SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Old Gate Debate

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh......patient mode on....

That smiley thingy looking skywards signifies that it was a joke Stu!  Did you not get it?

382737[/snapback]

Yes, clearly not along the lines of your general intolerant posting and absolutely side splittingly hilarious.

Or perhaps not at all. withstupid.gif

withstupid.gif

Keep it in ICBINF.

382734[/snapback]

Isn't this is an issue that BRISA have deemed important enough to be worthy of its own special meeting with the Rovers bigwigs ? I hope those who are sat round the table aren't so sensitive when debating an issue that could lead to the very demise of the club itself.

Isn't this is an issue that BRISA have deemed important enough to be worthy of its own special meeting with the Rovers bigwigs ?  I hope those who are sat round the table aren't so sensitive when debating an issue that could lead to the very demise of the club itself.

382740[/snapback]

Sensitive?

Behave.

I was clearly referring to the underlying implication.

Edited by stuwilky

Blackburn needs to define their image. Reach out and steal fans hanging on the fence as to which team they want to support. To do this I propose hypnosis. It's really quite simple, you see, they can buy up commercial spots and play what appears to be a normal ad, when instead its sending subliminal messages like "buy rovers season tickets" or "you like Blackburn Rovers, Burnley is crap" etc.

Why support the dingles or PNE when you can support the Rovers?

Want real football then get to ewood... call on 08701 123456

383141[/snapback]

Who are you advertising to here, exactly? All the Burnley/Preston fans who read BRFCS and are completely swayed by "why support" and "real football"?

How about this...

Set up a charter bus that leaves from Preston to Ewood park and its a free ride there and back with the purchase of a season ticket...

Do the same for Accy...leave Burnley out of it.

This seems like a good idea though, and people will spend all their money on beer knowing theydon't have to drive home after.

How about a new type of season ticket for new ST holders?

1st time buyers, get say 10% off the usual price?

383133[/snapback]

Yea, that's a real reward for loyalty isn't it. Do you want to drive more people away?

10/10 for a different approach but loyal fans feel hard enough done by already.

The are alot of people who are between Rovers & PNE - maybe we should target those?!? They dont really wana support PNE.

I know a few people who have left rovers and gone supporting PNE because of the cost difference

383152[/snapback]

North End issued free tickets to Schools in Chorley area the other week for their home game against millwall. It's something we don't seem to do anymore.

I know a few people who have left rovers and gone supporting PNE because of the cost difference

383152[/snapback]

Not "supporting" Hughsey, "watching" maybe.

They get to see PNE play Brighton & Hove Albion and Crewe Alex. We get to see a 4-3 win v The Red Scum.

***GAV`S £50 BET UPDATE***

After Wigan`s biggest gate of the season (probably ever!!) an attendance of 25023 vs Liverpool, here`s how it looks:-

Rovers tinykit.gif average attendance is 20220 after 11 home games.

Wigan`s average attendance is now 20868 after 14 home games. (up 320)

(Rovers are an average of 648 behind Wigan)

Rovers tinykit.gif total attendances are 222425

Wigan`s total attendances are 292152

(Rovers behind by 69727 but have 3 games in hand......that`s an average of 23242 for each game, as it stands now. Can we achieve that?? huh.gif )

...both teams next 3 home games are:-

Rovers tinykit.gif ...Sunderland, Arsenal & Aston Villa (3 average gates??)

Wigan... Man Ure, West ham & the big club (i`d say 1 guarranteed sell-out there & 2 average gates)

Just as an aside Wigan have sold 23000 of their 27000 allocation for Cardiff. Good going I'd say.

383605[/snapback]

They only go on general sale tomorrow, so definate sell out there then.

Good luck to em!

they have also sold around 3,000 half season tickets i have heard to gaurentee a final ticket

383607[/snapback]

An excellent marketing ploy!

Well done Wigan!! thumbs-up.gif

I fear that Gav is going to lose this bet.... sad.gif

Unless John Williams does something radical in the remaining 13 games and lets in kids for free. (Or significantly increases, by thousands, the amount of free tickets given to schoolkids, for example.)

Cletus - It seems like you've got a calculator ready and waiting after every match. Thanks for your posts. smile.gif

North End issued free tickets to Schools in Chorley area the other week for their home game against millwall. It's something we don't seem to do anymore.

383250[/snapback]

We do still give free tickets to schools sometimes. We also do a lot of work in local schools, which if you don't have kids at local schools, then you wouldn't be aware of.

More importantly though with Preston, they are unbeaten in their last 24 games!!

I fear that Gav is going to lose this bet....  sad.gif   

Unless John Williams does something radical in the remaining 13 games and lets in kids for free. (Or significantly increases, by thousands, the amount of free tickets given to schoolkids, for example.)

Cletus - It seems like you've got a calculator ready and waiting after every match. Thanks for your posts.  smile.gif

383666[/snapback]

I am convinced that they dont include those tickets in the attendance. There have been two matches this season where the DE Lower has been full but the attendance has still been sub 20k.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.