BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England International Games

Although Sven's tactics have been very confusing in recent matches, I feel that the England coaching staff have got off lightly. Eriksson is not so much of a "hands-on" coach as some of the previous managers and prefers to leave this to his coaches, and therefore poor performances are the fault of the whole coaching staff as well as the manager and players.

What really annoys me about Sven is the way that he fuelled the "Eriksson to Chelsea" rumours in order to inflate his contract with the FA, and then lied to his employers about his affairs once he had landed the bumper new contract. England are not getting value for money with Sven.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that Flopsy. What has he achieved despite spending a fair amount at Boro ?. He is an average manager who has been part of a pretty dull England coaching team for a while. The current mediocrity of the English team is as much down to him as Sven. A team with allegedly world class or exciting players like Lampard, Bent, Gerrard, Terry and Rooney should be performig a lot better.

Drop a few "superstars" - if you get the Wayne Rooney sulk or the Beckham pout so what? I just would omit them from the next squad - and if the others all start talking about striking then send them home...

I would rather have an England TEAM than a team of individuals.

Edited by OscarRaven

It's why I shudder and cringe whenever i hear that McLaren's name put forward for the managers job

No No and Thrice No

351752[/snapback]

100% Agreement there Flopsy. In fact if I was Sven I'd fire McClaren. Bring in Pyscho as assistant. McClaren's leading him a merry dance is my gut feel.

Sticking with England, I see his Royal hindass Beckham joins training late AGAIN, and is carrying a knock AGAIN.

I'm with many, this team is perhaps as individually talented as we have ever had. As a unit they are as limp as Svens personality. Make too much money and playing for England is just too big of a bother. I really think they view England camps as a bit of a holiday.

As the late Emlyn Hughes once said, "I'd crawl up Wembley way on me hands and knees to play for England, for nothing" Back when they were squabbling about appearance money many many moons ago. We need a few more with that sort of attitude

Edited by USABlue

This England team has the talent to beat any other side in the world, the question is going to be if they are up for it and if they can actually start to perform anywhere near the levels they should be at. I have no doubt that they ill make the world cup finals, I'm just not sure if they'll produce the goods when they are there and in the knock out stages against other major nations. The squad has youth, talent, depth and experience. What more could you ask for? I'm a fan of Sven, I just think it would be almost impossible for him to change the seeming apathy his players have for international games at the moment. In many ways the only way to solve it would be for England to not qualify and in doing so give themselves a major shock to the system, I'm not hoping that, that happens though.

I know England is in a dificult position but many other Big nations are.

I think that "unknown" players give more for their nations than the Superstars that play for ENgland, Spain, Italy, etc.

And maybe Eriksson is more of a normal team coach and not a nation one.

Crouch gives England something different, as long as they don't fall into the trap of tossing everything up for him in the air. The variety of play is the important thing; last season at Southampton during his scoring streak they were playing it into his feet too which can catch defenders off guard (rather than the predictability of balls in the air). His touch is underrated by Benitez- Liverpool seem to treat him like a head on a giant stick.

Well if Greece can win the European championships, and the likes of South Korea and Turkey get to the final 4- it proves just what a good manager can do with a bunch of average players. So maybe Norway have a chance!!!!!

351556[/snapback]

Typical response from an England fan. Krislu isnt saying that Norway are a better team, he is simply stating his opinion on the England team. Relating them to his own country doesn't change his opinion, nor does it make England any more likely to succeed next Summer.

Glad to see Sven Drop Ferdinand, not cos of who he is but he has looked somewhat below par recently.

I also think Crouch has earned a shot, not sure about it being in a crunch game though. He has shown some really good hold up and touch play this season. May be the perfect foil for Owen or even D. Bent.

Typical response from an England fan. Krislu isnt saying that Norway are a better team, he is simply stating his opinion on the England team. Relating them to his own country doesn't change his opinion, nor does it make England any more likely to succeed next Summer.

351993[/snapback]

typical response from a non England fan. I am aware he did not say Norway were the better team. I'm just pointing out that an average team such as Norway has a chance of doing well in the World Cup if they have a good manager.

I also think Crouch has earned a shot, not sure about it being in a crunch game though.  He has shown some really good hold up and touch play this season.  May be the perfect foil for Owen or even D.  Bent.

352008[/snapback]

Got to disagree there USABlue.

Crouch is a penalty box player and not over good at that. Outside the box he's no threat at all. Don't hold your breath for him turning on the half way line, advancing 20 yards and thumping it in the top corner. A nice touch here and there? Well if he didn't have that, he shouldn't be playing football anywhere.

It seems illogical to axe Ferdinand on the grounds of dodgy recent form and then call up Crouch who hasn't scored since God knows when .

I hope for Sven's sake he doesn't miss a few howlers ...

352036[/snapback]

I hope for England's sake he doesn't.

Once upon a time I thought that I would be a smart arse and use a UK proxy address to listen to a Rovers game live. To cut the long story short, it ended up being that they didn't broadcast the game on the internet, full stop.

Still, worth the try.

I'm sure 5 live will be but don't you have to be in the UK to listen? If that isn't true then yes they will be.

352044[/snapback]

Try reading my post again. Note use of the word Internet, now try again Eddy. rolleyes.gif Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to say are you saying the internet broadcast would only be available in the UK. I did listen to the game against Wales over here.

Let me try this, anyone know where I can pick up live internet commentary on the England game

Edited by USABlue

Try reading my post again.  Note use of the word Internet, now try again Eddy. rolleyes.gif  Perhaps I don't understand what you are trying to say are you saying the internet broadcast would only be available in the UK.  I did listen to the game against Wales over here.

Let me try this, anyone know where I can pick up live internet commentary on the England game

352108[/snapback]

Mark Pugatch carries commentary on the England game at 4pm our time at www.bbc.co.uk/5live

Hope this helps USA, you little ex pat you.

Mark Pugatch carries commentary on the England game at 4pm our time at www.bbc.co.uk/5live

Hope this helps USA, you little ex pat you.

352109[/snapback]

Thank you AS, not difficult was it, and think how happy you've made me.

Come on England, hope we do better than the U-21's

USA, my point was that last year I was never able to listen to 5 live on the internet because it picked up the fact that I wasn't in the UK and so stopped me from listening to the broadcast, despite the fact that it was on the magical internet.

USA, my point was that last year I was never able to listen to 5 live on the internet because it picked up the fact that I wasn't in the UK and so stopped me from listening to the broadcast, despite the fact that it was on the magical internet.

352118[/snapback]

I see. Now I understand thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.