BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nintendo Wii

I attended a birthday two or three weeks ago and played the Wii for a good portion of the night. It is fairly entertaining and very open to the casual gamer. I still don't know whether it is more of a casual console than a console you buy and then commit a large amount of time to get your money's worth, but it has gone up tremendously in my estimation.

Edited by James No. 7

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit like that James and for that reason I'm glad that I have a 360 as well as a wii, but I can happily do my wii fitness test everyday, meaning that I play the wii for at least 10-15 minutes a day which is more than I do my 360. It is a great console when people are around, but it is still enjoyable by yourself.

Damage, if you're really going to party mode then maybe have a look at some of the reviews of Warioware Smooth Moves, I think up to 32 players can play (if I remember right) and it basically invloves loads of quick fire tasks that last a few seconds before switching to the next player. There's about 4 multiplayer modes that can be unlocked. But it is weird, so it might not be your thing :)

Weird sounds just about up my street!

What is all this fitness testing? what game is it on?

Just ordered console plus Wii play (for extra controller) for combined £210 from game.co.uk (also get 2100 points bonus points 1pt = 1p) with free delivery so not a bad deal. Will be ordering Wariowares also. Now my misses can go balling :blink: whilst I slice and dice with the locust horde!

The Wii Play pack isn't supposed to be that good and only really worth getting for the "free" controller. But in the last week I've found myself playing it quite a bit. I've mastered the shooting range but the Find Mii, Laser Hockey and Fishing have kept me entertained for a bit longer. 2 player shooting range is quite fun too :)

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like Sensi Soccer!

I'm intrigued as to how the gameplay will work with the wii controller. Throwings make sense but everything else?

I'd guess it's like mario football, where you use the trigger to shoot and the buttons on top of pass, etc. Then shake the controller to tackle.

Who ever was playing on that demo is shocking! They could have picked a bit where someone scored!

At least it will be seen for what it is on the wii.....an arcade game, not a simulation! So it could be quite good if ya looking for an arcade footy game......

on another note, bought mario party 8 today and iv gotta admit its good fun! despite some poor reviews

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in buying a Wii. The console on it's own isn't too expensive but when you add on about £50 just for another controller and nunchuck, the price escalates pretty quick.

Anybody know where Wii's are being sold a bit cheaper than the usual places or where the controllers etc are being sold cheap?

I got my Wii a few months ago when it was around £180 or so, and since then the price hasn't dropped a penny, still around the same price, some places even more expensive.

I think HMV have some for around £180 but unless you risk Ebaying a crap one you won't find one much cheaper.

As for if it's worth it, it depends

If you have friends round and enjoy waving your arms about and don't care too much for hardcore graphics, get one. If you can't live without HD and perfectly rounded people, and sit inside alone all day playing Oblivion, get a 360 Elite or PS3.

There are not too many good games out for the Wii yet but I expect christmas will be a bit busier.

Has anyone seen "Boogie"? Singing and dancing to your telly doesn't quite do it for me but if that's your thing :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely thinking of getting myself a Wii, have got a DS Lite, which is enough to tide me over at the mo and kind of got me back into gaming a bit. Will hang off until around Nov/Dec though and see what games/bundles are available then.

Has anyone got Paper Mario?? I wasn't really that interested in getting it but then I saw it in the shops and the switching between 2D and 3D looks well smart so I've gone and ordered it off t'internet, also anyone got Fifa?? I'm lookin forward to mario kart, the new mario and pro evo altho I just can't see pro evo working on the wii

fifa on the wii is ok, they've done it pretty well all things considering, would have rather seen the introduction of the classic controller but you can't win them all.

as for super paper mario, i know people that love it and people that hate it, wasn't my cup of tea.

• 1 month later...

Any hot tips for a new game for my Wii?

Been looking at Zelda and Metroid Prime: Corruption, but they are not exactly fresh meat. I need a driving game (wish Burnout was coming to the Wii... :( ) and a cool FPS. The controls in Far Cry left me unimpressed. Might look to the new Medal Of Honour when that comes out.

Super Mario Galaxy seems to be the top game at the moment. Zelda is great if you have played Zelda before, if it is your first time, i would go for something else. Call of Duty on the Wii might be an interesting FPS although there are not many missions available from what I have heard.

Driving game? Exite truck is pretty fun, although you might want a more street racing type of game like Need For Speed? Not sure if NFS Pro Street or whatever it is called is out for the Wii?

Edited by Anti-Dingle-Brigade

Guest Kamy100

I bought a wii earlier this week, mainly because my daughter has been asking for 6 months to get one. It is a great little machine, I thought that Wii Sports would be nothing but a fad, but last night the whole family was playing it, even the missus who never plays consoles was hooked by it. We also got Mario Galaxy and I started playing it today and 4 hours later I was still playing, very good game which is very innovative and i love the art direction, for me it is the game of the year. Hats of to Nintendo they have created a very good console, especially if you want to play as a family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.