SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poser For You?

ally

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...wouldn't that give us at least five players if we worked on the 'uncapped at time of transfer' theory? Therefore, surely it must be still uncapped players.

How much did Newcastle pay for Bramble? I know it was around £7 million somewhere...

Edit: I think I might have it...Chris Kirkland. He's been called up to the squad but I don't think he's actually played, there's always that story in the papers about his dad being due to win a £100,000 bet when he makes his debut.

Edited by LeChuck

Woodgate has played for England

So who do we have then

Kevin Davies

Carl Cort

Dean Richards

Not sure about Defoe, Jeffers - depends on how you percieve the question

344856[/snapback]

According to here, Andy Cole never played for england till he joined Man U, so the answer must be players who have never been capped. I have looked at the transfers over 6.5m over the past 15 years, and no other englishman, apart from the 3 listed above, hasn't played for England.

According to here, Andy Cole never played for england till he joined Man U, so the answer must be players who have never been capped. I have looked at the transfers over 6.5m over the past 15 years, and no other englishman, apart from the 3 listed above, hasn't played for England.

344969[/snapback]

I've done pretty much the same thing. Checked Soccerbase for any transfers between £6m and £15m since 1995. Nothing.

Maybe it's a trick question and the answer is No. The question opens with 'Can you name 4 players' instead of 'Name 4 players'. You can't name 4 players as there are only 3 meaning the answer is no.

345106[/snapback]

If you look at the sky link above, the question reads "NAME THE FOUR UNCAPPED ENGLISHMEN WHO HAVE MOVED FOR OVER £7 MILLION (IN ONE DEAL)."

What the question doesn't mention is football, but I cant think of any other sport to have such transfer fees.

BTW, this is doing my head in now mad.gif

Edited by Jim J

If you look at the sky link above, the question reads "NAME THE FOUR UNCAPPED ENGLISHMEN WHO HAVE MOVED FOR OVER £7 MILLION (IN ONE DEAL)."

What the question doesn't mention is football, but I cant think of any other sport to have such transfer fees.

BTW, this is doing my head in now  mad.gif

345115[/snapback]

No, but it does say this:

In a popular feature, we regularly set really taxing, teasing questions to test even the sharpest of football brains.

The 80th in the series is:

NAME THE FOUR UNCAPPED ENGLISHMEN WHO HAVE MOVED FOR OVER £7 MILLION (IN ONE DEAL).

Maybe they were involved in the deal but not worth £7 Million, the other part of a swap deal or something ?

345124[/snapback]

Possible Michael Dawson then, him and Andy Reid went from Forest to Spurs for £8m, £4m each.

source

Edited by Jim J

£8million if I remember right. Kerr-ist.

344971[/snapback]

Ehiogu played for England and even scored a header once I seem to remember.

So it must be players who haven't played at all for England, either before or after the fee. Which means those three mentioned...didn't Kirkland have some clauses in the contract to be paid? Maybe those were triggered?

The list of Englishmen who have been transferred for 7,000,000 +

Le Saux

Davies

Heskey

Collymore

Sutton

Andrew Cole

Fowler

S Johnson

Richards

Woodgate

Ferdinand

A Smith

Defoe

Parker

Bridge

Beckham

Rooney

Jenas

Owen

Crouch

SWP

Jeffers

Cort

Soccerbase doesn't appear to pick up Jeffers and Cort under a search for 7000000 +

Edited by neekoy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.