BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nintendo Wii

Please could someone review some more of the games.

I know it looks fun to play but so was the eye toy when I first got that, jumping up and down and waving my arms around however, that soon became a fad and now just lives in a draw. I dont even use it for the 'put your face on a player' option because that dosnt really work either. I wouldnt want to get the wii only to find out that it becomes very boring after a while.

Also, can you use the pad for normal games like FIFA/PRO EVO ? I really wouldnt get one if this wasnt an option and would sooner keep the cash for the PS3.

So, away you go - anyone bored of the games you have played so far?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they are coming out with a normal controller. So if you get it you can always just use that if you want to.

In that case I have to ask myself if that doesn't defeat the whole purpose of the Wii. If you use a conventional controller than really don't you just have a more expensive Nintendo Gamecube?

I see the Wii being a hit at parties, but looking less charming when you are alone with her.

In that case I have to ask myself if that doesn't defeat the whole purpose of the Wii. If you use a conventional controller than really don't you just have a more expensive Nintendo Gamecube?

I see the Wii being a hit at parties, but looking less charming when you are alone with her.

I agree.

• 1 month later...

The age old debate! I usppose it depends what type of games you're into, whether you'll like the Wii or not. If I personally want something like GTA or Call Duty, etc I'll just use my PC. I've always found that Nintendo games are a lot more about fun than graphics. I can't put down the Wii Sports pack I'm verging on PRO status on boxing :)

Alright I'm a total hypocrite as I bought the Wii last week. I bowed down to the constant media hype and of people saying how much fun it is...and you know what?? It's wicked fun. I bought this in the hopes of getting my wife interested in gaming as it was something that I loved doing (I now own all 3 next-gen systems). The beauty of it is that she is really enjoying it.

I ended up buying that game "Trauma Centre" where you play a surgeon who has to perform operations on patients using the Wii remote (and Nunchuk). It's a great game and is a novel way to showcase the innovation of the system. I think that's obviously going to the be the key to the Wii's success which is making games that are fun and make creative use of the controls.

I can't say right now if it will become gimmicky as it's still a lot of fun to play. I suppose one good argument is that the Nintendo DS has been able to go from strength to strength in utilizing the touchscreen.

I still maintain the need for traditional style gaming but if you want the little woman and yourself to have a good laugh together than the Wii will deliver.

I bought this in the hopes of getting my wife interested in gaming as it was something that I loved doing (I now own all 3 next-gen systems). The beauty of it is that she is really enjoying it.

My girlfriend was vehemently against me getting one, assuming that it would steal my time away from her. Now she asks me to take it round to hers all the time. Playing video games with your girlfriend rather than just getting earache about it is miles better. So is the satisfaction in winning ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I know it looks fun to play but so was the eye toy when I first got that, jumping up and down and waving my arms around however, that soon became a fad and now just lives in a draw. I dont even use it for the 'put your face on a player' option because that dosnt really work either. I wouldnt want to get the wii only to find out that it becomes very boring after a while.

Also, can you use the pad for normal games like FIFA/PRO EVO ? I really wouldnt get one if this wasnt an option and would sooner keep the cash for the PS3.

So, away you go - anyone bored of the games you have played so far?

The Wii is lots of fun as a party game console, same as eyetoy or singstar. Playing on your own I don't think it's as good really, playing with others it's lots of fun. I haven't played Zelda so I can't comment on that as a single player experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii on Thursday, it is bleeding fantastic, so much more fun than just pressing buttons on a controller. Tennis, Baseball and Boxing on Wii Sports are fantastic but knackering!

I managed to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii on Thursday, it is bleeding fantastic, so much more fun than just pressing buttons on a controller. Tennis, Baseball and Boxing on Wii Sports are fantastic but knackering!

I'm still enjoying the Boxing one in particular on the Wii Sports pack. Once you get up to 1000+ level it's a lot harder and a lot more fun!

www.gameplay.com will accept orders but make no gurantees when stock becomes available.

monitor sites like www.wiipreorder.co.uk and www.wii-consoles.co.uk, both of them have alert systems that pop-up when a store has stock.

Got mine from simplygames.com £249 inc Sonic and Zelda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.