single word he said

Vinny Vinny ...

Silly boy

Silly boy

Silly boy

Such a silly boy

Vinny Vinny ...

Now little Vinny's gone

He disappeared one day

But no one saw the ambulance

That took little Vin away

Vinny Vinny ...

We can but live in hope.

318937[/snapback]

What the hell?

You'd rather we hadn't won the title and just been an average club? I am proud to say we had glory years where we were the best team in the uk and one of only 4 teams to have ever won the top league in the world. The facts of life are that money never lasts forever so make the most f success while you can.... take note manyoo!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.