BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw something that really irks me, although it probably shoudln't.

Out of Brum's 6 goals so far this season, 4 have come from on loan Arsenal youngsters (2 from Bendtner, 2 from Larsson), including the game winners against Shrewsbury today in the Carling Cup, Crystal Palace over the weekend and Colchester in the season opener.

Maybe I'm just searching too hard for a reason to get upset about the Big Club, but with their "stacked" lineup, shouldn't their own players be scoring for them? You could argue that Brum would be on 6 points in the league now instead of 10 without another team's reserves -- come on Wenger, why are you helping them?

Pretty petty and stupid gripe to be fair Philly.

Brum have loaned these players for one reason, which is to help get them promoted. At the moment it looks like a good move by Brum, as these loan moves are really paying off.

Would you whinge if Rovers got promoted mainly becaue of loanees?

Thought not.

I just saw something that really irks me, although it probably shoudln't.

Out of Brum's 6 goals so far this season, 4 have come from on loan Arsenal youngsters (2 from Bendtner, 2 from Larsson), including the game winners against Shrewsbury today in the Carling Cup, Crystal Palace over the weekend and Colchester in the season opener.

Maybe I'm just searching too hard for a reason to get upset about the Big Club, but with their "stacked" lineup, shouldn't their own players be scoring for them? You could argue that Brum would be on 6 points in the league now instead of 10 without another team's reserves -- come on Wenger, why are you helping them?

Did you moan when Bentley scored whilst on loan here ?.

Did you moan when Bentley scored whilst on loan here ?.

I agree totally with your point, but as far as I remember he didn't score while on loan did he?

Wasn't ManU, after securing a permanent deal, his first goals for us?

Arrest me if I'm wrong though :)

Edited by Daje

Pretty petty and stupid gripe to be fair Philly.

Oh absolutely. Of course I wouldn't complain if the same thing happened to us, but I look for anything to moan about when it comes to the Big Club. I guess I should be looking at the reverse of this and saying that since their best players this season have been Arsenal youngsters, maybe they're starting to realize they're not as massive a club as they thought!

And OscarRaven... stop talking rubbish! We don't want Steve Bruce to get canned -- he's the only reason that a solid Premiership squad got relegated.

• 1 month later...

UNDER PRESSURE ! AGAIN

today on the BBC sport pages

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has admitted his position at St Andrews could be in jeopardy.

The club, relegated from the Premiership last season, are ninth in the Championship table with two points from their last five matches.

"Will my position be under threat? You've got to ask other people," said Bruce, whose side were booed off the pitch after Tuesday's loss to Norwich.

"Whatever happens, I've had five wonderful years (at the club)."

looks like he will need another big club soon,

Any body else think that the Dingle Dome would be perfect, a deluded manager of a deluded club, match made in heaven i would think :D

Feeling rather disappointed. The prospect of having a load of pet hates all rolled up into one BIG CLUB package disintegrating is not altogether appealing.

Would prefer Brum to gently subside rather than fall to pieces so the loathesome Bruce can be desposed of in a protracted will they fire him/won't they agony. The perfect end for anonymous non-entities.

I am absolutely disgusted with what is going on. We have the players, the backing and most of all some of the best supporters in the country. We carry the name of a great city and we should be plying our trade with the big boys in the Premier League. Please Mr Sullivan and Messers Gold get rid of him NOW before its far too late to rescue this season (although it may be already). The time for p**s poor excuses is over, lets have some action.

C/O a deluded Brummie fan!

Coventry isn't that bad on the whole. Sure, Wood End is an absolute dump, and Hillfields can be scary, but there are nice parts like Earlsdon. The city centre is slowly being done up, as they remove the drab modernist lumps.

However, I know that Aston is a craphole from seeing Rovers play Villa a couple of times, and going through it to the Thinktank place as part of my post grad course.

The part of Birmingham around Villa Park struck me as a bit of an industrial wateland when I was getting the coach through earlier this year. I didn't really get a look at much else of the city apart from the bullring, but the bus depot was a dingy litle hangar. I'm glad I wasn't waiting there at night.

The part of Birmingham around Villa Park struck me as a bit of an industrial wateland when I was getting the coach through earlier this year. I didn't really get a look at much else of the city apart from the bullring, but the bus depot was a dingy litle hangar. I'm glad I wasn't waiting there at night.

HAHAHAHA Sorry thought you would like this how deluded are birmingham

ink

"It depends on who comes in for him, though. If it is a Bolton or a Wigan who are interested, we can tell Matthew that we can be as good as they are.

unbelievable sorry but you not a BIG club your a joke

• 5 weeks later...

Whilst I am delighted to see the recent good run of Brum has saved Bruce's neck for another day Karren Brady is jumping ship, or not.

Has to sort out the Stevens Enquiry and the VAT Tribunal before she leaves.

So we add BIG CLUB to Notlob and Fat Freddie in the Bungs Enquiry line of fire? Thinks, how many players went from Ewood to St Andrews and were their transfer fees reasonable and realistic???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.