BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Independent Supporters Assocciation

Anything that promotes the Rovers, raises their profile and benefits the fans, has got to be good.

Got to agree that it's formation should be distanced from this board. There are some who view this place as an "elitist" board that doesn't cater for all of the Rovers supporters, but they shouldn't be excluded from what could become an important input to the club.

Now all we need is a pill to help those that constantly critisise without being constructive.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In favour of this move and keen to influence its agenda by attending and contributing.The mission statement seemed a bit wishy-washy and really we should try to model the ISA on best practice of other Clubs,maybe other sports.

- to work to get 30,000 regularly to Ewood

- to encourage more use of Ewood and its surrounds

- to engage more of the people of Lancashire

- to increase support around the World

- to safeguard the long-term future of OUR football club

If people feel alienated from BRFCS.com then beware of them in the ISA.

Someone told me recently that people in Lancashire fall out with each other too easily and that would be just another impediment to progress.

And having harassed for the NEXT GAME AT EWOOD SIGN i thought i could die in peace!

There are some who view this place as an "elitist" board

325653[/snapback]

Finally im up there with the elitists...but on a more serious note I think this is a good idea, and I enjoy the look of the website, keep up the good work sounds like there is some exciting stuff coming out of it.

There are some who view this place as an "elitist" board that doesn't cater for all of the Rovers supporters, but they shouldn't be excluded from what could become an important input to the club.

325653[/snapback]

It's a shame if that is true...or rather it is a shame if that is true and they are correct in thinking so. I'd have thought this board covers almost the entire range of Rovers fans in some way surely? I've noticed there seems to maybe be a bit of bias toward members with a history of posting but that is what you expect...after all you don't walk into a pub for the first time and expect everyone to hang on your every word. You have to build up a certain degree of familiarity usually.

Relating to that...how will that work in the ISA? There has been mention of everybody's view being equal to another yet the only names we have heard are of brfcs messageboarders so far. It'd be interesting to know if any kind of timetable has been thought up for the next few months or so.

Finally...overseas members. Could we have some idea on what may be available to them? I'd expect this kind of project would be especially of interest to them as, personally speaking, I have to enlist the help of family to get Rovers gear sent out. Rovers news is gathered solely from the internet or occasional chats (on the internet!) with friends. Is there any idea for a newsletter? Or furthermore some kind of help for when overseas fans come back but need help (say) getting tickets (like Paul does with the shirts but must be time-consuming). The ISA seems to be an excellent reference point for local Rovers fans and a good oppotunity for a meeting/p1ss-up so what can drag the ex-pats in? That is...as opposed to just continuing to be members of this messageboard and getting all the news on here. Any ideas? Not trying to shoot you down at all, quite the opposite...I would just be interested if it could be of help to someone like myself who is not only out of the country but off the beaten track as well and solely reliant on the internet at the moment for Rovers news.

Overall...good idea but any chance of some suggestions of how you lot (who met to begin this) are expecting it to pan out?

Overall...good idea but any chance of some suggestions of how you lot (who met to begin this) are expecting it to pan out?

326159[/snapback]

Let me switch the question around. What would you like us to do?

At the moment we are very much at the ideas stage. We've not really fully decided much at all and are open to suggestions. If people like you can tell us what you'd like then we'll see what we can do to help.

As for the "just brfcs messageboard members" bit, that's only because we were the one's who decided to start the ball rolling. It had to start somewhere after all. We're in the process of opening up the idea of BRISA to as many people as possible and we welcome any input from anyone.

Any fan with a serious interest in helping to develop ISA is welcome to join the discussions. Please contact BRISA for further details via the e-mail address below  - this is solely because we can provide you with links to all the current information.

BRISA nees your support, Rovers need your support - please get in touch by e-mail

As of 8.00am BRISA has a live E-mail address - admin@roversisa.co.uk

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED AT 8.32, June 20th - just to help explain the discussion below.

325223[/snapback]

Incidentally FLB (or anyone else interested for that matter) if you want to see what we have done so far, and what we've still got to do, then e-mail the address above and you'll be given access to all the information we've got.

There has been mention of everybody's view being equal to another yet the only names we have heard are of brfcs messageboarders so far. It'd be interesting to know if any kind of timetable has been thought up for the next few months or so.

326159[/snapback]

MB members are at the forefront because the idea arose from discussions between brfcs members. In the last 48 hours BRISA has written to every known BRFC organisation/group/supporters club in Europe ** telling them of our existence and inviting their views.

** with one exception where we don't have an address - yet.

As for overseas members we need to be told what you want. If it's as simple as sorting out tickets I'm sure that can be done.

As for overseas members we need to be told what you want. If it's as simple as sorting out tickets I'm sure that can be done.

326181[/snapback]

That was supposed to be more of an open question to other overseas members rather than suggestions from me...I've been away from Blighty for less than a year and still have people who can do errands for me. Was thinking more of what longer-term ex-pats might want.

FLB and anyone else, if you're looking for discussion on the ins and outs of an ISA, you wont find it on here [in any detail anyway].

What we want is for everyone who thinks they might be interested, to contact admin, who will put you onto a site where you can read all the discussions that have taken and are taking, place now.

There is a lot on there. Much more detail than you probably imagine.

I would think that the BRISA having a messageboard on their website should be discussed at an eleceted comittee.

As we have seen here their are already factions within this messageboard and some who will not use this mesageboard. It may be best for an ISA to be careful, at least at first with ideas such as this.

Perhaps a messageboard purely on ISA news would be ok. But leave general rovers gossip etc  on an place independant of the ISA.

Also, it has been previously stated that the ISA will be independant of BRFCS. If they launched  their own messageboard it may draw a lot of BRFCS members onto it and the ISA may then been seen as being to closely linked to what was BRFCS.

325470[/snapback]

I think you are right there. Careful, very careful, consideration needs to be given to any message board situation. You do not want to create any division here I would imagine.

ISA news only would be my thoughts also. Great news folks, kudos to the group of you who made the effort and took the time to get the ball rolling. The fans absolutely need a voice. Hope it works out.

I would have no hang up about this board being the forum used by the ISA but think having a new board created by the ISA would be counter-productive.

326304[/snapback]

Think about it Phllip, one just has to read some of the tedious, back biting, slagging off, nonsensical posts on here to realise it would, in a short time, devalue what the ISA is trying to acheive, I think.

I think in terms of messageboards etc we are thinking a little far ahead.

The important thing at this time is getting the ISA up and running, many potential members would have no interest in the internet side of things, and one of the first things we have to get across is that the ISA is not a BRFCS production or something solely for internet users.

However a decent quality website is one of the many forms of media we can use to show what the ISA can offer.

Think about it Phllip, one just has to read some of the tedious, back biting, slagging off, nonsensical posts on here to realise it would, in a short time, devalue what the ISA is trying to acheive, I think.

326541[/snapback]

Correct , USA ; the two are best kept seperate . As well as diffusing whatever ISA is trying to achieve , it could quickly develop into an elitist case of "us and them" between the members and non members of ISA ...

First of all, people need to know that a new independant supporters group has started up......not just members of this board.

Has anybody thought of doing a 'flyer campaign'??

Maybe a 'flyer' handout at the 1st home game of the season?

Asking local pubs/clubs if a BRISA poster can be put up?

Maybe a business sponsor could help with costs.

A 'flyer' doesn`t need to be expensive & trendy, it just needs to get the message across.

First of all, people need to know that a new independant supporters group has started up......not just members of this board.

Has anybody thought of doing a 'flyer campaign'??

Maybe a 'flyer' handout at the 1st home game of the season?

Asking local pubs/clubs if a BRISA poster can be put up?

Maybe a business sponsor could help with costs.

A 'flyer' doesn`t need to be expensive & trendy, it just needs to get the message across.

326873[/snapback]

Cletus, we're ready with far more than flyers. If you are genuinely interested what's going on, contact admin.

This may sound a bit evasive, continually referring people to admin, but we are really keen for people to help out. Now is the best time to pitch in. Your views will be welcomed and I'm sure people already on there, will testify to that.

This forum isn't the right place to be discussing details. The BRISA must be independent of this site.

Edited by den

rover.gif

most football clubs have had an official supporters club for most of their history. Most Supporters Clubs ran coaches to away games for members and often had a "Social Club". Only in recent times have Unofficial Supporters Clubs come on the scene. They usually have been formed as supporters were wary or unhappy with the role of the Official club.

Does this unofficial supporters club have plans for agm,s and true elections of committee, or is it to be the chosen few who decide to elect themselves. How active does the new club intend to be? Sorry if these question have already been asked/answered but i have been away on hols. rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.