BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Harry Redknapp

Eddie

Anyone else getting tired of Harry Redknapp constantly saying the squad isn't strong enough after he loses? Already he has spent more than most clubs since he's joined, most of the squad is the one he used to have (those who left were usually taken by him) and yet he says they aren't even good enough to make 17th? Guy really gets on my nerves.

I must say, I was happy to see that they got their butts handed to them by Brum (one of the few times I'm glad they win) and got charged. The way the whole thing was handled was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen.

Didn't see the sense in signing both Mendes and Davies when they already had a perfectly good central midfielder in O'Neil (unless he's going to leave).

I think Redknapp can cope with the millions, despite a managerial lifetime of feeding on scraps, but will he have the time?

i recommend all football fans read this book :-

Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football

by Tom Bower.

it'll shed more light into the murky dealings on a few of 'football's loveable rogues'

ie, bates, venables and harry redknapp.

redknapp has an 8 million pound house, that from a guy who's managed, bournemouth, west ham, pompey and saints?

i wonder why he ships players in an out all the time? hmmmmmmm. blink.gif

I think Harry is great at picking up unknowns and kids and turning them into potentially good players, however he does seem to loose the plot when he gets money, i mean look what he bought at WHU with the money he made from selling ferdinand.......

• 3 weeks later...

I bet Spurs couldn't believe their luck when Harry turned up in January and said 'I need 3 players who have you got?'

Harry and Milan were sat behind me at the Chelsea Everton game last week and I have to say they seemed pretty tight. At half time they went off into a huddle together in the corner of the room and didn't speak to anyone. If it was my money Harry was spending I'm not sure I would be so friendly...

harry is full of excuses at the moment, what do you expect when your team loses when you have spent millions buying a whole new team.

need time to gel, get used to playing together etc.

have to say the signings are desperate, could call pompey the spurs reserves!!

tottenham must be loving how much they recieved for their clear out.

i susspect if they do go down there will be another clear out at fratton park but i doubt harry would get the axe.

I think Harry is great at picking up unknowns and kids and turning them into potentially good players, however he does seem to loose the plot when he gets money, i mean look what he bought at WHU with the money he made from selling ferdinand.......

377399[/snapback]

Sounds like Souness.

'Arry, dodgy cockney *anker wide boy, Rednapp' is my most hated man in football. How any Pompey fan has the nerve to support that team with that twitching thief in charge is beyond me. All the denials, all the moving up and down the road. He should be put down for the sake of all that is right and proper.

Edited by den

• 1 year later...

FA investigating £300,000 bet on Redknapp job

It's the second time that betting on Redknapp changing his managerial job has come under suspicion, after the massive amounts of money which were staked on him moving from Southampton back to Portsmouth in 2005.

I suppose that one of the things which should be investigated is whether Harry did indeed shake hands on a deal to go to Newcastle, before changing his mind the following morning.

Just how close did Redknapp actually come to being appointed Newcastle manager and did he speak on the phone to the "high-profile football figure" who apparently bet large amounts on him in two different managerial betting markets.

I'm not suggesting that Redknapp is definitely guilty of any wrongdoing here, but it is fair to say that controversy has followed him in recent years and Harry has earned the nickname "Readies Redknapp".

Tom Bower's book "Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football" is recommended for further information on "Readies Redknapp".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.